Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cork V Dublin

Go down 
+29
Fear An Geata
ripvanwinkle
bloodsub
Yellow Pearl
centreback
Come on the Boys in Blue
FearBan
Loads of Pints
bob12
Lily8
kickingking
rgb
Rex
kildaregaa365
stanley
Ohtoohtobe
jj
jnrwhite
shortgrass
tomcruise
Sam1928
Jimmy winning matches
shoutitout
lilywhiteforlife
walsheman
Derfil
Could'nt Trap Cement
Stonecold
MD
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:49 am

I know its a Kildare forum but surely people are interested in seeing who are potential opponents could be for the final. What are peoples thoughts on this game? I fancy Cork just. If Cork can do their best on Brogan,Dublin have very little thread as their forwards other than Brogan are not up to it.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 5:56 am

Cork are badly managed and clueless. No tactics, no plan, half backs constantly running into blind alleys, gifted forwards that are wasted with no supply, players taking too much out of the ball. The pressure Dublin will put them under will make em fold, Dublin by 4 for me.
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:49 am

Dublin v Kildare final would be something else , however i reckon dublin will choke it they havent the bottle for big games , there like the England football team they constantly look good but always come up short on the big days
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:59 am

I'm with Stonecold in his opinion. Dublin are on a roll and when their ganders up they're hard to stop. Cork remind me of a team hoping and expecting things to happen rather than actually going out with any coherant game plan to make it happen.

Dublin for me.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 7:19 am

I have to say a Kildare-Dublin final would be great but getting a ticket and if we lose it would be a disaster.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:09 am

i think dubs are gonna be cork to,the way dublin start a game is unreal,and they seem to be starting the 2nd half the same!!!dubs by 2 for me!!
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:51 pm

MD wrote:
Dublin have very little thread as their forwards other than Brogan are not up to it.

Not sure if this is true really anymore there are the two brogans in it, quinn and that o'gara looks dangerous enough too. Dublin have scored 6-93 so far in championship thats an average of around 1-15 per match.

Didnt think Cork looked too convincing for the first half against Roscommon. That was playing against a team who really wanted (and maybe just ran out of steam) while Cork just didnt look like they did.

Also I think this dublin team is a bit different to the ones that have tended to choke at the later stages in recent years, since alot of the players who were there years and always under huge pressure to finally "deliver" before aren't there anymore. Its a panel of mostly young fresh players without alot of baggage of the teams of previous years.

I think Dublin can do it if they keep the hype down and dont let it get to the players this time like they have in the past.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:32 pm

This will be very close.
If Cork were to get a good start would the Dubs panic like they did against Wexford. After 45 min of that game they just abandoned their game plan without having a plan B which is not the sign of a team that fully believes in the system that they play.
Will Cork put out their best team? At the moment they are still making too many changes and have not found the right players and game plan.
I will go with Cork by 2 just because I believe that they have the better players man for man.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:38 pm

canty and sheehan doubts for the match
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:43 pm

Dublin to fly into a 7 point lead and then realise they are on the verge of an all ireland final and collapse before eventually sneaking a draw at the end.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Cork by 5 to 10 points.Bet of the year Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:55 pm

Dublin by 6 points
Back to top Go down
jnrwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate
jnrwhite

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 5:13 am

Canty's almost certainly out. He has a grade 2 tear in his hamstring and that usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:58 pm

cork by 2
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 pm

Cork to win for me but it's only a 3rd/4th place playoff anyway !!!. All I know however about this game is that when the final whistle goes the butterflies will start to really kick in knowing it's all down to ourselves the following Sunday
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 10:26 pm

Dublin are much harder to beat now and it will be close for long periods I reckon but Cork have the better panel for me, if they hit form at all, they'll have too much. Cork by five for me.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:06 pm

Cork easy enough ( by 6 to 10 points ).I cannot understand how everyone is now deserting them after so many tipping them at the start of the year.Will be a difficult team to beat in the final as well Sad
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:31 pm

I think its a tough one to call so I'll go for the Dubs by 2
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Its a hard one to call as Dublin have been looking better with every game this year, if they play with the same pace and intensity that they showed against Tyrone and Louth I think they will win but if Cork get a good start I don't see any way back for the dubs. If we can beat Down I would fancy our chances against either of them.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:01 am

i think the dubs are gonna win aswell,fancy them by 1-3 points....sud be a good game,if cork can stop there brilliant starts anything cud happen!!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 am

