Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+81
topcat
Oneill
Lilly07
daracill
niallos
abl
clonmullin
Frankel
johnsmyth
Misneach
lilywhite dancer
whitetop
Admin3
Derfil
lilly-exile
Ohtoohtobe
unlaoised
Yellow Pearl
GaaHead
kartman
MD
jim
Square Ball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
smokey
lastline
Flamingo
The Giant
snowman
midfieldmaestro
centreback
Always_White
KildareFan96
KILL BILL
Loads of Pints
tpos
tomcruise
shoutitout
TheBigFullForward
parcel
jj
analysis
howdoyoudo
White Bridge
steviegenius
FearBan
Kaiser Sóze
bob12
The Oracle
losthope
carburyman
Fear An Geata
overthebar
Big Full Back
faithfullily
ChopperDalton
hawker
learmus
bloodsub
SamMaguire
Sam1928
stanley
if_in_doubt
kickingking
Ogie
naked-lilly
flourman
Taibi
doubleagent
Chout34
Stonecold
peile
lilypremier
rgb
Son of Sarsfields
Lily8
Jimmy winning matches
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
walsheman
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:46 pm

naked-lilly wrote:
oh theres nothin more annoyin than roars from the stand of "drive it long" or "will ya let it in" ball goes up " now thats the ball" opposing player wins the ball "ah for feck sake lads"
wrecks the head!

Laughing Laughing . I find this very funny. Because it exactly what was heard on a regular basis in Newbridge on Sunday. I couldn't agree more with Marcus about keeping the ball even if you are going sideways or backwards. The opposition cannot score when we have the ball.

The fella behind me Sunday had some gems of wisdom. Only for him we would have lost the game on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 am

Poor oul Meath, they were that desperate they even brought on they're sub keeper into the forwards scratch
Back to top Go down
niallos
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:19 am

I noticed that with the sub-keeper Taibi but he actually kicked one of the scores of the game.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:47 am

hawker wrote:
naked-lilly wrote:
oh theres nothin more annoyin than roars from the stand of "drive it long" or "will ya let it in" ball goes up " now thats the ball" opposing player wins the ball "ah for feck sake lads"
wrecks the head!

Laughing Laughing . I find this very funny. Because it exactly what was heard on a regular basis in Newbridge on Sunday. I couldn't agree more with Marcus about keeping the ball even if you are going sideways or backwards. The opposition cannot score when we have the ball.

The fella behind me Sunday had some gems of wisdom. Only for him we would have lost the game on Sunday.

Spot on, was fierce funny. They actually rarely lost it doing that... it was textbook Tyrone '2008 and I thought it was great. Unlike Cork for example, who on bad days could shuffle it over and back for ages and ages and ages and do nothing, Kildare are just waiting to attract opposition and for a runner to go into space. Once that's done, the pace of the attack picks up immediately and the ball is delivered promptly inside. Sometimes there was a fist pass across the goal and the crowd were going ape but it found it's man and it wasn't as if it cleared two Meath men to get there. And sometimes, you're just under pressure and you're just trying to keep possession. The one or two times the ball was just kicked aimlessly out of defence because of that pressure, it was kicked to a Meath man and the crowd were pissed off with that too... But look, you have to accept that while most people that attend might by GAA people and might even have played, a huge portion of them don't understand the game. you can see that here as it is.

I would have thought Flan has been creaking a bit since last year, having been brilliant in 2008. And management obviously are looking for alternatives too because there have been plenty of changes at 6. The fact that Flano was back there Sunday would suggest that they feel he is either returning to form or that the alternatives haven't produced, even if Bolton got an All Star nomination last year. It would be Chalky for me but maybe they just want to let him ease himself back in on the wing and given how well he's played, don't want to mess with him
Back to top Go down
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 am

Great to see the team taking shape at the moment. I agree with most that we are blessed with forwards-------who to leave out is the decision. Midfield is a slight worry but its good to see Daryl back. Think myself that while Paudie is tough and a great grafter nevertheless he lacks the height to seriously challange some of the really tall midfielders, especially for kickouts.
Great competition in the halfback line for places with some very worthy candidates.
Mick at full back is doing very well at moment but I feel that both he and Hugh would have problems with small nifty forwards, yet i like their style and committment, always ready to surge forward in attack. How about Mac? if he could just keep the yellow cards at bay!!!
Present keeper looks very solid and our backup has performed well at highest level, even if a bit short
Dare I say it, but we have a right good panel
Hope our long term injuries take their time and dont rush back too soon, while we would love to see them back in action its better that the injuries are cleared up completely
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:32 pm

If you look at the stats for the League so far, apart from Donegal (conceeded 4-46) Kildare have only conceeded 2-55. This is the 2nd best defence in the league across Div 1, 2 and 3. We know that the cornerstone of any good team is the defence and I would be happy with the way Kildare are defending. This time of year its more stamina work and I would see the forwards and midfield come into their own right as the year comes..... We can be optmistic.....
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

all quiet here
Back to top Go down
Kaiser Sóze
Intermediate
Intermediate
Kaiser Sóze

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:49 pm

there are rumours going around that the kildare match this weekend might be changed to the saturday evening in omagh?this will hardly happen will it?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Kaiser Sóze wrote:
there are rumours going around that the kildare match this weekend might be changed to the saturday evening in omagh?this will hardly happen will it?

