Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Championship 2024

Go down 
+64
Clubman
bite the pillow
Kildare127
bloodsub
Liffey Likes
Nuxerfromthe50
Rex
TheGreatof1928
John_R
smokey
DannyBoy
Sleeptight
Ogie
flourman
Leead64
All down the line
Southern Gael
Kildarelilly
shunta15
Onhisboot
Bigfullforward
ClaneLillywhite
if_in_doubt
Columbo
Strangler
MD
Ontheterrace
CONNTRICK
Highball
OutSideOfTheBoot
donnellyshollow
Onechance
Thelillywhites
Tawnbag123
Lilywhite forever
Kildare999
Kildare98
Twentyeight
FlourBag_1
murof
KILL BILL
SplitThePosts
seamymurphy
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
lily92
MickosMen
NorthernLily89
moatesports
OutTheGap
Badger85
LillieLad
BearintheSquare
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
totalgaa
FionnMcCool
Flamingo
really_unofficial_kildare
newornowhere
Botch
Countyminor -84
jimmers
68 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 2:29 am

Kildare98 wrote:
Tailteann Cup draw - mouthwatering ties against Leitrim, Longford, Waterford.

We are slightly behind others in prep as Glenn has freely admitted he has no plan. Plus we have no fitness or tactics so I would give each of those teams every chance of beating us. Waterford in particular would be a chronic humiliation, but we are genuinely playing at London / New York level currently.

Glen has given them this week off. After losing 9 of their last 11 games. Relegation to Div.3 and Relegation to Tailteann Cup.
We're playing Longford on 11th/12th May which is less than 2 weeks away and they've a week off.

How in the name of fucking jasus is this lad still our manager.

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, Kildare98, Twentyeight, Thelillywhites and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 2:35 am

Lads, whatever else you say about them, this is genuinely the unfittest Kildare team I’ve ever seen.

At key points during last weekend’s game, they were absolutely flayed, no energy or spark at all. It was genuinely shocking.

S&C (sweets & candy?) clearly not up to it along with Nally.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatof1928
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 3:36 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Kildare98 wrote:

We are slightly behind others in prep as Glenn has freely admitted he has no plan. Plus we have no fitness or tactics so I would give each of those teams every chance of beating us. Waterford in particular would be a chronic humiliation, but we are genuinely playing at London / New York level currently.

Glen has given them this week off. After losing 9 of their last 11 games. Relegation to Div.3 and Relegation to Tailteann Cup.
We're playing Longford on 11th/12th May which is less than 2 weeks away and they've a week off.

Have to agree there is no sense to that when they are looking so unfit.

He definitely should have had the wisdom to not say it at all!!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 4:25 am

A week and one match with their clubs might be no harm. Blast off some cobwebs and then full reset.

Like 1 game away from camp will hardly cause much disruption...

Ohtoohtobe likes this post

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 4:52 am

I don’t agree with it but our lads will get better training + s & c. Some will even play with a better quality of player at their club.

How he came out and said he didn’t understand where the performances came from despite only winning 1 games since the O’Byrne cup is fucking hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 4:55 am

FionnMcCool wrote:
Kildare98 wrote:

He also said in the same interview he didn't have a plan for (Tailteann)
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 6:48 am

I'd say it's more likely a week on the piss in Naas for Punchestown rather than a week back training with their clubs.

Kildare98 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 11:20 am

Thelillywhites wrote:

What he said is:'To be honest I didn’t have a plan in place for this.'
Most fair people would read this as him saying he planned to win last Sunday rather than facing into the Tailteann cup.  Your interpretation is twisting things.
If he'd said he had a plan, he'd be accused  of having given up on the Leinster championship before the match.

Ohtoohtobe, lilysavage, OutSideOfTheBoot and Lánchúlaí like this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 6:19 pm

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
Said it before but any player that leaves the panel of his own accord should never wear the Kildare jersey again. The Tailteann Cup isn't beneath us. It's our level this year.

Don't get you logic here at all, I'm surprised more on the fringes haven't walked. Everyone knows glen will play the same old unreliable in the tailtenn cup and not try a young lad at all. Why would anyone stay near this shit show.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 6:58 pm

newornowhere wrote:
Said it before but any player that leaves the panel of his own accord should never wear the Kildare jersey again. The Tailteann Cup isn't beneath us. It's our level this year.

Don't get you logic here at all, I'm surprised more on the fringes haven't walked. Everyone knows glen will play the same old unreliable in the tailtenn cup and not try a young lad at all. Why would anyone stay near this shit show.

