Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Go down 
+33
jimmers
kildare08
Celbridgelad
Botch
Taibi
petethewac
thelads
eddyboy
barrow man
Gonzo
Curragh Command
losthope
Cilldara_2000
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
Bān go Lēir
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
lilysavage
Jc1
Kildare Castle
mikeyhastheball
bob12
Gaa1928
bag of white
Frankel
smokey
lollypop
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
topcat
Hereallweek
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 8:55 am

Well done to Edwards, showed great spirit and great balls yesterday. I look forward to meeting them on a level playing ground next February,
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 am

Athy and sarafields will contest the Minor A championship final
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 5:51 am

I just want to say that putting naas B's in the D championship was just as bad if not worse than sarsfields B's going into the C...Naas won their championship semi final by 19 POINTS !!!! 19 points in a championship semi final!
Back to top Go down
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:05 pm

topcat, I agree with "thelads" why bring it up then? if you represent "the sash" then my estimation of the club has gone down. you come on here handing out opinions and advice but when it comes to answering questions, you dissappear!!!!. 23 titles. no one cant take that away and the great work put into it. but from being involved in Champ C this year, the title from last Saturday was won by a Champ B team.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:07 pm

'No bob, Lame is a town the size of Leixlip having their first team competing in the Minor C championship..'

Agree 100% with this
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 pm

Nice to see the Sarsfields posters deflect criticism by only mentioning Leixlip. Whatever your opinion of Leixlip being in it, IMO they had every right to be there as, unfortunately for them, that was the level of their team this year, it's lame for St Edwards, Rheban, St Kevin's, Sallins, etc to have the likes of Sarsfields stuck in front of them taking the piss with their under 16s.

You can all talk all you want about fellas being missing here and there throughout the summer, yet the facts remain:
- Sarsfields struggled through the group stage only getting into the quarter final by the skin of their teeth
- They lost to Leixlip by 8 points in the third round.
- In the quarter final, after playing any number from 6 up of their U16A championship winning team, they beat Leixlip by 14 points.
- Then win each of the next two games by 10 points.

Nobody can genuinely stand over that and say that their team that played the playoffs in the C championship was correctly graded.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:07 pm

I brought it up as I think it is important that the performance of a group of players in winning a championship whatever the grade should be acknowledged. If any other club had have won would posters from that club not acknowledge said success?

Sarsfield minor Bs competed in Div 4 of the league and were duly promoted to the minor C championship, Naas who Sarsfields beat in the final of that competition are competing in minor D and look like they will walk it, maybe Sarsfields should have been in the minor B, I am not fully aware of the strengths or weaknesses of the teams that compete in the minor B championship.

If there are enough teams capable of fielding two teams there should be a separate competition for B teams only as it is at senior level but I am not sure how many B teams are competing across the various grades this year.

I am just posting opinions and acknowledging the fact that Sarsfields managed to win a championship this year, feel free to disagree with me but whatever your feelings about Sarsfields as a club or me as a poster to begrudge young players winning a championship is not right in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 11:28 pm

Once again with the deflections and moving the goalposts. Nobody is knocking young fellas for going out and playing football. We are knocking the club and county board for making a mockery of the grading process and the young fellas playing for the other 9 clubs in the competition.

It appears to be an accepted fact that at least 6 of the strongest U16s suddenly appeared on the Sarsfields team for the quarter final against Leixlip. You didn't dispute that in your last post. That is an issue in the Sarsfields club. Of the young fellas who had achieved getting to a quarter final, at least 6, by the admission of your own club members, were dropped in favour of the U16s. That's a great vote of confidence in the 6 lads who gotten the team to the quarter final.

The issues with the county board have also been well teased out here: no grading, moving the quarter to Hawkfield with very little notice, allowing the game to be moved to Monday when other clubs had players playing two days running (Sallins and St Edwards had a pile of lads who played on Saturday in the Sallins U16 game and in the Straffan v Rathcoffey junior game).
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:04 am

I agree with topcat on the seperated championships for 2nd teams.. It would be a great solution to the grading problem
Back to top Go down
Curragh Command
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:22 am

"It appears to be an accepted fact that at least 6 of the strongest U16s suddenly appeared on the Sarsfields team for the quarter final against Leixlip. You didn't dispute that in your last post. That is an issue in the Sarsfields club. Of the young fellas who had achieved getting to a quarter final, at least 6, by the admission of your own club members, were dropped in favour of the U16s. That's a great vote of confidence in the 6 lads who gotten the team to the quarter final"

The only game that these six Under 16's missed was the round robin game against Leixlip, they have trained(1 night per week) with the Minor B's since Jan, played in all the league games in Div 4 and allowed 10-14 other squad members the chance to play football for the year.Maybe Leixlip thought all they had to do was turn up for the 1/4 final, complacency!!!!

Answer to thelads question above is that there is only one of those Under 16's that played with the Minor B's on the U16 development squad.

