Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling

Go down 
+29
Ohtoohtobe
armagh4sam
Sam1928
croker
peile
foney
Always_White
Derfil
Jimmy winning matches
Dara
lilly-exile
kildarecat
geezerslilywhites
Lily8
Yellow Pearl
Highball
centreback
abl
Rex
FearBan
rboy
Dinny Breen
gaaweb
Horsebox
Stonecold
ChillDara
koko39
MD
bob12
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

I'd say so, except for Alan Smith coming in for Tomás O' Connor who may be injured.

Geezer seems to have found a settled team with good game changing impact subs availble to him.
Back to top Go down
armagh4sam
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Smith would be aq certain starter for me.

The young O'Flaherty, Eoin is it? He looked very accomplished when introduced, what age is he?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Somebody will correct me but I think he's about 22.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:23 pm

Well he was the star of the show in the 2008 run to the All-Ireland U21 final Armagh4Sam, can't remember for sure if he was still U21 last year so he's around 22. Class act, can't see how we started O'Connor ahead of him, but sure it worked out for the best.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:24 pm

][quote="JME"]Somebody will correct me but I think he's about 22. [/quote}

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:28 pm

fone when are the lads training again, any inury worries?
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 3:46 pm

armagh4sam wrote:
Hiya lads, used to post the odd time on the old forum and i’ve made the jump across.

Watched five games over the weekend and you and Tyrone stood out by a country mile.

On the old site I argued with one of the regulars, can’t remember who, after he took the hump with McGeeney after Louth. I said you judge a year at the end, not at the end of the province.

That said, they are not in the qf yet, a big showing against Monaghan needed.

Not overly versed on the Kildare set up, is Carew the attacking coach? If so, he is doing a fine job and, obviously, the Armagh influence of McGeeney and O’Rourke is paying off in defence. Not just the tackling, but the pressure, the positioning and the option taking coming out was first rate.

You will need to tie McGrillen to the post he is defending because that lad does not want to stay still. His bursts forward were brilliant in the second half, but he mustn’t forget to protect the house.

Grimley, from someone looking in, is doing a fantastic job lads. Remember, sometimes a little leeway is needed to achieve long term results.

Plenty in Armagh will be behind you now!

Welcome aboard armagh4sam...you're like a step brother ! Bring a gang to croker with you on saturday.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:22 pm

smith willl defo start,luking sharp again....so dangerous on the ball
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:37 pm

geezer said dermot will mainly rest this week
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:28 pm

code name: fone,
operation: Lilies4Sam
Mission: inside operation to uncover the workings of the Kildare senior football panel.
Answers to no-one (apart from Kildare GAA Forum!!!)

Great stuff fone, keep it up, love the updates and their brevity make them seem even more covert and undercover

Over and out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Ha ha, class Marcus....
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:19 pm

eoghan o flahertys 21 i think he should start instead of sweeney saturday
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 pm

Flaherty and Keith Cribbin look fine prospects for the future but I wouldn't be dropping Roli for Saturday. He had a great game when we played Monaghan in the league last year and we'll need to match them physically because they hit as hard as any team in the land. Roli does blow hot and cold but when he's on his game he's as good a ball winning forward as Kildare have.

Eoghan doesn't offer that ball winning ability yet (lost out in a few 50/50s against Leitrim in the first half). I think we're better off using him as an impact sub to introduce in the third quarter of games. His movement and pace will cause the opposition defenders problems when they start tiring - especially in the wide open spaces of Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:42 pm

I risk the accusation of green glasses, but Roli has had some wonderful performances in the Kildare jersey most notably Laois last year where imo he should have got man of the match, he was without a doubt one of our best performers last year, just behind Dermot and Mikey Conway, he's blown hot and cold this year but he has vast experience and is used to the cauldron of big championship games calling for his head after one poor performance seems a bit strange to me?.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 am

It's just my opinion. I just thought on Saturday O'Flaherty made a difference when he came on and I think he deserves a start. I know Sweeney has had good performances this year but I just think at the moment I would have O'Flaherty on before him. Surely Smith will start for the Monaghan match now too.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am

must say I was really impressed with Eoin when he came on, he looked pretty lively... I also think Roli gives a more physical presence... I wonder will the Monaghan full back JP Mone be fit for Saturday?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:18 am

I agree kildarecat, surprisingly.

After being up at the match i came home and watched it on sky+ and i noticed that our first few scores came from Roli winning free's and JD popping them over.
Whilst he didnt have his best days, he did help get us back into the game.
He had a bad game but he is use to the big games on big days in Croker. Eoghan Flats is a great
man to have in reserve if things aren't going well for any of the forwards.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:36 am

I say after last weekend there will be only one change with Smith coming in for O Connor. What impressed me more than anything was the team work rate all over from start to finish Roli and Jimmers didnt have there best day against Derry but worked hard for the team. Eoghan o Flats bring him on for the last 20 min and let his loose in the full forward line, him and Smith would cause unreal damage with there speed and score taking with the sort of ball that was played in Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling    Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Result lets get bandwagon rolling
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3