Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***

Go down 
+61
Misneach
kildare
Lily8
squire
browser
MD
KILL BILL
gaaman
steviegenius
abl
Fear An Geata
decbuck
centreback
SamMaguire
nasher
Come on the Boys in Blue
townendterrace
Ned
GAA_PUNTER
Dinny Breen
stanley
carburyman
shortgrass
Sam1928
Derfil
Onhisboot
analysis
if_in_doubt
Ohtoohtobe
shortgrass1928
peile
geezershorts
Rex
jj
GaaHead
Pure White
midfieldmaestro
flourman
koko39
FearBan
bob12
kildarecat
tomcruise
kickingking
kartman
Jimmy winning matches
shoutitout
Ogie
Loads of Pints
rgb
armagh4sam
walsheman
Kaiser Sóze
rboy
bag of white
lilywhiteforlife
ChillDara
hawker
jnrwhite
Stonecold
mrblobby
65 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:08 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Armagh4sam

Access it online, press control,Alt,Print Scrn at the same time, open up microsoft paint,
right click and paste.

Save as a jpeg and upload it onto here.

Simples.

Fionn, I know we have had our differences and believe me I do respect your opinion but you have gone way too far this time.

You said "Simples".

You are lucky this isnt the official forum. You'd have a 5 day ban and possible castration for that.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 am

From Tierney

"We got on well together, but we come from opposite ends of the spectrum.
"People think McGeeney invented this (non-smiling) profile of himself when playing for Armagh. But McGeeney didn't smile in u12 team photographs. It wasn't something he started doing when he became a county footballer.
"He played football like that when he was 10 years of age, he was so competitive.
"In Kildare recently he fought in a charity boxing event.
"Typical McGeeney, he went away and trained for three months and battered his man to a pulp within two minutes. I fought at a charity boxing event and I went into the ring with a Btaman suit on.
"That's the difference - he trained for three months and I went and bought a Batman suit."
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:14 am

Sam1928 wrote:

You said "Simples".

You are lucky this isnt the official forum. You'd have a 5 day ban and possible castration for that.

hahhahah I nealry fell off me chair, and i'm at work, u can't be putting up pictures of Carol like that for jaysus sake.................
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:15 am

Brilliant a4s, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:18 am

armagh4sam wrote:
From Tierney

"People think McGeeney invented this (non-smiling) profile of himself when playing for Armagh. But McGeeney didn't smile in u12 team photographs. It wasn't something he started doing when he became a county footballer.
"He played football like that when he was 10 years of age, he was so competitive.
"Typical McGeeney, he went away and trained for three months and battered his man to a pulp within two minutes. I fought at a charity boxing event and I went into the ring with a Btaman suit on.
"That's the difference - he trained for three months and I went and bought a Batman suit."

Good story that. Im sure the banter between the Armagh boys of '02 must be epic.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:23 am

Sam1928 wrote:
armagh4sam wrote:
From Tierney

Good story that. Im sure the banter between the Armagh boys of '02 must be epic.

Please dont say epic Rolling Eyes

on a completely unrelated matter - any chance of gettin "tegral" and a kildare crest photoshopped onto carol there?

can i have a kildare win please carol?
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:24 am

Sam1928 wrote:
fionnmccool wrote:
Armagh4sam

Access it online, press control,Alt,Print Scrn at the same time, open up microsoft paint,
right click and paste.

Save as a jpeg and upload it onto here.

Simples.

Fionn, I know we have had our differences and believe me I do respect your opinion but you have gone way too far this time.

You said "Simples".

7. 'Feuds'.
On occasion, two or more posters become fixated with annoying each other, without necessarily descending into personal abuse per se. However this behaviour is very disruptive to whatever thread it breaks out it, and causes threads to be taken over by tit for tat insults. In a case such as this, a moderator may post a public and private warning for both posters to completely ignore the other, refraining from referring to, directing comments at, or answering the other poster. Disregarding this warning will result in a ban.

Penalties - 1st offence after warning - 2 Days, 2nd Offence - 10 Days, 3rd Offence - Permanent Ban

think you are both lucky this isnt the "official forum" Razz

Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:25 am

McConville makes reference to the famous tackling grid straightners.

