Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

league 2011

Go down 
+6
Lilylady11
walsheman
lilylady
kelf
TheBigFullForward
centreback
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:52 pm

see the girls start the league this sunday against laois big game for them its probably one of the more winable games although they have 5 home games after this be great if they could keep there division 1 status.
does anyone know anything about the panel this year or what way they could be lining out sunday?
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm

The full panel is listed below:
Lily Ray (Sarsfields)
Janice O'Brien (Sarsfields)
Aoife Jacob (Na Fianna)
Trish Delahunt (Castlemitchell)
Ciara Hogan (Confey)
Paula Keatley (St. Laurences)
Derbhail Kelly (Moorefield)
Kate Leahy (Grangenolvin)
Kiri Lowry (Clane)
Angela Lyons (Eadestown)
Amber Masterson (Moorefield)
Aoine O' Donoghue (Balyna)
Jane O' Donoghue (Balyna)
Orla O'Shea (Confey)
Niamh Quinn (Confey)
Aisling Savage (Leixlip)
Denise Tierney (Eadestown)
Siobhan Tierney (Eadestown)
Donna Berry (Grangenolvin)
Stacey Cannon (Na Fianna)
Noelle Earley (Sarsfields)
Aisling Holton (Balyna)
Brianne Leahy (Grangenolvin)
Maria Moolick (Leixlip)
Catherine O'Malley (Carbury)
Joanna Timmins (Leixlip)
Gillian Behan (Prosperous)
Grace Clifford (Eadestown)
Siofra Daly (Confey)
Cliona Dowling (Eadestown)
Aine Gately (Confey)
Deirdre Gately (Confey)
Mary Hulgraine (Robert Emmetts)
Siobhan Hurley (Balyna)
Caoimhe Keoghan (Balyna)
Sinead Melia (Ballykelly)
Miriam Murphy (Balyna)
Tracey Noone (Ballinteer)

from http://www.hoganstand.com/kildare/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=140500

It will be a big boost to have Noelle Earley back. Plenty of new faces in there too
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:51 pm

stacey cannon gillian behan kate leahy and noelle will be huge players to have back
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:49 am

Godd one Donna.
Great debuts for Mary Hulgraine, Grace Clifford & Aoife Jacob
Back to top Go down
lilylady
Junior C
Junior C

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:22 pm

great win yesterday great to see noelle back playing to her best well done to maria moolick and joanna timmons they done as good a job on tracey lawlor as can be expected.

I was impressed with the way the backs were always there for each other they played like a real defensive unit maybe having kate leahy back there brought them together everytime a ball was knocked away one of the kildare defenders sweeped it up in an instant.

stacey noelle and dee gately were excellent all game stacey is a real danger woman at full forward.

anyone know what the penalty was for it looked to me that donna was the one that was fouled and then he let the laois girl take it from the lads penalty spot correct me if im wrong but that rule didn`t come into ladies footbal did it?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 2:45 am

Ref gave the peno when Lily pulled the ball away from Laois player who had pulledd it out off Donna's hands. Was a straightforward free to Donna but the call could be termed a Homer/Sympathy one. He gave it for the second, much lesser offence but hell who carers a win is a win is a win and as lilylady says, Kate, Noelle & Stacy being back was massive and what about Mary H playing her first competitive game for Kildare since she was 13 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best not say too much as opponents will be reading
Back to top Go down
lilylady
Junior C
Junior C

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:24 am

yea mary was good what age is she?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:39 am

Was on the 2001 Under 14 panel but I think she was 13 then, so 23.
Has plenty of competitive experience from basketball especially from College in USA
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:16 pm

playing cork this weekend wont be easy but its a big bonus to be playing at home, ive noticed over the last few years ladies teams that have to travell a far distance don`t seem to do well but havin said that cork are the standard that every team wants to reach and i still reguard them as the best team in the country so its going to be a tough one but its huge that the girls put in a performance that they can be happy with, a result is not the main take from this match but the performance is.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:21 am

wheres this game on??
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 4:42 am

Ballykelly 2pm
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 am

first time to see them this year they have improved alot since last year i know they were beaten today by a scoreline of 4-11 to 0-15 but that doesn`t reflect how this game went, it was a day where nothing really went right for the girls and in my view they were every bit as good as cork today just didn`t take there chances when they came in saying that 15 points is good shooting just there was about 5 good goal chances and we failed to take any of them. also thought the ref done his best to make sure cork would win but as i said before the result here doesn really matter the girls looked bitterly disappointed coming off the field but they have stand tall and realise they pushed a great cork team to the death and drive on for next week where another 2 points will be available.
hope stacey cannon was alright afterwards it looked like a shoulder injury did anyone hear how she is? she was a big loss when she went off.
briane was outstanding today def the best player on the field with corks full back also noelle played well and the 2 in the middle never stopped working, joanna caught some balls cork didnt know what to do with her. if they can keep playing to this level they will do well this year so heres hoping
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:19 am

Good summary

It is a shoulder injury for Stacy, dont know how serious while it was a chest infection that forced Tracy Noone off at half time. They were big losses.

