Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?

Go down 
+15
lilywhites on tour
bag of white
rgb
kickingking
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
Athyman
BelieveToAchieve
kelf
steviegenius
Rex
walsheman
Loads of Pints
footballguru
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 am

Not really no, if you've no interest in posting in the thread then don't bother.

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:30 am

suppose thats fair enough,only a few of us have given there opinions anyway!!now its gone into a dublin thread!!
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 am

Fecking hell lads there's been some amount of rubbish posted on here recently but this one has brought things to a new level.

Accents. Seriously?

Look at the geography of the county, do people expect lads from Castledermot and Johnstownbridge to have the same accents despite the 60 odd kilometers between the two towns?

Confey is on the border with Meath, Leixlip is on the border with Dublin. Two minutes from Lucan. Do people believe accents should change dramatically from a Dublin one to a Kildare one over the space of a few hundred meters? I doubt the Confey players were saying after the Athy match that their only problem with the opposition was the amount of Laois accents on the field.

They'll stay senior, maybe not by much but they will. Gately will be a big loss but they'll have a few more players training with the juniors which should help bring them on a bit.

Accents mean feck all when it comes to sport.

Just ask Steve McClaren...

Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 am

And Steve Staunton....
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:55 am

rgb wrote:
This definitely should get a prize for "Pointless Thread of the Year"....

Here Here!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
rgb wrote:
This definitely should get a prize for "Pointless Thread of the Year"....

Here Here!!!!!!
Hear Hear even...
Back to top Go down
le hit in
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:56 pm

What's the craic with Gately? Is he not playing for them this year?
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 pm

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Does anybody outside the 2 Dub clubs care? Sleep

So on the Seanie Johnston thread you were giving out about lads not accepting a Cavan man as a Kildare player and on this thread you are calling proud Kildare men Dubs!

And you were accusing others of hypocrisy??
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 pm

bag of white wrote:
BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Does anybody outside the 2 Dub clubs care? Sleep

So on the Seanie Johnston thread you were giving out about lads not accepting a Cavan man as a Kildare player and on this thread you are calling proud Kildare men Dubs!

And you were accusing others of hypocrisy??

BTA - box....back in....you lol!
Back to top Go down
footballguru
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 pm

in regards to my thread, i was just inquiring what everyone's thoughts were in Confey football. i was interested in peoples expectations of the club which is very young and has progressed dramatically over the last number of years. threads are about expressing opinions across, after all this is "kildare fans forum" not "DUBLIN FANS FORUM" in regards to caliing leixlip and Confey "DUBS" i find that very offensive as it is evident that we take pride in kildare football. on a positive note i am appreciating all the positive opinions that people are expressing.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Take offence if you like, I couldnt give a shit. I was having a laugh.

But sure why dosent every club start a thread on how they think their own will do this year.

And if you would like to relate the Seanie Johnson thread to one involving Leixlip clubs it will get very interesting!

Back to top Go down
footballguru
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:59 pm

would you not take offense? i dont see a rule stating what people can thread.. . . i will continue expressing my thoughts . . . how can you "believe to achieve" with a negative attitude like that. . .
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:09 pm

Hyper sensitive or what.

Ive been in Croker where Dubs have thrown piss on us Kildare fans. I take offense to that - if I offended you in any way shape or form I sincerely apologise. I do suggest you refrain from stepping out into the real world though. Theres some seriously offensive stuff out there!!

Dont come in here at any point during the year when Kildare play any of our rivals. You'll be terrified altogether then. References to squirrell eaters, biffos and the like will have you blubbering like a baby....

Back to top Go down
footballguru
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 pm

Appreciate your apology, i wouldnt be a true lilly if i didn't take offense. in regards to the Dublin fans, alot of them are a disgrace to their county who drag the name down. I have nothing but pride for kildare football, All ireland Champions 2012 Smile
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:50 am

footballguru wrote:
Appreciate your apology, i wouldnt be a true lilly if i didn't take offense. in regards to the Dublin fans, alot of them are a disgrace to their county who drag the name down. I have nothing but pride for kildare football, All ireland Champions 2012 Smile

lol! ...so true especially around here!!
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:34 am

footballguru wrote:
here here!! I second that. Cill Dara Abú!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:

God sake LOT.... Did you not see that it's Hear Hear.... Courteous of Taibi and his English lesson's above......
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:41 am

Big Full Back wrote:
lilywhites on tour wrote:

God sake LOT.... Did you not see that it's Hear Hear.... Courteous of Taibi and his English lesson's above......

I do apoligise for my inappropriate use of the english language Considering i sat my english mocks today haha
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:45 am

*Apologise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?   How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How will Confey cope with senior status in 2012?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2