Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Senior Setup

Go down 
+10
centreback
fatherted
nomorethefool
losthope
Dual
gerry123
kelf
Ogie
SeeTheStars
Breakingball
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

New Senior Setup - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:06 am

Looking at the last line of your post I can only ask, are you proposing we abandon the intercounty scene ??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 pm

Read it properly Ballboy, being a smart ass dosent help solve issues.

I suggest that ladies football county board start to put ladies football on top of their agenda. Plan and organise ladies football to suit lady footballers.
We are surrendering the weekend for fixtures because of camogie and the senior county team when the senior county team is made up of primarilty all division 1 players possibly a few division 2. There are 5 divisions in Kildare. Why can't the clubs not impeded by this county team carry on regardless?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 am

Not being a smart ass at all, your comment '' this chaotic bunch'' seem's to indicate a less than favourable view of the efforts of the majority of the girls wearing OUR county colours. Its a rather broad brush stroke when describing the actions of a few who decided to opt out. As long as I am watching football in Kildare and that's a long time, there has always been players for what ever reason who opt out, that applies to men's football as well, it doesn't suit everyone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I think 7 players in 3 weeks represents more than "a few". Put it this way, if 7 players walked away from your Ballykelly team, would you be as arrogant as to say "ah sure let them off"? I think not.

I dont know for sure, but I am lead to believe that the players are completely frustrated by the lack of know how by the chairman who appointed himself as manager. It has come to light since that the Peter Leahy, the co-manager who guided Westmeath to the Intermediate All-Ireand title last year was interested in the Kildare job but was in turn refused by then chairman Joe O'Donoghue.

Im curious aswell, did you miss the point I made about why club football is being consigned to Tuesday nights to accomodate camogie and the county senior teams. Why, when the panel is made up of almost all Division 1 players should other clubs be left sitting around to accomodate? Surely the aim should be to provide football for every lady footballer in the county? Or is Kildare now only accomodating players they deem to be elite?
Back to top Go down
SeeTheStars
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:41 am

Whitelass,I suggest that you request a copy of the ladies fixture calendar and sit down with it and try to figure out a better fixtures system. The clubs are the ones that ratify the fixtures, if they are wrong or they don't suit you do something about it.
The first county board meeting of the year, where the fixtures were agreed was over three and a half hours long, this was preceded by a fixtures and planning meeting in Naas GAA which also went on for the guts of three hours. When you say that club football was ''consigned'' to Tuesday nights ask yourself who consigned it-answer: the clubs.
The county board is made up of every club in the county, every club is obliged to send three delegates (they can be fined if they don't), including a current player. Nothing happens without the agreement of the majority of the clubs present including fixtures.
When you ask the question ''why can't the clubs without county players carry on regardless?'', the answer is because that is not what was decided by the clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:12 am

Seastars if ur telling me that all the clubs in Kildare agreed to play their matches on Tuesday nights, when a huge amount of players are in college, but they signed up to that regardless. Then fair enough.
But I can't think of too many people that I played with throughout the years that would agree.
And tell me. WHY would clubs who have no county players and no interest in the county team want to agree? When they can easily field full panels at the weekend without any distractions?

And don't kid yourself about the clubs making up the county board. The Executive have always decided and run the county board. You are sadly mistaken also if you think clubs can be fined for not attending county board meetings. The county board tried a similar tactic a few years back to get people to attend. Hey docked league points & fined clubs for non attendance and were hampered at Leinster council level for it. Clubs can be asked, encouraged and even bribed to attend meetings but they cannot be forced to attend
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:14 am

That is what the clubs signed up to, and Seethestars is correct all clubs are required to have one player as a delegate from their club so they too signed up to it, now its not the ideal scenario having games on Tuesday nights but anyone who attended those first two meeting where this was discussed and passed by the clubs will know that there is very little option.

As for the fines, this was passed at congress so it is now an official rule, you need to get youself up to speed with what's going and make INFORMED comments
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 9:48 am

The 2009 Rule Book Rule 160: County Committee (ie County Board) any fine clubs for failure to attend .