Fancy the Dubs - feel they have a momentum that Cork don't. Maybe that is heart ruling head as I truly feel a Kildare / Dublin final (with the obvious result!) would be a fairytale ending to 82 years of hurt ! I believe the hype and pressure could really get to Dubs on 19 September and we would come into it as underdogs and with Geezer hopefully keeping a lid on the hype and keeping the players grounded. Too excited for words even writing this.. roll on 29th..
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 12:17 am

Cork for me, they have been spluttering along all year but are due a big game performance.
It was nice seeing the Dubs beat Tyrone but that's enough of that sentiment, a Dub team in the final would be hard to bear no matter who they are playing.

Cork by 3
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:10 am

Cork rely on their half-back line a lot to launch attacks using overlaps etc. If they start to run up the blind alleys that the Dubs will have ready for them, Cork might not have the wit for a Plan 'B'.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:30 am

I don't know what to make of Dublin. They have some average enough footballers in their team but the system they're employing at the moment is compensating for that lack of talent. Gilroy has done a very good job in my opinion. Dublin are showing great team spirit and are really playing for the jersey. All of the playing to the gallery crap that Pillar and Lyons' teams engaged in has been dispensed with under Gilroy. Their lack of experience might actually benefit them because the likes of O'Carroll, McAuley, Corkery, O'Gara etc. don't carry the mental baggage of failing at this stage in the past. I do think their lack of individual footballing talent (on paper I'd say Dublin individually are the weakest team left) will eventually catch up with them but their collective might be enough to get them over Sunday's hurdle.

I say that because I've never really been convinced by this particular Cork team. Their 1-9 are probably the best left but they are lacking in the forwards. All six are good individual players but they lack a real talisman up front who can be relied upon to kick a big score on the big day. Each of the other three teams left have at least one of these players - B Brogan, Coulter & JD. Colum O'Neill and Ciarán Sheehan were excellent underage players but whether they can do it when the chips are down on the big day in Croke Park remains to be seen. O'Neill started brilliantly in last year's All-Ireland Final getting a great goal early on but once Tommy Griffin got to grips with him he faded out of the game completely.

Cork lack leaders and this could really tell against them if Canty is ruled out. I'm not sure Cadogan is the greatest replacement either. He seems to be a bit of a loose cannon from what I've seen (both hurling and football) and I reckon the Dubs might rattle him. If Cork fail to crack Cluxton's kickouts then Dublin might just sneak this. Dublin are greater than the some of their parts whereas Cork look a bit rudderless.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:03 am

kickingking wrote:
I don't know what to make of Dublin. They have some average enough footballers in their team but the system they're employing at the moment is compensating for that lack of talent. Gilroy has done a very good job in my opinion. Dublin are showing great team spirit and are really playing for the jersey. All of the playing to the gallery crap that Pillar and Lyons' teams engaged in has been dispensed with under Gilroy. Their lack of experience might actually benefit them because the likes of O'Carroll, McAuley, Corkery, O'Gara etc. don't carry the mental baggage of failing at this stage in the past. I do think their lack of individual footballing talent (on paper I'd say Dublin individually are the weakest team left) will eventually catch up with them but their collective might be enough to get them over Sunday's hurdle.

I say that because I've never really been convinced by this particular Cork team. Their 1-9 are probably the best left but they are lacking in the forwards. All six are good individual players but they lack a real talisman up front who can be relied upon to kick a big score on the big day. Each of the other three teams left have at least one of these players - B Brogan, Coulter & JD. Colum O'Neill and Ciarán Sheehan were excellent underage players but whether they can do it when the chips are down on the big day in Croke Park remains to be seen. O'Neill started brilliantly in last year's All-Ireland Final getting a great goal early on but once Tommy Griffin got to grips with him he faded out of the game completely.

Cork lack leaders and this could really tell against them if Canty is ruled out. I'm not sure Cadogan is the greatest replacement either. He seems to be a bit of a loose cannon from what I've seen (both hurling and football) and I reckon the Dubs might rattle him. If Cork fail to crack Cluxton's kickouts then Dublin might just sneak this. Dublin are greater than the some of their parts whereas Cork look a bit rudderless.

Bloody hell. Great analysis. The RTE boys aren't a patch on you. Nice one!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cork V Dublin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cork V Dublin
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next