Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Go down 
+33
jimmers
kildare08
Celbridgelad
Botch
Taibi
petethewac
thelads
eddyboy
barrow man
Gonzo
Curragh Command
losthope
Cilldara_2000
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
Bān go Lēir
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
lilysavage
Jc1
Kildare Castle
mikeyhastheball
bob12
Gaa1928
bag of white
Frankel
smokey
lollypop
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
topcat
Hereallweek
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:07 pm

topcat wrote:
Thanks for that Gaa1928

Quarter finals will then be

Sash v Kilcock
Naas v Celbridge
Towers v Maynooth
Athy v Clane

I am open to correction on those fixtures but this highlights the problem of 8 teams getting through, Kilcock are through having only won one game against Moorefield and got beaten by Sarsfields by 42 points last night and now have to play them again in the quarter final.

I'm thinking:

Sash v Celbridge
Naas v Kilcock
Towers v Clane
Athy v Maynooth

Open to correction though.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Celbridge definitely have a better score diff than Kilcock so will finish ahead of them, celbridge 7th, Kilcock 8th
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 6:58 pm

topcat wrote:
Celbridge definitely have a better score diff than Kilcock so will finish ahead of them, celbridge 7th, Kilcock 8th

Correct 'topcat', I am still asleep.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 12:21 am

Bob Iv no doubt what ur saying is correct my problem with senior clubs dropping to C level is if they get their house in order they will probably win it. The smaller intermediate and junior clubs have this as an aspiration when they get a good crop. Junior clubs can't go farther down and mostly dont want to but its hard explaining to kids that u got Leixlip/Carbury .
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 10:59 pm

So all the results are now up on the website, with the exception of Nurney v Naas in the D which is on this Saturday.

In the C, Rheban gave a walkover to Castledermot on Tuesday night. Anyone have any info on this?

In the D, Grange gave a walkover in the first round to Ellistown in the first round, and are listed in 8th place because of scoring difference with 0 points. It would hardly be fair on Raheens and Ballykelly to have a team who gave a walkover qualify for the play offs ahead of them. 3 way play off, I'd assume?

Anyone have any info on these issues? Or indeed what the planned dates are, nothing has been published like there was for senior, intermediate & junior.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:29 pm

I know in senior league teams that give walkovers get docked a point, I am not sure if the same rules apply at Minor grade but if I was a member of a club who got knocked out of the championship because a team had benefitted by giving a walkover I would be fuming.
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: walkovers   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2014 11:35 pm

Cilldara_2000, I was looking at this and was wondering same. Rhebans walkover effectively knocks kilcullen out of the qtr final. surely this is not fair, or have I missed something???  i thought that there was a meeting on Tuesday and that dates would be published. looking at last years the qtrs  were Saturdays A and B and  Sunday  C and D. guessing they might be on weeknd of 13\14th
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 2:02 am

The irony of Rheban giving a walkover and Kilcullen losing out again you couldn't make it up. Must have been a reason as they had 2 wins.
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 3:51 am

Would be interested in reason as the kilcullen lads deserve to know (maybe they do know) but in the league the rules were if you gave a walkover you were not allwoed to progress to qtr or semi.
Back to top Go down
lollypop
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am

bob12 wrote:
lollypop wrote:

Two clubs not putting in the work at underage ,simple as . This rheban team you speak off , u 16 A championship last year  , hardly be an achievement to win a minor C would it .  B CHAMPIONSHIP wide open , ballinya would have been my tip but 2 defeats have them in trouble  , 7 teams with points so they will have to get at least a draw next week .

Lollypop. Let me start by pointing out that you haven't a clue what your on about. The leixlip minor team has not won a game in the championship at this level for 5 years prior to this year. The club has put huge amount of time at football 7 be rage recently and it's beginning to show. This bunch of lads did not win a game of football for 2.5 years till last year.so I think disgrace is way off the mark. From u/15 down the club is getting strong. Only last night we had 50 I 12 and u 13 blitz with leixlip players. So in 2 to 3 years time this club will be challenging at A level at all ages. Yes the seniors are poor and Coney to their credit have a better team . But huge strides are been worked on. People like Declan Mccarthy,  Dave FLynn Martin Ruanne Stephen Gibbons and John C or ri gan have put huge time in. Hopefully it will show in an underage county title soon.
Let me start by saying i know exactly what i talkin about . A senior club not winning a minor c game for 5 years surely does more for my argument than yours , remember goin up dere back in the day and the biggest job we would have is keepin the ball kicked out to the leixlip boys . However its great to hear that a big effort is being put in at underage and theres no doubt that this will reap its own rewards
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:02 am

I doubt the quarter finals will be played on the weekend of 13/14th due to the 16s finals being that weekend but maybe mid-week after that weekend
Back to top Go down
Kildare Castle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 8:58 pm