The team attitude was very good as they fought back from set backs to draw level twice in the second half . Noelle not getting the free when Cork 4 got her in the ribs with the game level and Cork breaking away for a goal was tough. Again they fought back level again only to have Mary Hulgraine hauled back by the jersey as she was shooting from 10 yards ( a peno if he whistled) but again no call from the ref and Cork again broke for a goal.

Still a very encouraging display and roll on next Sunday v Galway which will again be 2pm in Ballykelly ( as per Kildare Ladies Facebook page)

They will be serious never having lost to Kildare !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 1:50 am

I had mixed feelings coming away from Ballykelly yesterday. First and foremost though, full credit to Ballykelly on their fab facilities. Really good setup down there, outside of Hawkfield and one or two of the senior clubs, this is the best grounds I have seen.
With regard to the match I thought this was more of an accurate measure of this current Kildare setup than what we saw against Laois last week. I was really astonished at how far back Laois have gone in a matter of months. Losing players like Aileen O'Loughlin, Lorraine Muckian, Gemma O'Connor etc is having a drastic effect on last years All-Ireland semi finalists. The minor players Laois have promoted are so raw its unbelieveable. Kildare dominated them in a way they have never dominated any team before and won easily. I didnt see this as a true refelction of Kildare as I know they have not improved that much.

Yesterday, I agree with some points here already about how Kildare had a chance of winning. I would go one further and say that this was the only oppertunity Kildare will have of beating this Cork side. The general play by Cork was shocking to say the least. Looping hand passes, stray kicks and lose marking is not what we expect from this group of players.
Noelle had a real good game on Breige Corkery who at times looked to be struggling for breath.

Im not going to start naming names but there were some seriously alarming things going on around the pitch for Kildare yesterday. Centreback you praise our midfield, were you watching the game?

Did you miss the constant overlap that Cork had EVERYTIME they attacked? Why wasn't this corrected?
It was caused by the same midfield refusing to track their players! At senior level this is ciminal and unacceptable.
Donna Berry was hauled ashore and replaced by a player who was totally and utterly our of her depth!
I don't know what to say about the goalkeeping department other than it is non existent.
Where was the width? Why were all the Kildare players bunched in the middle of the pitch like sheep?

Its fair enough an observer who might not be used to ladies football missing these things. But how does a senior intercounty management team miss them? They were rudimentary mistakes which cost Kildare the game!

I agree the referee was diplorable yesterday. Some of the decisions were beyond belief. I dont for one minute agree that he was aiding Cork, nor could too many who know the rules of ladies football. When you play against the best team ever to have played a particular sport you have to expect a certain standard accross all the attributes that make our game great, and Cork's professional approach and application makes them what they are. I was baffled how people around me were howling at the ref for the Cork penalty and subsequent Cork peno. Maybe Noelle got a bit of special treatment but did people miss Maria Moolick jumping on the Cork midfielders back? A certain and immediate yellow card offence - at least!
Kildare scored 15 points yesterday, if Im not mistaken I think 10 of them were from frees. This dosent point to one sided refereeing....

I didnt get over excited last week when Kildare destroyed the worst Laois ladies football team ever and I wont get excited now that they lost - and deservedly so - to the best team ever to play ladies football. Games against the likes Mayo, Galway and Monaghan will tell us more. At long last Kildare seem to have started picking some promising players for the future after ignoring them for years but without a proper sideline I would really fear for this Kildare outfit.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:27 am

Okay, I'd go somewhere between Kelf and LilyLady11 - it certainly wasn't a penalty on Mary Hulgraine that time Kelf, because it was outside the area... it was a free though. As LL says though, Kildare kicked 10points from frees - most of them were frees I though, a few could be deemed soft.

I thought Kildare were stronger in the tackle and more physical than I have ever seen them, but the defensive weaknesses remain that have been there for as long as I remember. Going forward, Kildare were a constant threat and Timmons won a lot of ball, Moolick good going forward. As LL says, there is a defensive side to the game though and it is a problem.

Cork were obviously short many players and are looking to find some new heads after going so long without changing anything. But they were still Cork, as LL, the best team that has ever played the sport - it wasn't the team on Sunday, but some of them were there and the mindset and professionalism remains.

In short, this was a very positive performance, much superior to last week - a repeat of this is more than enough to win a couple of games in Division 1 and stay up, and be competitive against many teams in the championship. That represents a big step forward on the past seven or eight years. The defensive holes mean that there'll be no silverware though.
Back to top Go down

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:05 am

Thats some first post Lilylady.

Great to see that the bitchiness that surrounds Kildare Ladies Football is still alive and well.

There are a lot of people, very many of whom use to frequent here take great satisfaction in putting down the Kildare Ladies football team and its management, its pretty sickening to tell you the truth.
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:47 am

fionnmccool wrote:

Great to see that the bitchiness that surrounds Kildare Ladies Football is still alive and well.

