Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship 15

Go down 
+40
walsheman
Frankel
flourman
Dr No
Onhisboot
MD
Ogie
GaaHead
lilysavage
naked-lilly
steviegenius
centreback
gomearza
Charlie41
Lily8
Highball
gael
Botch
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
KFSAM
shoutitout
lilywhite dancer
kildaregaa365
stanley
lastline
Fear An Geata
losthope
Bān go Lēir
Athyman
parcel
kickingking
nuxer
murof
TommyKeegan
Could'nt Trap Cement
rboy
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
BelieveToAchieve
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Championship 15 - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:48 am

fat full forward wrote:
i dont get this about conways discipline, it is not an issue at all in my opinion, our discipline in the tackle and conceding 10 points from frees would be a lot bigger issue in my opinion as whether we agree with the referees or not we do give away too many frees in a lot of matches.
but on sunday 4 of the last 6 points the got were never frees,at one stage maguire jumped into kelly and foley and got a free in!!i no we had a healthy lead but refs sudnt make calls on the scoreline
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:10 am

MBP

But they do that all they time and always have.

Same when a team have a player sent, ref will them give them easy ones while the team with the extra man will get nothing !!!!
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:48 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
Careful Botch, the Nurney freedom fighter will have you for pointing out facts like that pfffffttttt

Championship 15 - Page 5 3fb31c46f189d214eb82b13848e0ef
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:41 pm

I don't think it will matter in the long run. Perhaps a bit more cuteness on our lads behalf would prevent them conceding silly frees. All other aspects of our game has improved ten fold, I expect the defence will have tightened up by te time championship comes around and when our best 15 are in the starting lineup.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm sure they will sort a lot of this out on there training camp in Portugal next month lucky feckers.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 10:53 pm

hurley and conor brophy wont be on the championship 15 anyway.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:07 pm

fat full forward wrote:
hurley and conor brophy wont be on the championship 15 anyway.

Gone from the panel? By choice or pushed?
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:10 pm

gone from panel, got the chop as far as i know. at the start of the year i thought they were outstanding prospects and would have expected them to be very near the starting 15 if not on it.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 pm

fat full forward wrote:
gone from panel, got the chop as far as i know. at the start of the year i thought they were outstanding prospects and would have expected them to be very near the starting 15 if not on it.

Seriously?? Id be very interested to see what that would be based on and what players you expected to lose out? These 2 guys have not made any huge advances in the last 12 months or so and would'nt have been my choices to force their way in....
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:23 pm

based on their sigerson performances for one and from seeing them in action at club level etc, I would have expected brophy to be a serious contender for midfield alongside flynn if hughie lynch and earley were not to make it back for championship.
also i would consider and still do hurley a better option to be brought on than sweeney around midfield/half forward line.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Ah the Sigerson - right. I suppose thats your own opinion.

Based on what we have seen over the last few years and indeed more recently, I always believed JD was the backup for midfield with Roly and Paidi O'Neill as other options. Dermot appears to be going well in his rehab and if he gets right for championship, he could and should feature alongside Flynn.

As for Hurley, I though a couple of years back that he was a serious prospect but hasnt progressed enough for me. I certainly wouldnt have him in ahead of guys who have performed for Kildare over a 10 year spell.

The guys I would have hoped and expected to force their way into matters this year were Moolick and Dowling and maybe a couple of these bug reputations from Athy - Reynolds, Mulhall, Feeley etc. Dosent look like that is going to happen though. Hanafin and Murnaghan appear to be moving into Geezers plans recently, so we wont be suffering too much at these guys being chopped.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:39 pm

i agree about hanafin and hopefully he gets a chance, he is a serious forward in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:40 pm

i agree about hanafin and hopefully he gets a chance, he is a serious forward in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:41 pm

I had the same hopes for his clubmate - Gavin Smullen. He was on the U/21 team with Chalky and those a few years ago. I know he got a bad knee injury a while ago. Anybody know how he's doing since that?
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:44 pm

had a run with the juniors, didnt impress Mcgeeney with his attitude apparently, went to Oz.
had the talent to play for kildare without doubt though.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:13 am

lads Brophy seems to be getting a raw deal to be fair. has he ever got a full decent chance?
his involvement with NUIM, although he puts in superb performances, has certainly worked against him.
as for Hurley as I stated in another thread I'd happily let him and a few more U21's get back with their club and then win a place back on the panel.
hanafin is a very tidy player, although am i being harsh in saying thathe can lack pace? i honestly haven't seen him in a good while so he could be flying.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:22 am

Folks

There is no point in making a case for some of the players mentioned as they have absolutely no hope of making Trappatoni's ( sorry Geezers ) plan in 2012.