The stories of Mardsen and McGeeney battering each other in these are legendary, but the story also goes that any fringe men not pulling their weight in the sessions got 'sorted out' in the grids.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 am

Nice pic sam
Back to top Go down
GAA_PUNTER
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:37 am

Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 am

I really shot meself in the foot didnt I. Thanks 'pints and LWFL.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:34 am

as long as that's all you shot Sam
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:36 am

Ogie wrote:
as long as that's all you shot Sam

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:48 am

Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 1:52 am

Grimley also fondely remembers the customary "30-second meetings" Geezer would call in the middle of training sessions with Armagh.
Grimley and Joe Kernan were stationed at one end of the field when the captain would call a halt to proceedings and express his dissatisfaction with the quality of the session.
It could be McGeeney one night, McGrane the next, or one of the McEntees.
Thirty seconds and a few choice words later, training resumed with renewed vigour.
"If he thought you didn't do enough in one training session, if there was a tackling grid he would get you," said McConville.
"I used to spend a lot of time in tackling grids with him then I copped on. There came a time when I made sure I wasn't anywhere near him in those drills.
"He always wanted me to give more and I would have got a phone call about it a few times from him."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:08 am

Down 1-16 Kildare 0-8 (Allianz GAA Football National League Div II: February 7th, 2010, Newbridge) Down made a great start to the Allianz GAA Football National League, easily beating Kildare in Newbridge. Kildare started well but Down gradually took control and a goal Paul McComiskey set them on their way to a lead of 1-7 to 0-6 at half-time. Kildare managed just two points in the second half while Down added a further 0-9.
Kildare had Gary White and Daryl Flynn sent off in the second half.

Down: B McVeigh; D McCartan, B McArdle, D Rafferty; K McKernan, J Colgan,C Garvey (0-1); A Rodgers (0-3), K King; C Maginn, M Clarke (0-3, all frees), D Hughes (0-1); P McComiskey (1-4, 0-2 frees), J Clarke (0-2), B Coulter.

Subs: C Laverty (0-1) for Maginn, S Kearney (0-1) for Hughes, M Poland for Coulter; P Fitzpatrick for King, P Greenan for Rodgers.

Kildare: S McCormack; A MacLochlainn, M Foley, E Bolton; G White, B Flanagan, A Rainbow; D Flynn, D Earley; G White (0-1), P O’Neill (0-1), R Kelly (0-3); K Ennis (0-2), R Sweeney, J Kavanagh (0-1).

Subs: H McGrillen for Foley, K Donnelly for Sweeney, D Lyons for Rainbow, K Cribbin for Kavanagh, R Walsh for Cribbin.

This makes for intersting reading, only 5 lads possibly starting on Sunday in the position they played in this game and only 7 lads from the game in total.
8 Changes and 10 positional changes since out very first game of the year.

12 Lads started for that day for down started v Kerry in the Semi Final all in the same position. Poland came on, Dan Gordon was injured as was Rooney.

Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 am

armagh4sam wrote:
Grimley also fondely remembers the customary "30-second meetings" Geezer would call in the middle of training sessions with Armagh.
Grimley and Joe Kernan were stationed at one end of the field when the captain would call a halt to proceedings and express his dissatisfaction with the quality of the session.
It could be McGeeney one night, McGrane the next, or one of the McEntees.
Thirty seconds and a few choice words later, training resumed with renewed vigour.
"If he thought you didn't do enough in one training session, if there was a tackling grid he would get you," said McConville.
"I used to spend a lot of time in tackling grids with him then I copped on. There came a time when I made sure I wasn't anywhere near him in those drills.
"He always wanted me to give more and I would have got a phone call about it a few times from him."

Jesus I'd bleed for him too... raaaaaaar
All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 William_Wallace
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:24 am

Some statement from Benny Tierney on the hogan stand.

"Kildare have a chance to win the All-Ireland, and the only reason they've got a chance is because Kieran McGeeney is in charge."

Geezer's a legend but 'the only reason'. In fairness he has a talented bunch of players to work with.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:13 am

Let them talk up McGeeney, notwithstanding the massive influence he has had.

It takes the pressure off the rest of the players. All the talk about Kildare is focussed on McGeeney (see Indo article today) and a handful of certain players - JD, Earley and Jimmers. Most Kildare supporters will tell you that our best players this year have been Kelly, McGrillen, Flaherty, Flynn and Callaghan yet these lads are getting very little attention which should suit them grand.

I'd rather the media saying what talented players they are on the night of the third Sunday in September rather than the last week in August.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 6:33 am

All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Simples

Simples.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 7:38 am

Anybody think that if Dermot is fit (enough) to start then he might be an option at full forward? Be the type of tactical move that Down wouldn't have prepared for and if we're going to play a target man up front then who better to challenge Dan Gordon under a high ball.

Only a thought now...
Back to top Go down
Ned
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:18 am

I was thinking the same thing if_in_doubt, it's not something Down would be expecting. It was tried earlier in the year, I think in the 2nd Antrim game and it seemed to be very effective. I wouldn't rule it out
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 8:27 am

Ambrose Rogers is a big loss to Down.Will Peter Kelly mark Coulter?Can Kildare's forwards follow up two unbeleiveable scoring performances?
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 am

best of luck v down up da dubs Wink
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 am

vodafone2010 wrote:
best of luck v down up da dubs Wink

Fair play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***   All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread*** - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Semi-Final 2010 Sunday 29th August 3.30pm Corke Park Kildare vs Down***Official Thread***
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next