Glad you approve Finn. But where's the bitchiness in my post?
I made several observations and comparisons between 2 games that I have seen. As did quite a few others. I refrained from naming names or regressing to the usual post that this typre of forum attracts.
So whats your problem?

Did you attend either game?? Did I not praise a club mates performance or something??
Back to top Go down
lilylady
Junior C
Junior C

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 am

Looking at how the league has gone so far this year i would be hopefull that the girls can maintain there division 1 status which would be huge for this county.

Lilylady reminds me of another negative poster that was in here i can see her going down the same old path again in her vendetta against p kelly.
But lets not get dragged away from the real topic at hand i think we will win next week and should keep division 1 status which would be great
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 9:56 pm

I have no vendetta against P Kelly or anybody else and I want nothing more than the girls to maintain their division 1 status again.
I have merely pointed out the problems that most spectators and players were talking about during and after the game. If other people choose to ignore these issues well thats fine. I am well aware that not many people attend ladies football matches regularly and perhaps they just didnt notice some of these problems and thats ok too. But its not ok to assume a life long player and supporter of ladies football has a vendetta because she points them out.

Perhaps these can be addressed in time for the Galway game and if so I will be the first to applaude it. For the newcomers to our sport please be warned, Galway will be just as difficult as Cork, every bit as wiley and tough.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

on the penalty ogie from where i was standing it looked like the cork girl ran straight into the goalie she didnt try to go around her at all in my view that is called charging, the yellow card was extremly harsh. as i said before i think it was a day where nothing went right for us on another day that penalty might not have been given, on another day stacey wouldnt have got injured so early and on another day like the laois game we would have taken our goal chances, we had 5 really good goal chances and didnt take one and we all know how goals change games even after all this i can see them picking themselves up for next week and getting a result, the disappointment in the girls coming off the field shows how far they have come, 2years ago cork beat them by 30plus points and now they are disappointed not to beat them if they keep it up some day they will get there but the effort and team seems to be so much better this year and i hope they keep it up and reach that goal.
lilylady11 i was standing beside the cork line and they were panicking about how dominant our midfield was joanna was winning every ball they tried putting 2 girls on her for the kickouts that didnt work so they instructed there goalie to kick away from our number 9. in the later stages of the second half il agree they struggled a bit in the leg department maybe a change should have been made here but overall i think they are a good midfield pair and will only get better and fitter as the year goes on. and the experience of playing against juliet murphy and tracey lawlor will stand to them
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:13 pm

lilylady11 i wouldn`t know that much about galway but looking at how donegal destroyed them in the first round are they really that good?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Galway gone back miles, it's definitely a target... I'd agree Timmons was very good for a long while until she got tired.

Re penalties... I was talking about the incident that kelf referred to with Mary Hulgraine... it was outside the square but was a foul. The Cork pen, I thought it was a pen but take your point it might not have been given.

I did say, did I not? that Kildare were the better team on the day? But they conceded two terrible goals to very rare Cork attacks.

But this was the best I've seen from Kildare for a good few years and I think they will stay up and I think that would be massive. I'd fancy them to beat Galway. Won't make it Sunday so I look forward to the reports and will just have to apply my own salt!!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 am

Ogie

Yea I suppose your right about the salt, for my comments at least.

I would never be that impartial, a supporter always !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:09 am

Recent results would point to Galway going back a bit alright, but they won't be found wanting in the battle. And no this is not to say they are dirty. There is no doubt what-so-ever about the Cork penalty in Ballykelly. The goalkeeper was blessed not to get a red. So lets not have the poor mouthing about that.
And if you read back over my posts Fionn, you might be able to see some hidden vendetta against P Kelly, but thats fine. I reckon its the same blinkered vision that prevented you seeing what actually happened in the match on Sunday!

Yes this Kildare team is imporving, yes they are showing signs of learning and yes they did put it up to Cork at times on Sunday. But folks you have to be honest when you look at the Cork teams sheet and realise that Rena Buckley, Angela Walshe, Ciara O'Sullivan, Brid Stack, Norita Kelly, Brid Stack, Deirdre O'Reilly and Mary O'Connor were all missing. Thats 8 All-Stars missing from a team that still managed to win by 8 points.

Lets keep the feet firmly on the floor and hope that the problems can be ironed out before championship. If they can, theres a very serious prospect of winning a Leinster title.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 3:42 am

your very hard to talk to at all. i explained why i thought it wasn`t a penalty and you just state it was a penalty do ya care to explain what you seen?
you say lets keep the feet firmly on the floor and not get carried away with losing to cork by 8points but no one in here has got ahead of themselves its not like people are saying they will win an all ireland but yet you think they can win leinster and beat the all ireland champs now tell me whose keeping there feet firmly on the floor??
by the way how many brid stacks have cork got??

kelf any word on tracey and stacey for sunday?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

league 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

league 2011
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next