Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cork V Dublin

Go down 
+29
Fear An Geata
ripvanwinkle
bloodsub
Yellow Pearl
centreback
Come on the Boys in Blue
FearBan
Loads of Pints
bob12
Lily8
kickingking
rgb
Rex
kildaregaa365
stanley
Ohtoohtobe
jj
jnrwhite
shortgrass
tomcruise
Sam1928
Jimmy winning matches
shoutitout
lilywhiteforlife
walsheman
Derfil
Could'nt Trap Cement
Stonecold
MD
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 11:55 am

A bit presumptious there I think James, get over us and then look at Cork.

Back to top Go down
Pure White
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Sur let him on...suits us that his eye is straying 'off the ball' ...
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 pm

I don’t buy into the idea that Counihan doesn't know his best team. I think he had it fairly right against Dublin.

He didn’t start Murphy because, after injury, he wouldn't be up to the high octane game that Dublin play, especially around the middle. He used Walsh and O'Connor and when O'Connor tired brought on Murphy to great affect.

O'Neill has been a bit hot and cold all year. He played Sheehan because he has simply played better than O'Neill all year and with the way Dublin play, he knew pumping in big high ball at the start of the game wouldn’t work. O'Neill came on when the game was getting a bit ragged and acted as a great target man.

Canty had to start, it’s like Earley. If Earley is anyway fit on Sunday he has to start. Counihan was 100% right to start Canty in my opinion. Cadogan is an excellent option from the bench.

Kavanagh came on to spoil Fennels game and Gould was a time waster/shore things up.

In my opinion, Cork owned the ball on Sunday. Dublin got most of their scores from sloppy turnovers and built very little themselves. Their game plan was more negative than any Northern team ever employed and was solely based on the more crowded our defence the harder it is to score.

Cork weren’t near the top of their game but still won. I think they fully deserved to win. They created more chances, played all the football, won the loin share of possession from kick outs and were generally much better footballers apart from a few of Dublin’s standout lads!

Some of the press since the game has been laughable. If I woke up on Monday morning and never saw the game I would put money on Cork played in dark clothes and balaclavas, carried knives and committed day light robbery to rob Dublin of their right. Everything was about how unlucky Dublin were and how heart breaking it was to see them beaten.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:09 pm

JME wrote:

Is it not just 'what if' talk?!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 24, 2010 9:19 pm

Can we ban the word 'Cork' until after Sunday even though this is a thread on them ??!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 am

Ogie wrote:
JME wrote:

Is it not just 'what if' talk?!

Not even close and it's a silly comparison. We are just supporters with no input, he is the Manager of Down.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:37 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Speaking of choking.....

WE choked pale pale , i will admit that Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad , bottle it ,a bit of that too , yes we were limited ie one decent forward , and in the last 5 mins we gave away silly peno ,and frees , other than that , some bad finishing too in the last 5 mins , but i am Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , happy with our progress this year , and our future looks very good , bring in more of the U21 all ireland winning team , and we should develop a little more forward in 2011 , its now to prove my predictions fionn incorrect Wink Wink Wink 82 v 15 silent silent

i wish you the best of luck via down , and cork if you reach the promiseland , but remember this one eye over the shoulder 2011 , because were coming to get it off ya Wink Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cork V Dublin   Cork V Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cork V Dublin
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4