There is no player on the B team that started for the Minor A last year/this year except for one who was injured since APRIL!!!

Are you sure that Sarsfields requested to be in the C championship, maybe the CCC in their wisdom made the decision for them, do you know how the grading system works?

As stated before, the grading for the Minor championship is very much down to the CCC having an equal number of teams in each division no matter how strong/weak a team is, Raheens & Kilcock in Minor A, TMH & Rathangan in Minor B, some say Sarsfields in Minor C and Naas in Minor D. The CCC base their grading's on previous years results in U16 and Feíle and as we all know that a lot can change especially in the smaller clubs. TMH were in last years Minor A final and League final but realistically should have been in Div C for the championship this year. Sarsfields have one three of the last U16 championships and really should have been in Minor B!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 4:34 am

Curragh Command yet again integrity is the game here. Not sure you did your homework, there is evidence to counteract your argument. Anyway I assume that Sash will win the A. Yes they have set the standard and hats off to them. Leixlip addressing this within our club. This year was the 1st time in 4 years that we won a c/ship match at this level. So we will set our own standards in years to come and trust me other will follow. Naas will be a force soon too. Bottom line its good for Kildare football to have the large urban teams do well, also tp have small parish clubs like Rheban , St Kevins challenging Is good too. I have a different respect now for these teams and hope that they will continue the good work. But I will now be checking out for Rheban. I have huge respect and admiration for these guy's and hopefully they will challenge again next year. they are a credit to their parish, families and mentors . The plyed hard beat us (Leixlip) and gave us a valuable lesson in pride an passion. I think if Us and Sash were to take anything from them we would eventually win an All Ireland club.

Now that's me done. I wish all clubs well and look forward to 2015. Debate is always healthy it shows we care.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:55 am

Am i right in saying that the last three winners of the div 4 league, Rheban, Robertstown and Nurney were all promoted to B championship when it came around. Very strange grading, if Naas got to div 4 final also, it was an equally strange decision. The questions should be answered imo
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 7:57 am

No, Nurney won the C championship that year.
Back to top Go down
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Curragh Command,
as regards homework.
....There is no player on the B team that started for the Minor A last year/this year except for one who was injured since APRIL!!!...

this is incorrect, or perhaps just a oversight on your behalf. another of your key players played on your Minor A team in league this year and played on your MInor B team in Championship.
(I believe this forum is not putting putting names up, if you like I can PM it to you).
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Bob12 sarsfeilds haven't set the standard at minor athy have.The great sarsfeilds minor team shit themselves last year.The probably will win this year,but your missing out on one thing athy have the 3 best minors in the county Feeley ,mick Kelly and tony Martin .These 3 lads are still not making the athy senior.The reason why is all the minors we won a few years back.Thats our senior team now.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm

Thats debateable Gonzo.. I could say P Mescal, J Flynn and S Dempsey were.. and all 3 were there last Year also.
Back to top Go down
Curragh Command
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 1:51 am

Petethewac, Please do PM me as I'm not sure about the player you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
petethewac
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:03 am

I sent that name to you Curragh Command
Back to top Go down
Curragh Command
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 2:21 am

I stand corrected, never thought of him but just to say that if we had a third team he would find it hard to make that team!
Back to top Go down
thelads
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Gonzo wrote:
Bob12 sarsfeilds haven't set the standard at minor athy have.The great sarsfeilds minor team shit themselves last year.The probably will win this year,but your missing out on one thing athy have the 3 best minors in the county Feeley ,mick Kelly and tony Martin .These 3 lads are still not making the athy senior.The reason why is all the minors we won a few years back.Thats our senior team now.

hyland was the best athy minor on the kildare setup this year based on performance
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:25 pm

The way I see it lads is once you get a minimum of 2/3 players joining your senior panel per year your in a good place. Even a div 3 team usually has 2/3 players capable of making that step up.
As for the Leixlip and sash lads arguing back and forth, yee played against each other in senior champ which was a close game by all accounts, and yee played against each there 3 times in second team champ and drew two of those games, so the clubs aren't miles apart. Sarsfields weren't wining any minor games over from 2010-2012 but now they have a star studded team, (which they are) some posters believe they can talk about other clubs affairs, Lads athy has been winning them for years and in my eyes are the model club, when my own club won ours(going unbeaten all year in league and champ) barely any of our lads were given a chance the following year to play senior football, the only players that stayed on playing were the well known county lads and it was a shame to see.
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 am

As expected naas B's won the D championship by 11 points... 2 out of the 4 championships won by 10 points or over in the final
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 am

Will the minor champ final be moved date now that sash are in senior final. Have to say it's great to see their senior manager give the young lads a chance. Good for kildare football
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 5:14 am

I don't think so... I think st Edwards played the C final on the same day as straffan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 6:07 am

Thelads, I would have thought Feely was the best Athy fella on it! Hyland was cleaned in leinster final and v Kerry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next