Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Championship 15

Go down 
+40
walsheman
Frankel
flourman
Dr No
Onhisboot
MD
Ogie
GaaHead
lilysavage
naked-lilly
steviegenius
centreback
gomearza
Charlie41
Lily8
Highball
gael
Botch
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
KFSAM
shoutitout
lilywhite dancer
kildaregaa365
stanley
lastline
Fear An Geata
losthope
Bān go Lēir
Athyman
parcel
kickingking
nuxer
murof
TommyKeegan
Could'nt Trap Cement
rboy
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
BelieveToAchieve
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

Championship 15 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:32 am

Interesting Idea Crofter, I'd agree that could be an excellent move, but I liked the way we defended as a team against Tyrone, and Paidi was a huge part of that from his mdfield position,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 6:49 am

Paidi played center back for kildare as a minor i think in 2003
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 7:46 pm

No surprise here I guess, Paul Flynn says Kildare are Dublin's biggest threat in Leinster. He's talking about some of the U21s coming through for them. I wonder if there'll actually be many.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=2010
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Yeah I think we're finally in the place to challenge the Dubs for silverware. We've been close over the last few years whilst being handicapped by injuries and a squad which wasn't quite good enough.
I think this is the year where we kick on and stop worrying about others....
Back to top Go down
LilyWhyte
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 9:41 pm

dublin are hugely reliant on the brogans and with Bernard only back and Alan now well into his 30's and an all-ireland in his back pocket i dont think Dublin will come anywhere need retaining sam and are there for the taking in Leinster.

Also i saw a couple of them looking worse for wear in Punchestown so hopefully its all gone to their heads and they haven't stopped celebrating yet!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:00 pm

Im not so sure that Kildare's progress will have anything to do with Dublin and their state. To be fair, I think McManaman and a couple of others showed well for them in the league. The golden child will of course improve them when he gets back.

My thoughts on Kildare progressing are more to do with Kildare themselves. We now seem to have our best players available and fitness levels are at a premium. Competition in the panel is huge and guys are playing for and believeing in the management and their system.

There were a lot of people who questioned the arrival of John Reynolds and why Geezer didnt look within Kildare for O'Rourke's replacement. But yet again Geezer has got the right man for the job.

My hope at the end of last years championship was - and still is - that we get to play the Dubs in Leinster this year with our full compliment of players and especially to see Peter Kelly mark the golden child.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:13 am

LilyWhyte wrote:
dublin are hugely reliant on the brogans and with Bernard only back and Alan now well into his 30's and an all-ireland in his back pocket i dont think Dublin will come anywhere need retaining sam and are there for the taking in Leinster.

Also i saw a couple of them looking worse for wear in Punchestown so hopefully its all gone to their heads and they haven't stopped celebrating yet!!!! cheers

I agree Kildare are very, very close but Alan Brogan being well into his 30s won't be an issue I'd say. He hasn't played much in the league, he was, in fact, the main man last year, not Bernard. And he's younger than both Johnny and Dermot.

John Rafferty I presume you mean BTA... he has kept some low profile. Supposed to be a very straight man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship 15   Championship 15 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Championship 15
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7