Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship 15

Go down 
+40
walsheman
Frankel
flourman
Dr No
Onhisboot
MD
Ogie
GaaHead
lilysavage
naked-lilly
steviegenius
centreback
gomearza
Charlie41
Lily8
Highball
gael
Botch
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
KFSAM
shoutitout
lilywhite dancer
kildaregaa365
stanley
lastline
Fear An Geata
losthope
Bān go Lēir
Athyman
parcel
kickingking
nuxer
murof
TommyKeegan
Could'nt Trap Cement
rboy
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
BelieveToAchieve
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
parcel
Senior
Senior

Championship 15 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:08 am

For me it seems like a personal mission to slate Mikey Conway any chance you get.....I'm gettin sick of seein one of our Players constantly run down like this. Why don't you tell us your real name believe to achieve ?? And we'll all judge your every performance you ever allegedly made for kildare...

Mikey is mixin the good with the bad at the moment... Gaurennteed he will come good in the summer..
And I can't wait just to sicken the mouthers
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:19 am

Jimmy - I don't give a shit what you think. Read all the posts here today, a lot are commenting on his performance. All personal? I don't think so sweetheart, just calling it as it is!
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 am

Yeah I agree Mickey hasn't been at his best... I don't feel the urge to log in and run the lad down after every performance..he hasn't been as bad as your making out...hes doing some really good things with the ball during games too..He was picked by Sean Boylan for Leinster after all...

come on buddy... Tell us all who you are and we'll analyze everything you ever did ??
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am

Sure BelieveToAchieve knows it all, Sean Boylan only won a few poxy All-Irelands.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Conway is goibg through a period that many long term injured go througg
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:01 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Conway is goibg through a period that many long term injured go througg

I'd agree with this. It's fairly common. He'll be a huge addition for us against a tight defense like Dublin's or Donegal's.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm

The Star's Cian Murphy included Mikey Conway in his list of early contenders for Footballer of the Year.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 9:24 pm

BtoA this Conway witch-hunt is so annoying that it makes me wish you would do your cruciate.
Back to top Go down
KFSAM
Senior
Senior
KFSAM

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
BtoA this Conway witch-hunt is so annoying that it makes me wish you would do your cruciate.

Harsh. We may be better served with a few broken fingers. Very Happy Only jesting BTA. Don't get too offended.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 pm

People only take offence when it suits them, it suits me not to take offence here - thanks Sam.
O2B you have written a lot of shite in the past that people dont agree with. It has never stopped you!

I am not saying anymore about Conway, the jury is out on him and let him prove people right or wrong.

The bigger picture now is to tighten up a few areas of the team and reduce the scores against. I wouldnt read too much into lads playing our of position yesterday. I would like to see Foley tried at 6 tho.

I do believe that any signs of letargy that were visable yesterday were from the exertions of the M***h game the week before. A win is a win and its another step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 pm

jaysus lads yer all being very harsh on bta here, he has an opinion and hes entitled to it just because your a fan of conway doesn`t mean another poster can`t criticise his performances i agree with him at the moment conway is not playing good enough and he wouldn`t be in my starting 15 but as i say thats just at the moment unlike bta i do believe he has the potential but he really has to up the work rate.
after yesterdays game i can see smithy and kavanagh only getting better and better when the ground gets harder the six forwards for me at the mo are leper flats doyle kavanagh o`connor and smith, and i`m sure dowling and fogarty will be getting another chance or 2 before league is over so plenty of competition still there
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 2:43 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Just watching iTalkSport, interesting chat about sacrifice of athletes and just a point in relation to a comment on this page and a comment that crops up all over the place regularly in relation to players. While admiring their dedication, must say I have to agree with Paul Kimmage and Malcolm O'Kelly. It's not sacrifice, rather it's an investment and it's also a choice. There is no gun to the head and they are doing it not for the fun of it, they are doing it in the hope there is a serious payback in terms of an All Ireland which sets you up for life. Anyway, just a sidenote on this conversation, in which I think certain abuse directed at Conway after coming back from two massive injuries is cruel, needless and simply wrong.