If there is new management in 2013 and I strongly feel that there will , the panel will open up a lot more.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:40 am

Slag Geezer or Trapatoni all you like Tomcruise. Regardless what you think of either man or his methods, both of them have transformed the teams and panels that they inherited.
Maybe they arent picking your favourite club players, but who cares. It was gobshites picking favourites in the past that had both Ireland and Kildare in the sickening mess they were in.

New management in 2013? I wouldn't bank on that, theres still 2 years to run on the current agreement - thankfully
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 1:45 am

Have to pull you up there Tom because there is an implication that McGeeney doesn't give players a chance and yet Keith Cribbin was thrown in for the first round of the Leinster championship in 2008 despite not being on the U21 panel that reached the All-Ireland.

Last year, Fionn Dowling, Sean Hurley, Conor Brophy played championship last year.

Tommy Moolick has been on the panel the past two years almost.

I would more likely venture that whatever they have been doing during the week hasn't impressed enough. And we have seen many of those players perform poorly for Kildare at U21 quite recently. That doesn't mean they're not good enough, but if you want to break into a set-up, you have to produce the goods. It's not like there's anyone doing a James McClean out there, or even a Wes Hoolahan or James McCarthy. I had hopes for Conor Brophy but I wouldn't write him off yet. He's better off getting games with the club than getting no games. Remember, he can't play for the juniors.

I agree, with new management, they will probably get the nod with a lot of other guys, as with new management, there will be a number of established players who will retire and there will be quite a few places to fill, while the young lads will be a year older and someone like Feely may be available if he doesn't achieve his dream of getting a cross-channel offer in the next two years.

Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:09 am

brophy and hurley have got a few minutes here and there not a proper chance at all. there form for nuim was outstanding this year against very good players, them been dropped could have something to do with the demands mcgeeney was putting on players that were playing sigerson this year.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:18 am

I personally dont have any regard for the Sigerson cup.
These guys involvement with their colleges coincided with some painful training seissions for Kildare. If there was extra pressure put on them to get up to speed o nthe work the county were doing, then so be it. The sooner there are sanctions and strict guidelines imposed on college football the better.

As for the 2 lads. If they're not getting football with the county, are they not better off training and playing with their clubs? Hurley is still eligible to play with the juniors - if he's good enough there, Im sure he'll come back into the reckoning. Brophy and Athy have a big year aherad of them. Lets see how they respond....
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:19 am

brophy and athy?
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
As for the 2 lads. If they're not getting football with the county, are they not better off training and playing with their clubs? Hurley is still eligible to play with the juniors - if he's good enough there, Im sure he'll come back into the reckoning. Brophy and Athy have a big year aherad of them. Lets see how they respond....

Hurley is not eligible for the juniors because of the 15 minutes of senior championship he played last year against Dublin.

Brophy is from Celbridge.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:12 am

Is he really prevented from playing because of that cameo?

Sorry about the confusion there. Im mistaken him for the Athy player. Sometimes these things can work for the player. Released to his club he could and should find a new lease of life, with all that training behind him he should be a huge benefit to Celbridge....
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 3:27 am

Tomcruise that's a bit harsh on McGeeney he will be around next year sure if we win our last two league games we are in the top division and reading some posts on here that's what people want surly we can't get rid of him then.

I think the panel has to be cut and maybe Hurley & Brophy have let there standards slip a bit and there's lads who are standing out more than them who knows, Maybe going back to there clubs will do them the world of good. I remember only two years ago Eoghan o Flatherty played with his club up to May/June went on the panel and had a great year after so all is not lost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship 15
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next