Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread

Go down 
+81
topcat
Oneill
Lilly07
daracill
niallos
abl
clonmullin
Frankel
johnsmyth
Misneach
lilywhite dancer
whitetop
Admin3
Derfil
lilly-exile
Ohtoohtobe
unlaoised
Yellow Pearl
GaaHead
kartman
MD
jim
Square Ball
tomoneillandhissisteranne
smokey
lastline
Flamingo
The Giant
snowman
midfieldmaestro
centreback
Always_White
KildareFan96
KILL BILL
Loads of Pints
tpos
tomcruise
shoutitout
TheBigFullForward
parcel
jj
analysis
howdoyoudo
White Bridge
steviegenius
FearBan
Kaiser Sóze
bob12
The Oracle
losthope
carburyman
Fear An Geata
overthebar
Big Full Back
faithfullily
ChopperDalton
hawker
learmus
bloodsub
SamMaguire
Sam1928
stanley
if_in_doubt
kickingking
Ogie
naked-lilly
flourman
Taibi
doubleagent
Chout34
Stonecold
peile
lilypremier
rgb
Son of Sarsfields
Lily8
Jimmy winning matches
Come on the Boys in Blue
Rex
walsheman
85 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 2:43 am

Sam1928 wrote:
Yeah thats it lads. I think the expectations on counties like ourselves may be too high plus its obvious how bloody hard it is to win any type of silverware.

Of course you should always aim to win trophies but should the likes of Kildare be judged as failures for not winning All-Irelands and to a greater extent Leinster championships?

2 Leinsters in 50 odd years means we are a county not used to winning so is the pressure and expectation on the team each year too high??

Just putting it out there.

I've been saying it for years. It's obviously the goal, and you expect McGeeney and Doyle and that to say the year's a failure if they've won nothing. But last year might have been the chance. The team might be better next year and only make a quarter-final. But when it comes down to it, if a Leinster title were won in Kildare it should be celebrated with a much greater joy and exuberance than an All-Ireland would in Kerry, Kilkenny or Cork. The expectations amongst supporters in Kildare is insane. And I have never understood it. But this is the best prepared, most talented group in some time, so they're in the mix and that's a massive success in itself in my view.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:10 am

It comes down to mentality and unfortunately the mentality of Kildare teams prior 91/92 was stinking. The u21 of 1965 should have gone onto win Leinster titles but from all counts their attitude wasn't right, We lost leinster finals in 69,71,72,75& 78. As Geezer said there is nothing in the water that makes meath or kerry better than Kildare, its mentality and attitude. There is no reason why Kildare should nt be competiting for titles every year and thats what Geexer expects.
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2011 3:46 am

Chopper I have top agree with you. It is mentallity jsut look at Tyrone won no All Irelanf till 2003 and then win 3 in 5 years.Then dare i say it the great Meath Team of the late 80's 90' and 00's they came from having won no Allireland since 1966 till 1988 a full genration yet in 13 years they won 3 Allirelands 2 or 3 Leagues 8 Leinsters and contested 8 All Ireland finals should have won 1991 V DOWN but ran out of steam after a marathon run the c/ship that year . from basically a hurling coach in Sean Boylan ( Great manager ). The supposed great Dubs have won only 7 All-Irelands since the 2nd world war theres no great theory here folks just if you have the right mentallity / focus and drive you will win something . I beleive that this Kildare team is as good as any team in the counrty . We have all the right Ingredients (Coach, training facilities, players structure) we wil win an all ireland soon maybe not this year but soon. It just takes a bit of luck too. Imagine if Robert Kelly scored that goal who knows ? The lads know what it takes to win and have a taste for it. Winning is a metantallity and when you get it you expect it all the time Geezer has installed this it will pay dividends soon.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:31 am

bob12 wrote:
Chopper I have top agree with you. It is mentallity jsut look at Tyrone won no All Irelanf till 2003 and then win 3 in 5 years.Then dare i say it the great Meath Team of the late 80's 90' and 00's they came from having won no Allireland since 1966 till 1988 a full genration yet in 13 years they won 3 Allirelands 2 or 3 Leagues 8 Leinsters and contested 8 All Ireland finals should have won 1991 V DOWN but ran out of steam after a marathon run the c/ship that year . from basically a hurling coach in Sean Boylan ( Great manager ). The supposed great Dubs have won only 7 All-Irelands since the 2nd world war theres no great theory here folks just if you have the right mentallity / focus and drive you will win something . I beleive that this Kildare team is as good as any team in the counrty . We have all the right Ingredients (Coach, training facilities, players structure) we wil win an all ireland soon maybe not this year but soon. It just takes a bit of luck too. Imagine if Robert Kelly scored that goal who knows ? The lads know what it takes to win and have a taste for it. Winning is a metantallity and when you get it you expect it all the time Geezer has installed this it will pay dividends soon.

to get the facts correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 am

vodafone2010 wrote:
bob12 wrote:

to get the facts correct

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Football_Championship

I was wrong about Meath 1967-87 and yes 4 AI's i was right about the dubs since 1945 - 7 AI's 58,63,74,76,77,83 and 95
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread   Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allianz NFL Div 2 Fixtures and Results 2011 - Official Thread
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36