Was told Rheban couldn't field a team mainly due to group holidays,coupled with a suspension and injuries one of which a Rheban player received a serous knee injury after being kicked off the ball in a red card incident in the previous game.Seemingly Rheban had been in contact with the powers in county board on several occasions to have the game moved back a few days but they were told no one was changing championship games ( Smile despite the senior neighbours being allowed change the previous week due to a debs Smile ,along with several other senior clubs been facilitated with changes in the A group i might add Smile ) .The powers that be eventually told Rheban if Castledermot changed then it would be allowed but they said they could not accommodate and it had to be played (intermediate was on the wed). Im sure lads will be skeptical about Rhebans ability or efforts to field a team but Rheban have no stock of older minors to go to ,they have put huge effort into there underage in recent years but this team is the first of the crop of players from the academy ,95% of this current team played last year such was there young age (and can play next year)it was Rhebans first minor team in 16 years ,there is only 2 proper of age minors on the team( ie cant play next year) ,so if the club is short players the only alternative is to go looking right down to the underage teams for some of the youngsters to play illegally which is not an option these days .Trust me Rheban did everything it could to try get the game changed and then to try round up a team ,no club wants to give away a championship game and certainly not this team who are definitely are in the top 3 favorites to win it along with Leixlip and St Edwards.Looking at the table Kilcullen had 1 point better than Castledermot on scoring difference before the last round so even if Rheban had scratched a team on the night Castledermot would undoubtedly have won given they are a pretty decent side and the dark horses in the group,no consolation to kilcullen but had the few days change been facilitated then this mess would not have happened.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Minor B Championship
Suncroft V Leixlip
Confey V Alymer Gaels
St Laurences V Clane
Carbury V Eadestown
Castledermot V Raheens
Monasterevan V Rheban
Rathangan V Killard

That is the B group from 2013. As far as I know Rheban won Div 4 minor in 2013 so coming out with first minor team in 16 years is bull. How much more of your story can holes be picked in
Back to top Go down
Kildare Castle
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 10:31 pm

From my Post Smokey : "95% of this current team played last year such was there young age (and can play next year)it was Rhebans first minor team in 16 years" Smile Smile ,sorry smokey but thats as plain as i can make it for you lad ,you should read the post properly before you jump in ,notice "team played Last Year " and "it WAS Rhebans first minor team in 16 years". My point is the team is extremely young still ,average age is 16 THERFORE the club would need to head to the underage teams illegally (whats the age limit 15 id imagine for minor)if they were to try scratch a team and there in the same boat as regards youngsters at the lowest level of the age limitations.Ive told you the truth of what happened believe it or else come on here make insinuations that its bull thats your choice,the club did all it could to play this game .And yes Rheban did win the div 4 last year and were moved up to the B Championship ,and Rheban requested to county board that they be moved to the c championship given the team was so young,to no avail .Consequently Rheban got battered in all 3 games .
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 1:03 am

thanks kIldare castle, very good update. the county board need to see bigger picture and facilitate clubs efforts to put best team out, in the long run, it will benefit county
Back to top Go down
Jc1
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2014 7:24 pm

Lollipop , just to let you know that in 2011 the leixlip minor team played in minor A championship and the same in 2012, competed in the minor B championship in 2013 and only this year have been entered into the C championship . So regarding your comment of leixlip playing C championship for the last 5 years is inaccurate. Yes the results haven't been great over last few years but the work is being put in .
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:08 am

Poor Sallins and St.Edwards u16s have to play B championship final and shield final on Saturday and then have to play the next day in the minor C quarter final...but then the county managers will give out about burn out
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:09 am

I'm sure they aren't the only ones in that situation as well
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:44 am

not fair on young lads at all. you would wonder sometimes about the communication or lack of it within the county. It flies in the face of common sense
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 3:47 am

There's no reason why it can't be played during the week like the last 3 rounds
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Mikeys wrote:
Poor Sallins and St.Edwards u16s have to play B championship final and shield final on Saturday and then have to play the next day in the minor C quarter final...but then the county managers will give out about burn out  

It's fairly ridiculous alright. The majority of the Sallins minor panel this year are under 16s. So they'll have games two days running. At least the St Edward's under 16s have 48 hours between the under 16 match and the minor match and there isn't as much of an overlap between the two panels. The issue there is Straffan v Rathcoffey on Saturday. Rathcoffey have three or four minors starting on their first team with another two or three coming on as subs and Straffan have one starting. So you're talking about 16 or 17 lads playing a game two days running and another three or four playing within 48 hours.

And a further issue with the minor C seems to be that they said at the last county board that they want to have the C final on the same day as the junior. This is fairly ridiculous. That's quarters this weekend, semis following weekend and then the final the following weekend again. There's bound to be at least one draw in those 6 games before the final.

It was all well and good having the C final on the same day as the junior final when the junior final was two/three weeks later. Last year it was on Saturday 19 October, this year it's Saturday 27 September, a full three weeks earlier. Plus the minor championships were a week later starting this year so the C championship is being condensed into a period of four weeks shorter than last year.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 pm

lillyboy wrote:
not fair on young lads at all. you would wonder sometimes about the communication or lack of it within the county. It flies in the face of common sense

Its ridiculas.. and the same think happens every Year.. common sense ?, I dont think they give a F-ck tbh..
Back to top Go down
Hereallweek
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 3:23 am

Another game as well is the junior hurling championship semi final on Sunday is down for 5.30 and there's a few Sallins minor lads on that as well I'd say they'll ask for it to be changed and if I was on the county board I'd oblige
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 12:14 am

Kilcock giving Sarsfiels a walkover in Minor A quarterfinal wont go down well with the Co Board!
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 1:43 am

Sarsfields get a walkover? Why's that??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next