It was in the 2007 Rule Book and the one before that as well.

It was passed agan atthe recent Rules Congress mentioned by Ballyboy so will be in the 2012 Rule Book.

Clubs are entitled to 3 delegates at County Board, so 40 clubs X 3 =120
The Executive is 12 people but have only 11 votes as Childrens Officer does not have a vote, so there is a clear majority there for club delegates to use.

Around 60 attended the 2 County Board meeting this year ( the minutes I got shows 63 attended in January when the fixture dates were done, so it was clubs 52, officers 11 !!!!!!.

I would love to see all Senior League games on Sundays but between Feb & May National League games (footbball & camogie which effects about 10 clubs) Inter Pros, Colleges Finals take a lot of Sundays so as somebody already said list the Sundays when they can be played and you can be sure clubs be rush to accept. Not so long ago clubs had the choice of moving their games to Sunday, the Sunday before the listed Tuesday. How many did? Very few and it was only very few games.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 1:42 am

Well that was a brilliant result yesterday anyway; I'm sure someone will be one to say it wasn't but given the massive transition, it was fantastic. Think of all the Kildare teams that have failed to beat Laois or haven't gotten within an ass's roar of them in the last decade. It will do wonders for morale and confidence for those that are in there. The key is to engender that spirit and continue to teach what actually is required in terms of training and commitment and time, not just to play senior inter-county football, but to be competitive. Hopefully that will be the case next year, or the year after.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:23 am

Ogie

Have to agree, it was a bril performance. They gave Meath a lesson in the first half.

In the second when Meath had slope & wind advantage their physical advantage made the difference.

Emer was a loss (flu) while the other 3 minors ran out off steam a bit in the last quarter. Having daid that Erica, very often in a defensive role in the last 10, still worked like a demon to the final whistle.

Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 5:44 am

Off all of Kildare's games yesterday the ladies result was the one that jumped out at me. Considering all that has transpired over the last few months it should be the shot in the arm that the girls need and indicates that they may be starting to put it together. One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it does indicate more pleasant time's may be ahead
Back to top Go down
Lilliegirl
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 2:03 am

Im new to this but ive been watching the past few matchs and i can see a huge improvement in each game. The match against Meath was very good especially the first half and im impresssed with the minors who are stepping up to the plate in the matchs. It will take time but i see a bright future and with the minor team starting off with a good win on Saturday im not too worried.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 am

Ah, another one who see's the glass half full thank God, I'm fed up listening to negative people, the f==kers are everywhere at the moment
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 3:27 pm

they haven't materialised since that result mind you... couldn't come on and say something positive I suppose so just waiting for another opportunity
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:19 pm

I am assuming those jibes were aimed at me boys. Sorry I haven't had time to waste on here lately, just home from a lovely skiing holiday. I don't feel I have been over critical either, I would t expect Ogie or Ballboy to have played our game or had to suffer some of the stuff that's gone on in Kildare in the past. I can only hope things have improved.

Yes the draw against Meath was a good result for this setup. Kildare ladies teams have done well against Meath in recent years and its good to see that continue.

I still think its criminal to have players of the calibre of Brianne Leahy and Louise Keatly omitted from the panel, particularly when both are willing & able to play.

Expect nothing in Cork today. I would imagine the rebels will give some panelists a run, not too many though.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:26 am

They were always willing to play, but the question is were they willing to train ?? can only assume the weren't , tail can't wag the dog can it??

As for you comment about time being wasted, I would consider any time I give to football, ladies or gents, time well spent. I would also consider my occasional visit to this forum to leave my glass half full opinion, time well spent, would be criminal to give the nay sayers a free hand

As for today's match I would expect a Kildare team to take the field and give it their best shot, don't really care what Cork do
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 12:57 am

They are both willing to train and play. If you know anything about Brianne or Louise you would know how commitment has never been an issue.. Brianne is living & working in Belfasr during the week and was willing to train with a team in her locality & come home at weekends for matches etc. This was seen as a lack of commitment & she was omitted. All the while others are missing training on a regular basis. I'm all for making a stance & setting the bar. It must be equal & fair tho!

