Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Managers

Go down 
+36
TommyKeegan
snowman
wingback
beans on toast
Dido
Yellow Pearl
Frankel
losthope
hawker
Misneach
Big Full Back
whitestar
centreback
Taibi
Stonecold
gaaman
Fear An Geata
overthebar
Horsebox
Adam91
Come on the Boys in Blue
ElGuerrouj
Jimmy winning matches
steviegenius
shoutitout
jj
walsheman
Ogie
Kaiser Sóze
lilypremier
rgb
snow white
GaaHead
Muller
transit man
abl
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

New Managers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 am

Mick Hyland in Rathangan this year
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 5:34 am

gaaman wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:

I thought that coaches employed by the Co. Board couldn't manage a Club team unless it was their own Club. How did David Murphy get around that one ???

I think that rule has been relaxed, as no county was paying any attention to it.
Even in Kildare, Noel Mooney was at Larries, and not Ellistown I think?

I thought that Noel Mooney had to give up training the Larries because of that rule and his involvement with Ellistown last year was not in an official capacity (only there because of a health issue with the trainer I think ?)
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 am

no1 else listening to the rule prob so they decided they cud go ahead with there coaching!!!well he is with ellistown again this year anyway
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:23 am

To quote Lucky Number Slevin "it's a Kansas City Shuffle"
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 10:13 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
overthebar wrote:
heard ex st kevins manager david murphy is new towers manager for upcoming year. also pat (stretch) winders has been appointed manager of robertstown for 2011. any other new managers/trainers for the year ahead....??

I thought that coaches employed by the Co. Board couldn't manage a Club team unless it was their own Club. How did David Murphy get around that one ???

I thought the same myself , conflict of interest county job , club assignment , has this chap managed a sigersion cup collage ??? if so whom , from what i heard he a good manager by all accounts
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:04 am

Heard from a reliable source yesterday that steven kinneavy is the new larries manager
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:09 am

pat winders might be a good manger has he any experience?
david murphy has it all to do at towers to turn them around from last year be interesting to see how he gets on
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:25 am

Towers arent the force they once were, they could well be following theyre neighbors ellistown down to the intermediate ranks, football in south kildare is in serious decline!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 am

Your right Taibi. Football in south Kildare is in a bad state.
I mean Larries didn't win the championship in 2009, and athy hasn't won the last 3 minor titles in a ROW along with this years u21 title. Also I would have counted the Moores a south Kildare team.
What a statement to make.
Back to top Go down
whitestar
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:00 am

with fionnmcool here ha ha thats the worst statement i have ever heard , celbridge didnt make last 8 last yr kilcock prob wont have enuf players to field a team las yr , clane are the pits fture looking good but they need them players fast,lexlip are middling as usuall, carbury are coming good but panel is nt strong enough to compete with top teams capable of a few shocks but totally relying on the two flahertys and rossiter,maynooth still a long way off ,down the south if anything seems to be getting stronger , moores are still young and will be there or there about for the next 5yrs , athy are only going to keep improving and will no doubt challenege soon if they keep the lads together, laurences are young still loads of talent there for the nxt 5 yrs, suncroft are looking good nw 2 rainbow will be focusing more on club football and his experience will bring the younger lads like fionn dowling mark browne and eamonn tyrell on. so in my opinion the south is looking alot more promising than the north
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:12 am

Oh the Old North-South divide................ Thank God I'm a midlander!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 am

whitestar wrote:
with fionnmcool here ha ha thats the worst statement i have ever heard , celbridge didnt make last 8 last yr kilcock prob wont have enuf players to field a team las yr , clane are the pits fture looking good but they need them players fast,lexlip are middling as usuall, carbury are coming good but panel is nt strong enough to compete with top teams capable of a few shocks but totally relying on the two flahertys and rossiter,maynooth still a long way off ,down the south if anything seems to be getting stronger , moores are still young and will be there or there about for the next 5yrs , athy are only going to keep improving and will no doubt challenege soon if they keep the lads together, laurences are young still loads of talent there for the nxt 5 yrs, suncroft are looking good nw 2 rainbow will be focusing more on club football and his experience will bring the younger lads like fionn dowling mark browne and eamonn tyrell on. so in my opinion the south is looking alot more promising than the north

Yawn ...........................
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am

jj wrote:
whitestar wrote:

Yawn ...........................

It's nice to see our established members give our newer ones such an enthusiastic welcome!! Lol..
Smile
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 12:39 pm

haha thought that would get a reaction lol!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Gives baby jesus a pain in the head reading that, what ever happened to basic syntax?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 2:04 am

vodafone2010 wrote:
Fear An Geata wrote:
overthebar wrote:
heard ex st kevins manager david murphy is new towers manager for upcoming year. also pat (stretch) winders has been appointed manager of robertstown for 2011. any other new managers/trainers for the year ahead....??

I thought the same myself , conflict of interest county job , club assignment , has this chap managed a sigersion cup collage ??? if so whom , from what i heard he a good manager by all accounts
involved wit ucd
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:58 am

all kildare coaches now are allowed to train/manage other club teams besides there own club from 2011, this was agreed from croke park as far i know. a nice little earner in these times of recession if one could get it..... of coarse travel expenses only.....!! no under or over the table payments allowed in this fair association of ours... or so i'm told silent Wink
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 5:34 am

walsheman wrote:
yeah that rule seems to have been more or less got rid of!!
mooney wit ellistown again!!
ronan byrne taking over st.kevins!!

As I'm not very au fait with the club scene I have to ask.

Who is Mooney?

And better still who is Ronan Byrne? Is that the Coill Dubh fellow who played hurling with Kildare?
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 am

noel mooney is a coach with kildare gaa,ronan byrne is from milltown,won championship with them few years ago
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 am

still no manger in suncroft yet
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 am

Former Laois player Mick Lawlor is the new Ballykelly manager
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Rainbow player manager? would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 pm

Taibi wrote:
Heard from a reliable source yesterday that steven kinneavy is the new larries manager

Poor old larries!
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Taibi wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

This just could not be true. Surely?????
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:38 am

Newbridgefan wrote:
Taibi wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

This just could not be true. Surely?????

I'd be amazed. They're obviously going for a change of style
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Managers   New Managers - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Managers
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next