Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'

Go down 
+19
Loads of Pints
Stonecold
kartman
Sam1928
carburyman
Ogie
peile
geezerslilywhites
Highball
lilywhiteforlife
Could'nt Trap Cement
walsheman
lilypremier
jnrwhite
rgb
Rex
ElGuerrouj
wingback
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Empty
PostSubject: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:29 am

I came across this on youtube this evening, seemingly its been described as the new kildare song and a rival to the Curragh of Kildare according to the Leinster Leader, its the first I've heard of it, dont know whether to find it amusing or not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuUOFGY2BXo

Lyrics

"The sun hangs like a ball I want to kick,
And I think of the team kicking walls just to clear the nerves,
There are voices in my head clattering like studs on the concrete floor of a dressing room,
Voices that promise the moon, the stars and 14 points
To put the match beyond all doubt and to wrap it up in seven minutes still to play.
But then the other voices come, broad accents, sneering that nothing is ever won
Running again like a grainy film, the late collapse, the heartbreak goals that have ruined us in years gone by.
Guilty, guilty I'm loving you
And this is it, cigarette smoke drifting like a promise
And the quiet men, the man who won't stop talking
The noise inside my head that's louder than the shouting all around
The high ball spinning through the air
I look away because this just might be the one that just changes everything
And I try to catch my breath, sucking in the smell of new mowed grass, and fear and desperation.
And the crowd surges, somebody slaps me hard across the back.
I jump, to see what's happening.
I can't believe. I can't believe. The players stretching out to face the ball, dappled in the late summer sun
And the voice is whispering I told you, I told you, didn't I tell you this would happen
Guilty, guilty I'm loving you."
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:34 am

Awful!! it's not a song, it's a poem and not a great one at that!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:36 am

That's John McKenna who wote that, there is piece about it in the Leader today.

McKenna is a writer and a big lilywhite supporter. What's the harm, I remember some of the stuff that was released in '98 and boy some of that was dire but it was great fun.

Good on him more of the same needed.
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 am

MacKenna is a fantastic writer and a very down to earth guy. There are some great lines in that song. Not sure if it would be one for the terraces though.
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 am

Well that's 3 minutes and 1 second of my life wasted.

I cringe when all these 'songs' come out at this stage of the championship.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 am

Actually, did it even mention Kildare in it?
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:04 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Actually, did it even mention Kildare in it?

I'm not replaying it to find out
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:08 am

To be fair jnrwhite, I doubt if John MacKenna is aiming for the novelty GAA songs market with that one.

Speaking of which, I still have terror visions of Mayo's version of The Banana Boat Song.....ugh.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:04 am

No lads in all fairness The Curragh Of Kildare is the only song. It is our county anthem.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:42 am

heard a version of come on u lilly-whites....cud be getting revampt
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 am

Does anyone have that link to the kildare song that came out for 98 , went something like 'dont let it be the same old story kildare'
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:46 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bLGqecb6LI

not the best quality but the only version on it i think. was youtube even around back then scratch

brings back some great memories from a great year Very Happy , actually a great song too Smile and I heard too that there is a new version coming out for this year.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:21 pm

Chorus

come on you lily whites
this time we'll do it right
and it wont be the saaame oul story

cause we dont give a damn
we're coming home with sam
cause its our year of gloooory

was great craic altogether!!!
Back to top Go down
geezerslilywhites
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:19 pm

i remember being at a home-coming for the team in 98, in Naas from what i remember but couldnt be sure. Also remember Micko saying "you have to lose one to win one". Great song, great words from Micko and you just never know, dreams can come true.
For me, we're the fittest team in Ireland, the hardest working team, have the best manager and best team spirit (and some bloody talented players too!). We'll take some beating that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:36 pm

I'm guilty of being a simple man ! Too much onomatopoeia and symbolism going on here New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:43 pm

peile wrote:
Too much onomatopoeia and symbolism going on here New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_neutral

Peile you crack me up
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 pm

To be fair, John Mackenna is a poet and author; not everybody reads poetry, but he's not going to fuck out a come all ye for the masses... it's not for everyone obviously, including me as it happens, but he's acknowledged as a top man at what he does
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 12:57 am

Cant we just not wait till after the Down game,then we can bring out all the songs we want.
The hype that was around in 98,we dont need it this time,a Little is ok
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:10 am

Dont like it.

Not a patch on

"We are white, er, we are white,
We are feckin' dynamite
Na na na na na na na"
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 am

You can't beat the curragh of kildare,great song especially when song by the legend christy moore.(or glenn ryan)
I had a dream the other nite that Doyler was making his speech up the hogan stand steps(because we had broken onto the pich) when suddenly all the kildare fans burst into the chorus of the curragh of kildare....a great dream.When i woke up i realised most kildare people dont even know the words so i think that shall remain a dream.

I think some sort of chant in honour of dermot senior and junior is in order for such a situation.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:20 am

I rememeber the version of Sleepy Jean by the Monkees that was directed at Tommy Carr and Dublin back in 2000................
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 1:24 am

jesus you can bate the wife............... but you cant bate the build up to a big kildare game!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:15 am

You cant beat ' Curragh of Kildare' but this man writes from the heart. Mckenna must have been following Kildare for 40 years to understand what its like whan things take a turn for the better. These are good times and we will remember them in 50 years time if we're alive. I want to see Kavanagh's goal forever and o neills pace as he charged into the square. Bolton's point and o flaherty's frees. these things have happened now and will never be forgotten. Mc kenna has been re-discovered. He hurt for years, imagine how he feels now. I would like to ask him to write about us in 7 weeks time or just to write about Kildare this minute. Dont ever knock a man who's so prepared to show his colours.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:21 am

hear hear 1928. Well said.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 10:50 am

good man!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'   New Kildare Song - 'Guilty' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kildare Song - 'Guilty'
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next