I'm not interested in your glass half full or any other such pub talk. But don't assume that because you choose to ignore what's going on, that everything is positive. Could any Kikdare team ever afford to ignore a double all star?

And you should take time out from your half full glass to study some other counties & their setups, you will learn something. Cork have reinvented ladies football. Their kick passing & work rate is phenomenal. A joy to behold.

Like I said, our results against Meath have been good in recent years & I was glad to hear that didn't slip this year. How is that 'nay saying'?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:03 am

You sound like someone with a big axe to grind and God forbid anyone who disagrees with you. You are quite entitled to your opinion, but so am I whether you like it or not. You come on here giving out about all that has gone before in Kildare ladies football and I agree with a lot of what you pointed out, but then you question the new direction and why the need to change some personal, its not very clear what your position is, do you want actual change OR the same failed approach with a different management team ??

Regarding the players you mention if their position is as you state, then I would consider that they opted out. Just because they are considered the best players doesn't mean management have to make allowances, their is a new standard trying to be set, all senior players should be leading the new players by example, if they choose not to then thanks for the memories and the best of luck to you.

You seem to have a great knowledge of Cork football and the way things should be done, Kildare county board are always looking for coaches for their under 14.16 and minor teams, why don't you volunteer you services you may be the messiah they are looking for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 5:23 am

Obviously you don't listen. The 2 girls have been excluded from the panel by the manager. I have also said that I am all for change as long as its fair and just. Allowing certain players to choose when they train and excluding others is not fair.

As for your offer to take up roles with the cb. I am currently involved with coaching and managing my own club team and would not give that up to try force my way into a clique. Pandering to the cb and their ways seems to suit certain clubs, but it's not for everybody.

In relation to Cork. I do use a lot of references to them when we are coaching. What better way to teach young players than by showing them the very best. There's nothing worse than a badly coached team, is there Ballboy?

Again, I was not nay saying about the Meath game. I was delighted they managed to maintain the recent years successful results against them.

Perhaps that glass of yours needs to be left alone, it papers to inhibit your ability to read
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:47 am

Obviously you don't listen, the attitude off not being able to commit to training but being able to play has always been the problem, if that is what this management team is trying to change then they have my support

As for a role at county level I'm not in a position to offer you anything other than my opinion, if you don't agree and choose not to get involved, well that its your choice. Pity you can't state your case without having a swipe, you obviously don't have a whole lot of time for CB yet you say you are coaching a team I assume to play in competitions they organize, ironic

As for the bad coaching, if you trawl back though previous threads on this forum you will find the same old worn out mantra about all the bad coaches over the last 10/12 years and there is always somebody like yourself flying a flag for some player/players who were hard done by

I would suggest you start sipping from the glass, it may help to broaden your view, but I sincerely doubt it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Your argument regarding my thoughts or feelings on the CB are skewed to say the least, if not flawed. As an adult, I am entitled to choose where I spend my free time. I do not agree with the politics or antics of the CB so I will not be associated with them. For you to imply that my clubs entrance in the Kildarr leagues or championship is some sort of compliance or even tinged with irony is silly to say the least. I enjoy coaching. Having played ladies football for a larg part of my life I was lucky to be trained by some very good coaches over the years. I enjoy trying to pass that on to young players and try to improve my club team.
As for trawling back through forums, I'll leave that to the likes of yourself. Full time employment and family commitments would not give me the time to waste doing such trawling.

You seem to have missed my point regarding this self appointed coach. The 2 girls in question are not refusing to train, to the contrary in fact. They, like many other players around the country, find themselves living away from home during the week. Like many other lady footballers, they train with clubs who are situated in their locality & come home to Kildare at weekends. Surely you are not implying that girls should be penalised for working? It is common practice for county players in similar situations to train with the county in which they are living. Indeed Kildare have afforded this hospitality to a few over the years.

