Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GAA to announce SKY deal

Go down 
+28
Big Full Back
Botch
losthope
johnsmyth
Taibi
Flamingo
Cilldara_2000
Bān go Lēir
micky murphy
Cassanata
kildaregaa365
overthebar
Stonecold
Ogie
Sam1928
reichenhall
jimmers
murof
SeamusMurphy
kickingking
steviegenius
LillieLad
BelieveToAchieve
kelf
The observer
Rex
TommyKeegan
topcat
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:02 am

Irish Times Sport ‏@IrishTimesSport  1 min
Roscommon see off Longford to set-up a semi-final meeting with Mayo in the Connacht Senior Football Championship. Keith Duggan  chronicl...

It's not only SKY that need to upgrade their GAA coverage! Smile
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:57 am

Never mind Sky mispronouncing a few names and getting some graphics wrong, what are firstrow at putting the Ivory Coast flag up instead of the Irish one?

Shocking stuff.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:25 am

Damn them and their free content. Was just looking at the Twitter reaction actually and it struck me we are still a very needy and insecure nation. So many comments along the lines of, "English followers, put on Sky Sports 3 and tell me how great my sport and by extension country are". Did like the comment that said Jamesie O'Connor was sitting like he was getting ready for a lap dance and another that said while they were well turned out, you got the feeling they were all on the way to a wedding.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 5:34 am

Oh it's terrible, reminded me of a mate who got a tattoo on his back and part of it included the Irish flag waving from a flagpole, the flag though was "blowing" right to left just inside his shoulder so to make it look green white and orange (in sequence) it effectively ended up being an Ivory Coast flag.

All joking aside isn't it terrible how anybody no matter where they are in world can stream this game yet the finals today, the Tyrone Down replay, the Cork Waterford replay and countless other matches aren't available anywhere other than local radio?

Not on Twitter to be honest, only look it up every now and then to get score updates etc.

He was sitting in a "look how wide I can spread my legs" type position alright.

They look to be adding a bit of technology to the mix anyways which I welcome, just a bit of kit to analyse tactics and bits of play (if they do so afterwards) can make a world of difference, the difference between highlights on Soccer Republic this year compared to MNS last year is another example.

Be interesting to see what the highlights show that has been mentioned will be like.

There's definitely room in schedule for a Thursday / Friday night show covering the previous weekends games and looking ahead to whats on this weekend and discussing team announcements etc. Championship Matters hardly counts in that regard, does it fuck matter.
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:50 am

jebus Tommy,i got the impression over the last while that you were'nt exactly in love with the whole Sky/GAA thing,but quoting twitterati to make your point dosen't seem like your form???.i didn't see the coverage,so i'm a bit confused...lapdance at Nowlan Park ?..and me stuck up here in Longford with no lift home..!!
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:19 am

Wish I had sky sports all I had was newstalk radio for Longford and Wexford, a cracking game! Pay a TV license and you get that moron on a Sunday night sitting on his big wage packet while we all complain about brolly or Spillane, worst anchor ever FFS he's even shite in the radio.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:51 pm

Tis like Jason Ryan... lads are only champing at the bit waiting for it to go wrong... The Sun have done a deal where they'll have a minute's highlights of games at half time and two minutes after - presume it's of selected games.

RTÉ streaming Cork-Waterford
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:52 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
Wish I had sky sports all I had was newstalk radio for Longford and Wexford, a cracking game! Pay a TV license and you get that moron on a Sunday night sitting on his big wage packet while we all complain about brolly or Spillane, worst anchor ever FFS he's even shite in the radio.

http://cricfree.eu/live/index.php

Click on the event you want to watch and close the adds (click on the "x") some "x"'s don't appear for a few seconds. If you have broadband its a good job.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAA to announce SKY deal   GAA to announce SKY deal - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GAA to announce SKY deal
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6