I thought it was on Saturday anyway??? Do they not play night games for the league?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

No, its down as a Sunday afternoon game. Changing it would be very unlikely I'd imagine and a bit unfair on what hopefully will be a good travelling support.

David Goldrick to ref I think. A good ref from what I remember. He reffed the All Ireland final last year I think.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:41 pm

sure senior league games are fixed for saturday so it wont be going ahead on the saturday,was always due to take place on the sunday...wudnt change it this late with people having travelling plans sorted

Last edited by walsheman on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lilly07
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Thats rubbish talk that the match has been changed its on all the offical websites that the kildare match is on SUNDAY in omagh at 2:30
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 1:15 pm

How are we fixed for this?? Is leper back?
hope morgan flats starts... half back line of him at 5 bolton 6 and chalky 7...

Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 1:14 am

Tough game on Sunday and it will tell us where we are at. Our peformances have been improving in the last 2 games but Tyrone in Omagh will be the biggest test we will have this side of the championship. If Kildare, Meath and Sligo win next weekend, Kildare will be promoted irrespective of what happens in the last round of matches
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:03 am

Its a tough ask to win up in Omagh, Tyrone have won 3 on the trot and can also sense promotion, it's a little over 7 weeks to our first championship opener so hopefully we will start to gather some momentum. likely to be a low scoring game. fingers crossed Lilies get a sneaky win.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:23 pm

It's a big game for Klidare. We find ourselves in a position to get promoted so I'd imagine the team would be looking on this game as if it's a championship game and would be looking to seize this opportunity.

Tyrone themselves I'd imagine will be thinking along the same lines and as they're the more established team defeat may be more damaging to them long term.

We make inroads in midfield and mopping up the breaking balls and we'll beat them. It'll come down to whether or not we can bring the intensity at this early stage of the season to ensure this happens.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:31 pm

If i'm being honest I can't see us winning on Sunday. If we turn things around a bit in the middle we have a chance though. Tyrone will punish us badly if they get as much possession as Meath and Laois did.
Definitely good enough to beat them if we play up to our full potential but I havent seen enough in our league games to date to suggest that we are anything near our optimum at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 pm

We are well capable of getting a result up there but if we give them the level of possession we gave Meath then we have no chance.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Omagh will be a good test but Tyrone are not the team they once were. Kildare at their best are well able for them. A lot will depend on how we set our stall out on Sunday. If McGeeney experiments again, particularly around the middle of the field, then I'd expect Tyrone to shade it. If we go with our strongest available fifteen then we're more than capable of getting a result. I'm not too pushed either way as I don't think promotion is the massive priority that some are making it out to be.

Finding settled combinations for the summer is far more important at this stage. In many areas of the field, this league campaign has been a success. Shane Connolly looks an accomplished netminder and Foley's good form has compensated for Peter Kelly's absence. We need to settle on a midfield partner for Flynn and decide where is the best position to deploy Leper (half back or free role in the forwards). The rest of the forwards should pick themselves. Flats, Kelly, Kavanagh and JD look like guaranteed starters. The likes of Dowling, Smith, Cribbin, Paudie and Roli are all in competition for the other jerseys. Roli and Paudie might have the edge because of their ability to mix it around the middle of the field where we have struggled at times in the league. I'd say the management are happy enough with how we're shaping up but the next two weekends should tell a tale.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:14 pm

How Paudie wouldn't be listed amongst the guaranteed starters is amazing. One of Kildare's most consistent performers since the first of January.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:23 pm

I didn't list him among the guaranteed starters in the forwards because he could well line out at midfield alongside Flynn. If McGeeney selects someone like Lynch or Whyte at midfield then, by all means, Paudie starts in the half-forward line.
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Paudi is a def starter for champ but i think he'll be a forward.

i still think we need to find a partner for flynn in midfield.We've tried a few throughout the league and none look up to the standard.Moolick prob will be in a few years.paudi is just to small to fill dermots role.
If we can sort this in our last 2 games id be happy.The rest is coming along nicely.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 3:28 pm

How bout Chalky at midfield?

I think he'll go for Flynn and Paudie with Roli swapping with the latter for the kickouts (a bit like we did against Laois in Tullamore a few years ago when Roli would switch to wing-back for the kickouts to pick up Brendan Quigley).
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 4:12 pm

Hes an option but i wouldnt move him now when hes finally starting to settle into the team.
David whyte is a better option imo as he is good at winning primary possession,although his distribution can be suspect.

Would still like to see tomas o connor tried here too.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 5:45 pm

kickingking wrote:
I didn't list him among the guaranteed starters in the forwards because he could well line out at midfield alongside Flynn. If McGeeney selects someone like Lynch or Whyte at midfield then, by all means, Paudie starts in the half-forward line.

Apologies KK, should've read it properly. I'd agree, he'll be midfield, if not for the throw-in and kickouts (actually, a similar role to when he was centre-forward really!) No sure if Jimmers will start, but he might give him the nod now. I've a feeling he's being made to work though 'cos Geezer doesn't believe in holidays!!!

I'd say Dowling and Moolick will defo see action as the experience they'll gain from playing Tyrone will be invaluable, much more so than actually winning the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread
Page 27 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next