As for broadening my view, thank you for the insinuation if this requirement but I am quite happy with the way I operate. My club team has achieved and improved over the last few years as a result of a lot of hard work. Built on the cornerstone I hard work, good attitude and a healthy respect for a sport I love. We had the good fortune to be hosted by your own club in the last few years. I think it's fair to say our views were well broadened, almost as broad as our winning margin.

But I thank you for your musings and will leave you to your trawlings. Some of us have work to do, enjoy....
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Whitelass: Your committed hard work in your club is laudable.

Some views you express confuse me.

You obviously have a problem with CB.

Now since your club has at the very least 3 people on that body how do you get on with them?

Do you make those 3 (or more ) aware of your attitude to them ? Or to what you describe as "their anticts" ?

If you do not why not ?

If you do you are engaging in politics !!!!!! If you dont you are just opting out !!!!!

That's one of the difficulties of life (or it is when you use the word describing involvement in running our lives, politice, in a derogatory tone) !!!!

I dont know the full story regarding the composition of the County Senior Panel so I will refrain from commenting.

Now would I like to see Trish Deleahunt, Catherine O'Malley, Stacy Cannon, Aine Gately, Louise and Brianne (and a few others) available for selection. Of course I do and I do hope that a way is found to get them all back.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 am

My views are well known in the club and are shared by many. We are not in a position to spare 3 people to do the county boards job. We do have 1 person who is a constant helper and another who will be a co-ordinator for competitions.

On a positive note, its great to see some pride being restored i nthe Kildare ladies jersey by the minor team. They are improving as the weeks go by and seem to have a lovely mix of players. The coaches are doing a fine job with them. Would I be correct in saying that the managers father was a former senior manager? And a fine coach also.

With so many minor players on the senior panel, why can't this chap be part of the senior management? Or would that be too sensible??

With regard to the names you mentioned Kelf. Trish Deleahunt has only been on the panel for a year or two. Catherine O'Malley, Stacy Cannon and Aine Gately have been putting themselves on and off county panels for as long as they have been kicking ball. Brianne on the other hand has been working her ass off for the Kildare cause for many many years. Through thick and thin she stuck at it. Indeed I recall you saying how she travelled home from Scotland one year to play matches at the weekends.
Can Ballboy or some other genius please explain how that cannot be considered 1000% commitment?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:48 am

Whitelass

You again avoid the fundemental point: Every club has 3 members of county board (normally referred to as Delegates) and every time tou criticise you are pointing the finger at at least 3 of your club-mates..

To clarify: The young man who is doing a great job with the County Minors is a son of June (Former County Board Chairperson) and the late Kieran (in whose memory the Cup for the County Senior Championship is named).

Kieran was a very suscessfull coack , first in Confey Club and later in at least 2 spells (1999 & 2002/03) with the County team.

Also Re Briane: She was in Aberdeen for 4 years and in that time she missed one competitive game !!!! (and the odd challenge game but they are not woth considering in this context).
She missed that one NL game because the University Championship Finals in GB clashed with it and as Captain of the Robert Gordon team she played that and so missed the one Kildare game but came home for all the others. So yes her committment to Kildare over 15 years has been immense (as has been that of her family, Kate included).

My point re players I mentioned is that I would be delighted if they all were available and playing for Kildare whether they did not join up at the start or left since.

I will not have a go at any of them and will continue to use this medium and were I to meet any of them and the opportunity arose to encourage them to play for Kildare.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:48 am

Whitelass, I'm glad you consider me a genius, your words not mine, I don't, I'm just someone who has a different opinion than you so we will have to agree differ. I like Kelf am well aware why some of these players are not playing, one or two of them have not appeared for their clubs yet but that' s their choice. It would be great if all the top rated players were playing with their respective county team's, but I have never seen that happen in either ladies or men's football.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Senior Setup   New Senior Setup - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Senior Setup
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next