Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.

Go down 
+54
bite the pillow
SplitThePosts
kickingking
ClaneLillywhite
lilywhites on tour
fatherted
Thin Blue Line
srg hartman
Anyonebutthedubs
lily4fr
Ogie
steviegenius
standhimup
Hurlerbehindtheditch
lilysavage
shortgrass
parcel
Cassanata
Ned
topcat
jj
Southern Gael
Admin
john Boy
Onechance
white boy
Taibi
moatesports
Thelillywhites
GoDownOnIt
lomond
BearintheSquare
Botch
NorthernLily89
seamymurphy
CillDara71
LillieLad
Badger85
KILL BILL
jimmers
White Bridge
Caprea
flourman
Curraghplains
TommyKeegan
Clubman
jim
murof
Highball
Rex
Cilldara_2000
Flamingo
Gaa1928
FionnMcCool
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 8:51 pm

Wonder will the county board release the final shortlist once they have gone through all the applicants?
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 11:30 pm

topcat wrote:
Wonder will the county board release the final shortlist once they have gone through all the applicants?

Would be very surprised if they did topcat, but I think they should.

It would be nice to get an update that simply sets out the next steps and maybe a timeline. I know they've already outlined the process but would be great just to get an update with names or even how many applicants and confirmation of moving on to next stage.

Like wouldn't it be intrigueing and create great hype if they announced 4 applicants going forward!!! We would know 2 but there would be wonder about the other 2.... no harm creating a bit of a buzz around the whole thing, might get people more engaged for league games next year
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2021 11:41 pm

I don't envisage a scenario where they release names to be honest. If I was applying for a job, regardless of how high profile it was I wouldn't want anyone knowing I was in the unlikely event that I didn't get it.

moatesports likes this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2021 6:37 am

I hope the CB let Glen Ryan edit his CV cause today was another impressive result against all odds

Cilldara_2000, lily4fr, seamymurphy, GoDownOnIt and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
NorthernLily89
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 12:11 am

jim wrote:
I hope the CB let Glen Ryan edit his CV cause today was another impressive result against all odds

Also add -13 in their group and relegated from division 1 league this year, not a great year.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 12:55 am

NorthernLily89 wrote:
jim wrote:

Also add -13 in their group and relegated from division 1 league this year, not a great year.

Yeah im sure they'll lose a lot of sleep about having a worse score diff than cloghs and moorefield
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 1:20 am

Leave Glenn with kildare u15 development panel

NorthernLily89 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 am

Last minute grasp goal to keep them from relegation hardly impressive??
Now I respect Glen Ryan Kildare legend no doubt about it. Dont believe he is the man to bring Kildare forward imo.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:06 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Last minute grasp goal to keep them from relegation hardly impressive??
Now I respect Glen Ryan Kildare legend no doubt about it. Dont believe he is the man to bring Kildare forward imo.

Why?

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:39 am

Only my opinion of course I think that boat sailed a long time ago.To be honest his mangerial career does not scream at me that he is the right man for the Kildare job. You cannot fault the mans passion for Kildare and hard steel. Wouldnt have been many lads that didnt feel Glen at no.6 but are some blinded by this thinking of the hey days?
Maybe I will be proved wrong but cant help feel Kildare need something special to ignite it all again and I dont think neither Ryan nor Cribbin will do that as much as they are passionate Kildare men.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:42 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Only my opinion of course I think that boat sailed a long time ago.To be honest his mangerial career does not scream at me that he is the right man for the Kildare job. You cannot fault the mans passion for Kildare and hard steel. Wouldnt have been many lads that didnt feel Glen at no.6 but are some blinded by this thinking of the hey days?
Maybe I will be proved wrong but cant help feel Kildare need something special to ignite it all again and I dont think neither Ryan nor Cribbin will do that as much as they are passionate Kildare men.

Thats fair enough , and please don't take this the wrong way but what does the boat has sailed mean? Tom Cribben isn't from kildare btw
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:52 am

His managerial career does not scream at you? You've lost a lot of credibility straight away there.

He won 2 national leagues as an inter county manager. In the last 5 years he's taken Towers from a team that were knocked out in QF of intermediate, to winning that championship and yesterday beating Moorefield to progress from the group stages. You say that's "hardly impressive". So I think we all know the sort of character you are. And I'm not even mentioning what's he's won with underage club and county teams.

I'd agree that his time has passed for a chance at the Kildare job, and it's a symptom of why we've done/ won nothing in recent times
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 3:53 am

He was born in Laois but he has been living in Clane since he was a child...at what point does 'isn't from Kildare' lose all meaning whatsoever ?

