Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Cork

Go down 
+51
bob12
walsheman
smokey
Flamingo
if_in_doubt
kelf
Lily8
Ois
Carburyhill
shortgrass
Stonecold
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Taibi
LillieLad
lilysavage
onthewayup
shortgrass1928
theemperor7
tpos
Westside
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Dinny Breen
Rex
white boy
teedee
stanley
kildaregaa365
reichenhall
Jimmy winning matches
inexile
johnsmyth
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
Onhisboot
lilywhites on tour
jimmers
steviegenius
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
OutTheGap
fatherted
Shergar
topcat
milltownmary
intheback
murof
Bad News Baba
jj
flourman
bag of white
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 6:45 pm

So the cushy draws have ended:

Football – Round 4A

1. Kildare v Cork/Kerry
2. Fermanagh v Westmeath

These games are scheduled to take place Saturday, 25 July.

Last edited by bag of white on Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Great stuff - chance to redeem ourselves after Dublin debacle + a road trip and night away in either Thurles or Limerick.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:43 pm

Will be no tougher than playing Dublin and hopefully we won't be beaten before we take the pitch this time.  think it will be Cork  we play who I'd give us a small chance of turning over.  They throw in a few bad games here and there any maybe they'd be a bit deflated after losing to Kerry which I think will happen
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Not great but we've had a couple of lucky draws this year.  

Is there any ground that is not in Munster than could hold this game.  Thurles is a grave yard for Kildare teams.

I don't see us having much of a chance no matter what team comes out of the Munster final.
As long as we don't capitulate the same way we did against Dublin I'll accept it.

Hopefully Kerry and Cork knock seven shades out of each other and we pick up the pieces, that's the best scenario as far as I can see.
Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm

I think it will be Cork also, who depsite drawing with Kerry last week are not in the same league as Dublin Kerry and Donegal and to a lesser extent Mayo. They are in the 2nd tier of teams and is really where we are aiming for.

With the right game plan, team selection and mentality I think we can give them a test.

Short turnaround also for them after the replay. It's a chance to put in a good performance against a good side.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:11 pm

If it's Cork then it is a good draw for us. They would have to deal with the knowledge that they blew it in the first match and have a 7 day turnaround. We have had 2 fairly benign draws and possibly could have got another against Westmeath which would have delayed the inevitable meeting with a top team for another week.
I still think we have better players than the results have shown this year. With the return to full fitness of Moolick, and the 2 Kellys and the emergence of Sherry we are in a lot better position than we were 6 weeks ago.
Hopefully Ryan now has some idea of his best team and best tactics and with the success of the minors the morale must be good in the camp.
Back to top Go down
Bad News Baba
All-Star
All-Star
Bad News Baba

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:20 pm

This is going to be make or break for Ryan. I'd prefer him to go no matter what but if he gets a result or even a close run thing he could hang on for another year. A beating and he's toast.

Over to you Jason.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 9:43 pm

Kerry will not turn over Cork that easily. Maybe if your previous manager was in charge ye might have some kind of chance.

Would love to see them do it, however maybe Offaly and Longford are their level , or would another manager squeeze more juice out of the orange ?
Back to top Go down
milltownmary
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 10:53 pm

If it's Cork is there any chance of a double header in limerick with the cork Galway hurling game??? It's Thurles if kerry.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:02 pm

Hurling matches fixed for the Sunday, probably both in Thurles, I doubt Sky will accommodate by moving their slot to Sunday, they have already changed times this week so RTE can show the Munster final replay.

As for the game itself, I too reckon it will be Cork, the seven day turnaround won't be easy for them but they do have better players than us, particularly up front with O Neill, Hurley and O'Connor, they will set up defensively so we should be able to get some sort of foothold and not get blown out of the water by them.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:13 pm

The 2 hurling quarter finals are on rte on Sunday the 26th. There'll also be a minor hurling quarter final that day. So no chance of a double header with their hurlers I'd say. Last year the 2 4A qualifiers were played in Tullamore which suits Sky so I don't think its out of the question that both matches could be in the same venue.

Can't see Fitzmaurice allowing Kerry to be opened up as easily again. Think Kerry will win and coming off a 7 day turnaround I wouldn't fear Cork.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Tullamore is a possibility but I doubt it, reckon we will be sent to Thurles/Limerick with Westmeath v Fermanagh in Breffini Park, Sky are showing two games this weekend from different venues so I doubt it would be a massive issue for them were they not to be held in the same venue.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 12:18 am

Delighted with that. Hopefully get a good performance out of ut
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 am

The ideal scenario for us would be for Kerry to hammer Cork in the replay and then Cork would only have 7 days to recover.

If we did play Cork, I'd worry if our half-back line could cope with their running game if we are set up like we have been so far in the championship. I still have bad memories about Pearce O'Neill and co. running through our defence at will in 2012. If Fergal Conway is available, I'd play him as a sweeper like we did against Monaghan last year. And I'd be tempted to bring Peter Kelly in for Mick O'Grady. We have to start with our best team - no point bringing lads off the bench when the game is effectively over.

We have a bit of momentum and most of our injured players back so I'd be expecting us to be competitive.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 am

Kind of strange our championship will (probably) end without us taking on a team rated just above us. I think a game or two against the likes of Armagh, Galway, Roscommon or Meath would have told us a lot more. As it is I think Cork will be a bridge too far and if we exit the championship losing to Dublin and Cork it'll be very hard to know where we stand.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 1:34 am

True O2, we would have learned more playing Fermanagh or Roscommon. But a win with a big score does a lot for the confidence of some players.
Have we ever scored more in the championship than we did against Longford?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 1:44 am

I see that the top 3 teams is N.F.L. Div. 2 are out of the championship and of the 6 teams promoted across all divisions only Fermanagh are left ????
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 am

All the other times and venues confirmed for the qualifiers except ours. Assume we're on at 7 (Fermanagh & Westmeath on at 5).
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:46 am

If its Cork would the game not be in Portlaoise? If its Kerry it will be Thurles.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 2:56 am

steviegenius wrote:
If its Cork would the game not be in Portlaoise? If its Kerry it will be Thurles.
If it's Cork in Portlaoise that would be great break for us
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 5:17 am

Game confirmed to be on Sky so that means a 7pm throw-in
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 6:30 am

I think it will be Kerry. Just have a strange feeling that Cork are going to beat them. They are cute hoors when they get going, and they know they should have closed the game out the last day. In saying that disaster could strike and Cork could fail to turn up against them and receive a beating. Unlikely to happen though. As for ourselves this is a chance to put in a solid 70 against a hopefully somewhat fatigued opposition in a 7 day turnaround!! Thurles it will be regardless.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:22 am

Would it have been too much to ask of the GAA to give out the 2 possible venues depending on who we are to meet ?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 7:33 am

Thurles or Limerick are probably the most likely. As you say though the GAA should be able to say if Cork venue X if Kerry venue Y. Probably more likely to get the answer from Sky than the GAA though!
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2015 9:28 am

murof wrote:
True O2, we would have learned more playing Fermanagh or Roscommon. But a win with a big score does a lot for the confidence of some players.
Have we ever scored more in the championship than we did against Longford?

I heard after the Laois replay that our score that day (3 18) was our record score in ch'ship, so 2 24 against Longford beats that again, if that's correct that is our 2 highest scores in championship in this campaign, not that that counts for a lot when you get a 19 point hammering from Dublin, but it shows we are getting something right in our forward play
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Cork Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Cork   Kildare v Cork Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Cork
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next