Brian Cody said the same thing there last month when talking about manager's payments. He said there was no sacrifice for players or management. It was a choice. Nobody had a gun to anybody's head. If they didn't want to do it, they didn't have to.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:06 am

Back on topic. Based on current form and hopefully a fully fit squad:

Connolly

Peter Kelly Michael Foley Hugh Mcgrillen

Emmet Bolton Morgan O Flaherty Mikey Conway/Ollie Lyons

Daryl Flynn Dermot Earley/Hugh Lynch(If fit)

Eamon Callaghan Eoghan O Flaherty John Doyle

James Kavanagh Tomas O Connor Alan Smith

Close ones: Robert Kelly, Gary White, Mac, Paudie

Quite a strong side in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:40 am

MD you have named the 21 players who will be there or thereabouts. So the 6 you think wont be starting are:

Rob Kelly
Chalky
Mac
Paudie
Hugh Lynch
Ollie Lyons

I agree that these 21 (add in Fionn Dowling if fit) are the ones who will make up our championship side and subs. The 6 i feel will be left out are:

Rob Kelly
Chalky
MAc
Smith
Dermot
Lyons

I think Dermot will be used sparingly over the season as i believe a full 70 would be beyond him. Kelly Chalky and Mac will most likely miss out. For me, its very close between Lyons and Conway at the moment, with Mikey given the nod due to free taking and versatility. Smithy may just miss out as Geezer likes the role Paudie plays in the side. So for me, itll be something along the lines of

Connolly

Peter Kelly Michael Foley Hugh Mcgrillen

Emmet Bolton Morgan O Flaherty Eoghan Flats

Daryl Flynn Hugh Lynch
Eamon Callaghan Mikey Conway Paudie

James Kavanagh Tomas O Connor John Doyle

JD will be in midfield with Flynn if Lynch isnt fit. Id expect Smith to come in in his place if this is the case
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:26 am

Shane Connolly
Hugh McGrillen Mick Foley Peter Kelly
Ollie Lyons Morgan OFlaherty Emmet Bolton
Daryl Flynn Paudie ONeill
Eamon Callaghan Mikey Conway
Eoghan OFlaherty Johnny Doyle
Tomas OConnor James Kavanagh

would like to see Fionn Dowling get some game time as well when fit, and obviously Dermot & Hughie Lynch would greatly increase our cances when fully recovered, Roli has been in good form as well and should make a contribution along with smithy
Back to top Go down
Dr No
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:49 am

Is rob kelly injured? as he hasn't been involved in the last two league matches?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 am

Can't see Eoghan Flats at wing back. If Hughie Lynch is back I'd expect team to be:

Connolly
Kelly. Foley. Lyons
McGrillen. M Flats. Bolton
Flynn. Lynch
O'Neill. Conway. Doyle
Leper. O'Connor. E Flats

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:57 am

For me, Hughie is unlikely to start ahead of Dermot, seeing as Dermot is ahead of him in recovery at this moment in time and with Dermot being a better player, I'd imagine he's likelier to start. In the event that neither are likely to start, the status quo will remain with Paudie/Johnny in that engine room with Daryl.

I too am curious about Rob... feel he would be an addition to the forward or the midfield division
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:08 am

Kelly was injured. Not sure whether he's still injured or is just being told to tip away outside the squad until he's fully recovered.

Finding a settled midfield has to be a priority before the Leinster Championship throws in but JD has to be kept in the forwards. He has been superb at wing forward in the last two matches.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 4:39 am

yeah, that's what I was saying. Wing-forward IS the midfield sector in the modern game. He spends most of his time there winning ball and tracking, along with Paudie and Leper. And he's absolutely as good as anyone around doing it. So I would definitely leave him there. He will not be in the inside line now, I just can't see it.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Conway is playing well enough at the moment to warrant a spot on the team. I do however worry about his lack of disipline. Having played against hime a few times and having seen him play with Kildare he seems to be very niggly on the pitch and is very vocal with the refs
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 12:33 am

Careful Botch, the Nurney freedom fighter will have you for pointing out facts like that pfffffttttt
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:59 am

A lack of discipline is hardly something that can be thrown at Mikey Conway. I can't recall him ever getting a red card or a suspension at inter-county level either senior or underage. We have a number of other players at the moment who walk a much thinner line as regards discipline. That said, there's no harm in having a hard aggressive edge as long as it's channelled correctly.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 3:16 am

BTA are you aware of the difference between a fact and an opinion. Just because you agree with an opinion it does not make that opinion a fact.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 am

i dont get this about conways discipline, it is not an issue at all in my opinion, our discipline in the tackle and conceding 10 points from frees would be a lot bigger issue in my opinion as whether we agree with the referees or not we do give away too many frees in a lot of matches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship 15
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next