Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dublin 2011

Go down 
+9
Stonecold
Tadhgín
centreback
butterfingers
Come on the Boys in Blue
kickingking
Sam1928
tomcruise
lilly-exile
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lilly-exile
Intermediate
Intermediate

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:50 am

i know we have a huge game on sunday, but looking ahead to the next round and dublin..
sorry but writing off meath and laois Wink
who the hell are they? never knew so little about a dublin team, which quiet frightens me to be honest. apart from the brogans, no marquee names really
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 7:07 pm

lily_exile

Don't panic lily.You will know all about them next September.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:29 pm

If this game wasnt in Croke Park I'd fancy Laois to take them as its the Dubs first run out of the year but if they get over them I fear they will be hard to stop.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:24 am

Laois should have the edge at midfield but unless Brogan goes off injured Dublin should have too much for them. They have no one like Joe Higgins in their ranks who could do a man-marking job on Brogan.

Dublin are a functional rather than a spectacular team. They have one incredible forward who will fire them to victory over the vast majority of teams (as he did on his own against ourselves in the '09 Leinster Final). Most of the rest of their players are solid but they play to an effective system and they all know their job. They have enough to win Leinster titles and get to All-Ireland semi-finals but when they come up against a Kerry or a Cork they can't rely on just one forward. When Brogan went off against Cork in the League Final the arse fell out of them. The likes of Connolly have flattered to deceive in the past - great in the League and against the also-rans in Leinster but has never produced when it has mattered most.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:05 am

We shall see my friends we shall see Wink Wink come 5-30pm if you stay and watch the second match , these names will be embeded in your heartbroken memories Forever come september Laughing

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Philly McMahon 3. Rory O’Carroll 4. Mick Fitzsimons
5. James McCarthy 6. Ger Brennan 7. Kevin Nolan
8. Michael Darragh Macauley 9. Barry Cahill
10. Paul Flynn 11. Kevin McManamon 12. Bryan Cullen [capt]
13. Alan Brogan 14. Diarmuid Connolly 15. Bernard Brogan
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:45 am

kickingking wrote:
Laois should have the edge at midfield but unless Brogan goes off injured Dublin should have too much for them. They have no one like Joe Higgins in their ranks who could do a man-marking job on Brogan.

Dublin are a functional rather than a spectacular team. They have one incredible forward who will fire them to victory over the vast majority of teams (as he did on his own against ourselves in the '09 Leinster Final). Most of the rest of their players are solid but they play to an effective system and they all know their job. They have enough to win Leinster titles and get to All-Ireland semi-finals but when they come up against a Kerry or a Cork they can't rely on just one forward. When Brogan went off against Cork in the League Final the arse fell out of them. The likes of Connolly have flattered to deceive in the past - great in the League and against the also-rans in Leinster but has never produced when it has mattered most.

Thats all true kicking king but the exact same applys to kildare.... replace Brogan with Doyle... Connolly etc. with Smith and Kavanagh... take for example the run in 09', Smith and Kavanagh demolished the likes of Offaly, Laois and Wexford with JD gettin little attention and the media praising the boys for taking the work load off Johnny but when the pressure came on against Dublin and Tyrone who stood up to the mark and who were nowhere to be found?! - We cant rely on one forward either and although we have good lads along with Johnny I wonder if we still have enough quality forwards that the likes of Kerry and Cork have to compete for sam!! That being said I would love to be proved wrong Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:57 am

Of course it all applies to Kildare and probably moreso but the title of this thread is 'Dublin 2011' no??

I personally think Dublin will beat us in three weeks time (I expect both ourselves and Dublin to do enough on Sunday). If we had a fit Peter Kelly and a fit Dermot Earley I'd have fancied our chances. I don't think our squad is deep enough to absorb such losses. Dublin's squad does have more depth than our own.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 8:58 am

lilly_exile wrote:
i know we have a huge game on sunday, but looking ahead to the next round and dublin..
sorry but writing off meath and laois Wink
who the hell are they? never knew so little about a dublin team, which quiet frightens me to be honest. apart from the brogans, no marquee names really

other than 2 or 3 players you should know the majority of them
cluxton? you must know him
mcmahon played there last year good player]
o`carroll kilmacud played in the all ireland final this year well known
ger brennan sent off against us in leinster final 2years ago surely remember him
nolan played a good bit last year aswell
macauley think he was nominated for all star last year should have heard of him anyway
cahill been around a long time scored great goal against us 2 years ago
flynn been around for 2 or 3 years now work horse scores very little
cullen was centreback for years
the whole fullforward line need no introducing ya should know them

so ya should know more about them than the meath team we are playing on sunday
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:22 pm

vodafone2011 wrote:
We shall see my friends we shall see Wink Wink come 5-30pm if you stay and watch the second match , these names will be embeded in your heartbroken memories Forever come september Laughing

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
1. Stephen Cluxton

If Dublin win the All-Ireland this year I'll eat my monitor. Yis are a top 4 team but you wont beat Cork or Kerry.
Back to top Go down
Tadhgín
Junior A
Junior A

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
vodafone2011 wrote:

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
1. Stephen Cluxton

If Dublin win the All-Ireland this year I'll eat my monitor. Yis are a top 4 team but you wont beat Cork or Kerry.

I suspect you're right Sam but I would take great delight in providing the salt next September!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:14 pm

Laois to win by 4.......... (as much as I hate to say that)
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 11:58 pm

Stonecold wrote:
Laois to win by 4.......... (as much as I hate to say that)

Can't see it happening, but I'd rather be playing Laois than Dublin next
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:09 am

Would be shocked if Dublin didnt make the All Ireland semis at the least.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 am

Tadhgín Tréan wrote:
Sam1928 wrote:
vodafone2011 wrote:

DUBLIN (SFC v Laois)
1. Stephen Cluxton

I suspect you're right Sam but I would take great delight in providing the salt next September!

If they manage to avoid either of them in the run then I say they are next in line to win it but they would need a very lucky draw.
I'd tip Dublin if they could have beaten Cork in the league final but unfortunately the big game defeats are still there I feel.
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 6:11 am

id love to see the dubs play a champ game down the country see how they get on and how many fans they bring sure we'll never know!
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 10:13 am

did they not go back door route last year. played games outside of captial. no point in havin a stadium like croker and not openin it. in fairness to them they keep numbers goin to it. and dont say its because its there backyard. look at any train station sunday morning around the country and there will be dubs jerseys gettin train to it. we should support as heavily ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dublin 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: dublin 2011   dublin 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dublin 2011
Page 1 of 1