Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

league 2011

Go down 
+6
Lilylady11
walsheman
lilylady
kelf
TheBigFullForward
centreback
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

league 2011 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:07 pm

Don't know if anyone made that long journey - but that sounds like a good performance against Donegal judging on last year. And if LL11 is correct in saying that Donegal have improved on last year, the obvious assumption to make is that Kildare have improved more. Pity they didn't get the win. Beating Mayo is vital but it's also a game they are probably favourites for. Just put Holton on Staunton.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 5:07 am

threw it away again in the last ten minutes they were 8 points up and lost by 2, serious questions need to be asked why they are faultering in the last few minutes of every game. i dont think its fitness more to do with concentration for me and not bein cyncial enough at times.
some strange decessions being made too the full back line was ciara hogan savo and denise tierney what happened to delahunt and berry also i was going on about how strong our half back line was with briane kate and holton there but that seems to be thrown out the window aswell
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:50 am

They played brilliantly for 45 minutes. Easily the best they have played this year.

I was delighted I was there to see it.

Looked to be winning easy . With 3 minutes left & 5 up a great move put Moo in but on the left. Keeper got hands to her shot which then spun along the line and stayed out and from the clearance Donegal got their third goal. It was a killer. Brianne was missed in these last few minutes as she might have carried out from the back. She will be back for next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:44 pm

Whats the point in playing brilliantly for 45 minutes when a game is 60+?

CB you say serious questions need answering. Who do you feel needs to answer these? Should I suggest you have an agenda?? 2 players in the corner back positions who arent county material. Why has the team which you raved about in the Laois and Cork games changed so much??

I await ur reply with interest....
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:02 am

paul kelly needs to answer them why would you suggest i have an agenda?
do you think ciara hogan is not county material il agree with the other corner back but ciara hogan would make a good wing back and a very good addition to have on the squad
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Ive said a long time ago that the sideline do not have a clue what they are doing and I have seen nothing to change my mind. The individuals involved have been bluffing at club level for a long time now and have been found out.

I think Ciara Hogan is a decent footballer. She was a decent underage county footballer, but I dont think she has developed into somebody good enough to play senior county football. But Im not going to start down that road or we could end up naming a dozen or more players.

Bottom line is, if Cora Staunton decides to play football on Sunday against Kildare - then Kildare will be in a relegation playoff or worse come Sunday night. There is nobody on this panel capable of marking her.
Kildare might be lucky in the sense that Mayo are already relegated and might not be arsed with this one.

Will be nice to get the club scene up and running next week, even if Tuesday night fixtures are a joke. Theres nothing will beat the honest endeavour of club footballers!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 1:18 am

Lilylady11 wrote:
Ive said a long time ago that the sideline do not have a clue what they are doing and I have seen nothing to change my mind. The individuals involved have been bluffing at club level for a long time now and have been found out.

I think Ciara Hogan is a decent footballer. She was a decent underage county footballer, but I dont think she has developed into somebody good enough to play senior county football. But Im not going to start down that road or we could end up naming a dozen or more players.

Bottom line is, if Cora Staunton decides to play football on Sunday against Kildare - then Kildare will be in a relegation playoff or worse come Sunday night. There is nobody on this panel capable of marking her.
Kildare might be lucky in the sense that Mayo are already relegated and might not be arsed with this one.

Will be nice to get the club scene up and running next week, even if Tuesday night fixtures are a joke. Theres nothing will beat the honest endeavour of club footballers!

I reckon Ash Holton would give it a good stab
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:25 am

staunton was a great player still is good but not all shes made out to be i think womens football has come on an awfull lot over the last few years and she is not as dominant as she was a few years ago, last time i seen her she looked very selfish and couldn`t get the scores she used to get which was making her try harder and she ended up trying to beat all six backs every time.
i wouldn`t get too caught up on her id be more worried about our performance they really need to get back to level they started at this year great to have briane back she owes a big performance and il predict that she will be the difference not staunton
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 7:38 pm

Staunton as always that way CB - she's not the player she was but she's still the best player there ever was and Kildare's defensive frailties give her a chance. I would hope to God Trish Del is back as well as Brianne. If you stop Cora, you'll win because Mayo are definitely in transition, battling a county board that is even more inept than some of the groups Kildare had to deal with over the years... at least Kildare were never pulled out of the championship by their own ruling power!
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 3:09 am

Staunton is not all shes ade out to be? Are you for real? Have you ever seen her play let alone try to play against her?
Even on a bad day she scores 1-7 or 1-8. I would've given Holton a chance in mareking her a year or two ago, not anymore tho. Mayo have players of the calibre of Martha Carter, Ciara Hanahoe and the McHale girl. Jason Taniane is also a proven manager in ladies football - I think they will still have too much for this Kildare group.

With the important stuff starting in the county this week anybody care to hazard a guess why the majority of club footballers in Kildare have to suffer a badly organised league because of a very small minority of players on the county team?

Its not that long ago that clubs were invited to vote on how they would like the league and championship fixtures to be set out. Why wasn't this done this time around?

The senior panel is made up of players from something like 13 different clubs. 6 of these clubs are division 1 leaving the rest spread out between the smaller clubs. So why the hell do the majority of clubs - who the county team do not inflict any disruption on have to suffer?

Terrible organising and terrible planning. Again it proves that this county cares only for the so called 'stars' and shows little or no regard for the life blood of the game which incase the organisers forget are THE CLUB PLAYERS!
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:08 am

Correction Lilylady11 re the Senior League:

The Clubs were asked.

There was a Fixtures Only Meeting to decide.

I dont know what happened at that meeting but suspect Committee proposal was accepted without any alternative being proposed.
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 4:21 am

There was no vote on the fixtures or the playing dates for this years league.
We were told when the games would be played and that this was to facilitate county team training at weekend.
Why is this?? ONly a few years ago the county team were able to train midweek and leave weekends free for club foootball.

Why has it changed now without the go ahead from the clubs?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 5:21 am

getting off topic there lads. there is another thread for the club scene.
Back to top Go down
Lilylady11
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 3:05 am

This is a forum CB not the Dail. Dictators are ignored in here.....
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:15 am

Unfortunately for you this is not a democracy and CB is correct, stick to the topic or ship out.

Looking at your posts I'm sure I banned you before Lilylady when you where in the guise of Usualshite. It won't take much for me to do it again. This dictator won't give you another chance.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 am

So the team are Division 1 for next year and didn't need help from anyone, did it themselves.

Lily stopped one piledriver from Cora who was well played by Ais Holton. Kate had her best game for a while, 2 geat robs when a foul was the easy way!! Noelle great goal and won the peno which T Noone buried even tho she was only on the field. Had 4 other goal chances which would be taken most days. Denise Tierney was picked out by all I spoke to, as excellent at 4. Brianne at 10 covered eveytwhere.

Greay day in Ballykelly so Congrats to all involved.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:57 pm

Good Stuff Ladies, have enjoyed watching ye this season, it won't take much more to reach the top ye are very nearly there
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:41 am

well done to the ladies great to retain the division 1 status and very nearly in a semi final.

looking to the champ now and they have nothing to lose, kildare will be underdogs so give it a good shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: league 2011   league 2011 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

league 2011
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3