I know Glen is really unapproachable but if I were on the panel and not getting a sniff of game time id be asking him why for a start. The young lads need to stick with it. The end is in sight. I seriously can't see Glenn Ryan anywhere near the thing next year. Along with about 5 or 6 of the players.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 7:40 pm

When new manager comes in this year, he wont give 2 hoots if a lad went to Boston or if he picked splinters out of his hole in the dugout in Dungarvan watching same lads get their 150th games.
It will be a new slate, like all new regimes.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 7:41 pm

lilysavage wrote:
When new manager comes in this year, he wont give 2 hoots if a lad went to Boston or if he picked splinters out of his hole in the dugout in Dungarvan watching same lads get their 150th games.
Yeah but if things don't improve then supporters will remember exactly who fucked off when we were on the bones of our arse. Every single one of those lads including management have gotten us where we are. They need to see it out now.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 7:46 pm

MickosMen wrote:
lilysavage wrote:
Yeah but if things don't improve then supporters will remember exactly who fucked off when we were on the bones of our arse. Every single one of those lads including management have gotten us where we are. They need to see it out now.

I think we're past that stage now. If you dont change it up for these games, when ?
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 7:52 pm

lilysavage wrote:
MickosMen wrote:
lilysavage wrote:

I think we're past that stage now. If you dont change it up for these games, when ?

That won't happen though. We all know it. There should have been a change in management after year 2. Someone should have shown leadership and made a change in management during the league this year when it was clearly obvious things were going backwards and fast.

We are going to limp through the Tailteann without any change whatsoever. Listen to Glenn Ryans silly interviews. Look at players failing to kick the ball over the bar from 20 meters and failing to execute 5 meter hand passes.

Zero leadership at all levels.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 8:01 pm

If the same team is selected for these games, I will be tuning out until next year.
Back to top Go down
Onechance
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 8:03 pm

lilysavage wrote:
If the same team is selected for these games, I will be tuning out until next year.

Not sure how you are still tuned in tbh, the Cavan game finished me!
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 8:33 pm

lilysavage wrote:

Why do you think it will change now? Donnellan and O Grady have been the worst players all year and they’re the only players to start every game.

Sargent is a million miles off county standard and has been for the best part of 3 years, he was dropped for one match and then put straight back in only to be as far off the pace as ever.

Plenty of options in the panel as well. The defenders and goalkeepers on the bench against Louth were all better than the ones that were starting.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 1:41 am

Ontheterrace wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

What he said is:'To be honest I didn’t have a plan in place for this.'
Most fair people would read this as him saying he planned to win last Sunday rather than facing into the Tailteann cup.  Your interpretation is twisting things.
If he'd said he had a plan, he'd be accused  of having given up on the Leinster championship before the match.

Fairpoint but let's be honest does it look like he could come up with a structured plan all year?
No just like there will be no structure to the play in the Tailteann.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
srg hartman
Junior A
Junior A
srg hartman

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 8:27 pm

lilysavage wrote:

Current manager didn't give 2 hoots when some lads went to Australia this year
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2024 8:59 pm

If anyone is buying the Kildare Nationalist today "The Supporter" column is well worth a read. It will probably be online later so I'll post the link. Pulls no punches.
Here is a the supporter article you mentioned:
https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2024/05/02/there-is-nothing-wrong-with-failure-if-you-give-your-all-the-supporter-column/

He raises mostly the same issues as people here on the forum but it's fairly depressing reading how we are not fulfilling close to our potential in so many areas.

bite the pillow, Southern Gael, Lánchúlaí, really_unofficial_kildare and Corporalkildare like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 12:47 am

OutTheGap wrote:
If anyone is buying the Kildare Nationalist today "The Supporter" column is well worth a read. It will probably be online later so I'll post the link. Pulls no punches.
https://kildare-nationalist.ie/2024/05/02/there-is-nothing-wrong-with-failure-if-you-give-your-all-the-supporter-column/

He raises mostly the same issues as people here on the forum but it's fairly depressing reading how we are not fulfilling close to our potential in so many areas.

The main issue I have with that suggestion is we have always been an unsuccessful county. Apart from the odd few years. Our current demise whilst steep and alarming is probably more in tune with the majority of our past.

You can certainly see potential there but throughout the years we have never really exploited it for pro-longed periods. There is a massive divide in Kildare GAA. I think that something that isn't spoken about enough.

OutTheGap likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 2:00 am

MickosMen wrote:
OutTheGap wrote:

The main issue I have with that suggestion is we have always been an unsuccessful county. Apart from the odd few years. Our current demise whilst steep and alarming is probably more in tune with the majority of our past.

You can certainly see potential there but throughout the years we have never really exploited it for pro-longed periods. There is a massive divide in Kildare GAA. I think that something that isn't spoken about enough.

What is the divide?
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 6:01 am

OutTheGap wrote:

Wow, that is an excellent article...one of the best i've read in a long time. Is that Pat Costelloe that does work for KFM on match days, and reports on new shops opening and the likes ? I always like his reporting and he comes across as a lovely man. Kudos to him, that article hits the spot...food for thought !
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 6:16 am

Badger85 wrote:
MickosMen wrote:
OutTheGap wrote:

What is the divide?

Clane/Sallins. The CB will just about tolerate Naas. They prefer Athy ploughmen.

MickosMen likes this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 6:17 am

Kildare football stuck in the stone age
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Championship 2024   Leinster Championship 2024 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Championship 2024
Page 27 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next