Cilldara_2000 and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:01 am

CillDara71 wrote:
He was born in Laois but he has been living in Clane since he was a child...at what point does 'isn't from Kildare' lose all meaning whatsoever ?

I'm not sure if there's an age on it I was just stating a fact . Dont get me wrong doesn't mean he would have any less passion for the team that any out manager
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:12 am

You think Glen Ryan not getting the Kildare job has been the reason for Kildare not winning anything in recent times?
Its much deeper than that when we were going well with a good manager the self destruct button was pressed within but thats in the past now. I think the boat sailed for Ryan when Jason Ryan was chosen ahead of him.
The man could prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:19 am

Why has the boat sailed ? Why would Glen Ryan be a good choice to take over from McGeeney but not be good enough to take over from Jack O Connor?
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:21 am

I never said I would have chosen Glen Ryan after Mc Geeney either. I think Mc Geeney should have been left in charge but thats a different debate altogether.
Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:21 am

'I'm not sure if there's an age on it  I was just stating  a fact '

You said he's not from Kildare. Is that a fact, or just your opinion ? If a fact in your eyes, that means you have to be born in Kildare to say you're 'from Kildare' ? Be good to know. My family moved here when I was 2. I've always considered myself to be from Kildare but I guess I will have to reassess.

Cilldara_2000 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:28 am

CillDara71 wrote:
'I'm not sure if there's an age on it  I was just stating  a fact '

You said he's not from Kildare. Is that a fact, or just your opinion ? If a fact in your eyes, that means you have to be born in Kildare to say you're 'from Kildare' ? Be good to know. My family moved here when I was 2. I've always considered myself to be from Kildare but I guess I will have to reassess.

Very fair point .its my opinion you're from the county where you reside when you leave hospital.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:30 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
I never said I would have chosen Glen Ryan after Mc Geeney either. I think Mc Geeney should have been left in charge but thats a different debate altogether.

I know you didn't but you've yet to give a reason in your opinion why his boat has sailed? I'm just intrested thats all.
Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:42 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
You think Glen Ryan not getting the Kildare job has been the reason for Kildare not winning anything in recent times?
Its much deeper than that when we were going well with a good manager the self destruct button was pressed within but thats in the past now. I think the boat sailed for Ryan when Jason Ryan was chosen ahead of him.
The man could prove me wrong.
Jason Ryan wasn't picked ahead of Glenn Ryan, Cian O'Neill was. That particular process was very highly tainted in that Glenn was led to believe the job was his and had assembled a formidable management team. A former county chairman was instructed to inform Ryan the job was his. In the meantime Cian O'Neill had been approached separately and was appointed manager. The former county chairman hasn't set foot inside St Conleth's Park since, such was his anger at having been put in such a position. A shameful episode and an example of why Kildare football has stagnated under this quality of leadership.

lily4fr, seamymurphy and GoDownOnIt like this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 4:42 am

Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, no matter how daft it is 😀
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

Because if he was as good as a manager as some on here claim he would have got the job a long time ago.
Now he could prove me wrong and I would only love to be proved wrong if it meant Kildare were to win another Leinster title.
Back to top Go down
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 6:14 am

Thelillywhites wrote:
Because if he was as good as a manager as some on here claim he would have got the job a long time ago.
Now he could prove me wrong and I would only love to be proved wrong if it meant Kildare were to win another Leinster title.

I think Southerngael's post above proves that it wasn't Glen's lack of managerial expertise that didnt get him the job but more an element within the county that's rotten to the core.

When Glen's credentials were listed above, it wasn't mentioned that he also got a Kildare side to an U21 final but lost to a good Kerry team.

Personally, I'd be more than happy to see Glen get it and I'd be 100% fully behind him. I think Davy Burke is a better choice and I'd be fully behind him too. If Tom Dribble gets it I won't be at any game

Thelillywhites and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2021 6:45 am

'Lads I would ask people to please lay off the personal insults towards individuals, name calling and the likes.
I know this in an emotive issue at the moment, but please think before you type. Would I like this written about myself, my Dad, brother or uncle.'

You reacted positively to this comment from the admin last time GoDownOnIt, and yet here you are (again) with 'Tom Dribble'. Show a bit of class ffs

Cilldara_2000, lilysavage, moatesports and bite the pillow like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.    Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack O'Connor - Thank you, but Good Luck.
Page 11 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next