Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS

Go down 
+33
jimmers
kildare08
Celbridgelad
Botch
Taibi
petethewac
thelads
eddyboy
barrow man
Gonzo
Curragh Command
losthope
Cilldara_2000
fatherted
lilywhites on tour
Bān go Lēir
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
lily4fr
lilysavage
Jc1
Kildare Castle
mikeyhastheball
bob12
Gaa1928
bag of white
Frankel
smokey
lollypop
lillyboy
SeamusMurphy
topcat
Hereallweek
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:43 pm

I think the reasoning is you could hand your pass out or match programne to anyone new arriving if you were not coming back
Back to top Go down
mikeyhastheball
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:48 pm

Getting in and out....That is a  first world problem Smile a stamp on the hand Smile Topcats comments about throwing an auld hurling game in the middle of it to give them a break and how it should not be a long term solution. I sure the hurlers appreciated being seen as a gap filler.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:27 pm

It seems very much like an Irish solution to an Irish problem. It suits all the lads involved in the two teams and, in fairness, the extra two hours could make a huge difference for them. However, the Naas hurling supporters, the Athy minor supporters and any neutral football supporter who'd want to see both finals, are not at all facilitated by this. No disrespect to the intermediate hurlers, they're entitled to have their final in the county grounds as much as anyone else in either code at any grade, but it sort of takes the good out of county final day for a lot of supporters: realistically there won't be too many neutrals in at 12.45pm and staying until ~5.35pm-ish. Most neutrals will give the minor and hurling games a miss.

kelf wrote:
Imagine a club , at a County Board meeting, in May or June, standing up and announcing that they would be in both the Senior & Minor Finals with 11 cross-over players and the CB better organise separate dates............

Not only would they be laughed out off the meeting   but  it would be the twitter & Forum  joke of the century within minutes            and Tommy in the Leader        would have    a Front Page headline   making complete fools of them....................

This is a CB mess  and the delegates,  with their petty attitudes,    just would not  sort it...........  BTA attitude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave the county board and the delegates out of this. The county board are specifically precluded from interfering with the scheduling of games by the CCC under rule 3.19(d)(i). Fixtures are completely a matter for the CCC. And in this instance the CCC are not being unreasonable by insisting that both games go ahead on the same day.

I wonder was there an apology to the "incompetent fixtures secretary" which might have seen him more willing to allow the two hour gap? Nevermind the fact that there is no such position as fixtures secretary.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 10:57 pm

Mikey hopefully the stamp is there on Sunday but was not in operation last sunday week.

Agree with Cilldara, As a supporter or neutral I have always gone to the Co. Final and taken in the minor game also to see if any new talent is coming along as I and im sure many others have an interest in football in the county, no disrespect to the hurlers (actually I think it is disrespectful to them) but this is and should alway be a FOOTBALL DAY and I cannot see too many neutrals in Conleths Park for the minor final this year and i'm sure the sense of the big day is also gone for them. This is typically a solution where nobody wins except maybe the ego of JC and PB
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 pm

scheduling of games by the CCC under rule 3.19(d)(i)

So CCC have authority to decide the times of games................... big deallllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CB still power to make "regulations",,,,,,,,,,,,like ,,,,,,, dates for County Finals..............

CB have total authority and the delegates are the CB so that's where responsibility rests.....................

I just hate those who are only too happy to be CB delegate but then runs away from any responsibility...............
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:15 am

kelf wrote:
scheduling of games by the CCC under rule 3.19(d)(i)

So CCC have authority to decide the times of games...................  big deallllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,

CB still power to make "regulations",,,,,,,,,,,,like ,,,,,,,  dates for County Finals..............

CB have total authority and the delegates are the CB   so  that's where responsibility rests.....................

I just hate those who are only too happy to be  CB delegate  but then runs away from any responsibility...............

The rule in question:
Quote :
To make Regulations governing:
(i) Competitions under its control but shall not place restrictions on the Competitions Control Committee in its scheduling of Games.

If you think the date of the final is a regulation and not scheduling then you need to refresh your knowledge of the English language.

IIRC, the September (or August) county board meeting was told what the dates were for the various finals and were not asked to approve these dates. This is in accordance with rule as it's the CCC's responsibility to schedule games.

Edit: In any case, I do not believe that the delegates would have backed moving the final anyway, from what I have been told. We were lead to believe on local radio last Friday that there was a groundswell of opinion in favour of Sarsfields. This is not what I have heard but, admittedly, my information is second hand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:09 am

That's cos most people listening to local radio are bored housewives. Not football people.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:38 pm

Athy 0 - 06, Sash 0 - 05 @ H/T.. Shock on ??
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 pm

Sash 0 - 08, Athy 0 - 07.. 8 Mins left. Athy missed a Pen.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 am

F/T, Sash 1 - 09, Athy 0 - 08.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS   MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MINOR CHAMPIONSHIP PREDICTIONS
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8