Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Injury Watch

Go down 
+49
steviegenius
TheYoungUmpire
kartman
naked-lilly
tomcruise
rgb
if_in_doubt
jim
overthebar
batman
Pure White
Admin
Lilly07
TheBigFullForward
rboy
carra2323
Could'nt Trap Cement
FearBan
nuxer
tomoneillandhissisteranne
abl
SamMaguire
carburyman
flourman
MD
Fear An Geata
Jimmy winning matches
standhimup
Come on the Boys in Blue
shoutitout
Stonecold
centreback
kickingking
Onhisboot
stanley
walsheman
Taibi
jj
Derfil
learmus
Lily8
GaaHead
Big Full Back
midfieldmaestro
peile
ChopperDalton
tpos
Ogie
Rex
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

Injury Watch - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:23 am

Last week i got it so wrong against Laois Kildare to win by 6 points sorry about that but this week I think Kildare will win by 8 or more points Meath are a very poor team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:43 am

Stevie Meath have good players. You don't become a bad team over night.
I think simply Banty is not the man for them. On their day they could click, Worf from Star Trek could kick wonder points.
Cian Ward and Bray could hit the back of the net. They are dangerous and when their back are to the wall in Navan is when they should be feared most.
If our lads are not complacent and they apply themselves we should win.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:24 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Stevie Meath have good players. You don't become a bad team over night.
I think simply Banty is not the man for them. On their day they could click, Worf from Star Trek could kick wonder points.
Cian Ward and Bray could hit the back of the net. They are dangerous and when their back are to the wall in Navan is when they should be feared most.
If our lads are not complacent and they apply themselves we should win.

You're right Fionn you don't become a bad team overnight....Meath have been bad for a while. So bad that Banty has to remind them what other Meath teams were noted for.

Cian Ward is a good free taker that's all he brings. He scored 4 goals against a non existent Louth backline. He was back to normal against a poor galway team when he scored just one point from a free.

When has Bray scored more than two points against us ?

Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:34 am

It would be a huge backward step for Kildare football if Meath beat us on Saturday.They are a second rate them so much so that I do not see much between them and Laois. I genuinely can only see one result in this game.Kildare are 8 to 15 with Paddy Power and that is buying money for me.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:42 am

disagree tomcruise,this is in Navan,if kildare backs can do what there doing all year,and our midfield holds its own and fast ball into forwards we we will win by 2 or 3 pts.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:49 am

carburyman

Fair enough. I sincerely think that we are much better than that.Time will tell. Our bench could play a key rols in this game.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 1:54 am

Peile dont know what Cian ward you know.This guy is a all round footballer.If he is back to his best he can beat any team with his speed and shot direction.
Meath have more than Bray and ward,what about the other 13 players........
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:01 am

carburyman wrote:
Peile dont know what Cian ward you know.This guy is a all round footballer.If he is back to his best he can beat any team with his speed and shot direction.
Meath have more than Bray and ward,what about the other 13 players........

Carburyman you can walk faster than Ward can run, unless it's after a chip van. And last time I was talking to you, you thought Bray was from wicklow Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:29 am

Well if someone can remind me the last time Cian Ward played well before the Louth game, please do? Cos I don't ever remember him doing anything apart from kick frees. His record of lasting the 70 minutes in championship would be less than 10% in the last few years I'd say.

I agree, I think Meath were bad before Banty and have been for a few years.

We're gonna get our wrists slapped though for discussing this here... it's the injury thread don't you know
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:42 am

Is it not knuckles wrapped instead of wrists slapped?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:46 am

must depend what house or school you were in!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:54 am

Jaysus lads stop tempting fate saying ward is no good. He'll probably chip in with 2-5 or something .....
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:00 am

All this talk of ward is irrelevant aint nothing getting passed the one man machine that is Mick Foley!!!
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:20 am

Agree JJ, often I'm in the middle of writing something here only to think "nope, this is tempting fate" and delete it. Same this week, I firmly believe we are much the better team yet have an uneasy feeling about this game and I'm a bit worried.

Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:03 am

We've proved it in the not too distant past we're better than Meath. We go out play our game we'll beat them handy enough.

I get a real sense from them at the moment that they're angry at being a distant 2nd best to us. Although they don't admit it they know it. We just have to prove it again. This is going to really hurt them Saturday night and I for one aint going to miss it.

I've my fingers crossed for Hugh.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:13 am

Cian Ward, for fuck sake lads get a grip, he's a decent forward if the ball lands in hs chest cos he's hard to push off the ball and has a good shot but at this level the ball doesnt land in your chest too often, you have to make run after run after dummy run and he just doesn't do that so he's not a threat. mac or hugh would eat him. Kildare by more than the last time.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:49 am

It's just been on the Kildare website that Lynch had a scan and they think he hasn't done the cruciate. that's great news. hope he makes a speedy recovery.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:30 am

Great news. We might have him back for the final so ....
Back to top Go down
daracill
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:53 am

jj wrote:
need to relax their lots of football to be played before the final
Back to top Go down
Could'nt Trap Cement
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:06 pm

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=151802

Awful news for him and kildare especially considering the form hes was in...
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:54 pm

It's tough luck on Hugh. I don't think it's awful news for Kildare. It's tough on Hugh because if we're still around when he recovers, chances are whoever is in midfield is going well and he won't get back in. Kildare have plenty of capable and at least one better alternative in my opinion. The thing about Daryl is he's no football played. But if he's physically fit, he's who I'd go for with O'Rourke in the middle
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 10:39 pm

daracill wrote:
jj wrote:
need to relax their lots of football to be played before the final
i think he is joking Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:01 am

It's time to have faith in our panel. Last year Lynch replaced Dermot and was outstanding. Peter Kelly came in from the juniors and won an all star. Bolton was brillaint when moved to
half back. JD has been amazing at midfield. i believe we will soon be saying similar about Dowling or Brophy or Fogarty or someone else. There is a great team ethic there and it will be tested tonight but we we stay in touch in the first half we should be ok.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 8:13 am

Great to see Daryl Flynn come in and play a stormer today in midfield. Super block in the first half as it would have been a definite goal..... Hopefully he can keep it going now.... Nice to see him back with a bang....
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Are we reporting a clean bill of health for saturday, JD looked on his last legs at the end of the meath game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Injury Watch   Injury Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Injury Watch
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next