Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cork or Down

Go down 
+14
hawker
squire
Stonecold
KILL BILL
stanley
walsheman
wingback
Dinny Breen
Fear An Geata
ixus
shoutitout
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
Rex
18 posters

Cork or Down
Cork
Cork or Down Vote_lcap81%Cork or Down Vote_rcap
 81% [ 25 ]
Down
Cork or Down Vote_lcap19%Cork or Down Vote_rcap
 19% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 31

AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:37 pm

Maybe it's to early for this but I'll ask anyway. Which is it Cork or Down take the question as you wish.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:40 pm

down
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 pm

Down
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:49 pm

Cork
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Cork by 7 or 8 points. They won't leave this one behind them.
Either O'Leary or Shields will follow Clarke and will keep a very tight reign on Clarke.

Cork have more than enough cover to win midfield, we fell a bit short there the last day losing Early and Flynn.

I just think Cork are going to explode in this game. Mc Kernan will have his hands full with O'Neill operating in a different way to our own O'Neill.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:07 pm

Shouting for Down but think it will be Cork. If we were playing Cork and played the way we did against Down I'd expect to lose, yet with better decisions from umpires / ref we'd have beaten Down.

Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:08 pm

double post

Last edited by ixus on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:08 pm

Treble post!
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 10:45 pm

Cork
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:58 pm

cork by 6/7
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:51 am

Surprised so many have gone for Cork by such a large margin, what reflection does that have on us.

I too think Cork will prevail but by no more than 3 points. I would actually prefer them to win because they like us but on a broader scale have been through the ringer with disappointments over the last few years. I think they deserve an All Ireland far more than Down.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:00 am

down have never lost in a final . cork are in white for final down are in yellow black for final
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:12 am

cork,there booing from down annoyed me and also went toilet at h/t and 5 or 6 down lads were there singing cheeerio at me!!SO CORK
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 1:52 am

JME wrote:
Surprised so many have gone for Cork by such a large margin, what reflection does that have on us.

My logic would be that the Cork defence has more experience than the Kildare defence in marking top class forwards on a regular basis. Between Div.1 football and regular battles against Kerry where they have to cope with the Gooch and Declan O'Sullivna amongst others this will stand to them. Hughes' performance will have been well noted, I doubt he'll have another as good.

Cork have a more experienced reserve midfield in Murphy than we did without Earley.

I think Down were at the top of their game, we were not and still had enough scoring chances to win the game.

The only thing that can beat Cork IMO is "the fear" of losing.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:00 am

I hope Cork win as I am sickened over the way we lost to Down.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:08 am

Kildare by 4 - well, should have been anyway
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 4:41 am

Down had to play at their best to scrape by us, and we were spluttering. Cork have stumbeled through the championship. If we had somebody to mark Marty Clarke it would be us.................... Cork by 5
Back to top Go down
squire
Junior C
Junior C
squire

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:40 am

Down will be ahead but will be pulled back in by Cork in the last 10-15mins. Can't see Down getting a 7 point lead at any stage without another helping hand from the officials. So Cork to prevail in an exciting game by 2/3 points.

Then again, I couln't care less who wins it. rabbit
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 5:43 am

Think its Cork for me too. As stonecold said we were not at our best on Sunday and we came so close to beating them. Jaysus it still sickens my lunchbox to be saying that. I think I need to go chop a tree or something to let off a bit of steam.

Awful awful feeling.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:18 am

All the big players for Down were at their very best to beat us Sunday and with that they were very lucky. Don't think they have enough overall to beat Cork. Either way I'll be happy for either of them. Cork by 3 for me.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 3:11 pm

I would say cork , the pain of some many misses , to drive them on , down are very limited if supply is stopped going into there forward line. cork will be to dogged for them

No disrespect to the lillies ,but if the lillies were on top of ther game sunday like previous sundays/saturdays , i would say the sheer momentum of 82 year would have blown cork out the gate , i dont think cork would have live with kildare if the gods had you there

i say cork have " poxy luck" on there side, a jammy all ireland for the taken

jesus i wish it was a kildare v dubs final , the crack would be mighty , and like above , i still think the gods would have you as winners
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm

I think Cork will win narrowly, they were taken a bit by surprise by Dublins suffocation tactics and the two man full forward line, which worked for the Dubs for the most part but on another day a tactic that could just as easy have backfired bigtime.

Downs forwards will cause any defences trouble and if they can get enough supply into them Its not beyond them to cause an upset, I think Cork will shade the midfield battle and win by 3 or 4.

But I'll be cheering for Down, the Down players or fans didn't make those dicey calls so my bitterness is not directed at them.
Back to top Go down
townendterrace
Junior A
Junior A

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 am

Cork!!!!!!!!Obviously.We have never lost an All-Ireland playing in white!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cork or Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork or Down   Cork or Down Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cork or Down
Page 1 of 1