Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge

Go down 
+30
jj
Gaa1928
micky murphy
inexile
lovelyLily
steviegenius
flourman
TommyKeegan
lilysavage
murof
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Lily8
Ned
LillieLad
lillyboy
smokey
kildaregaa365
Flamingo
jimmers
Onhisboot
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
kickingking
Jimmy winning matches
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
Kildare98
Rex
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 9:07 pm

Kildare going better than last year. Better shape. Flynn and Moolick is a readymade midfield to come in. Forwards very good todsy..how many wides? Eoin Doyle was outstanding. Keeper panicked after goal with kickout. Ryan took two lads off cis he is minding them. It is Feb 1st remember. A win next week and we would be bsck in hunt for promotion.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

Taking off Kelly and Doyle might be a viewed as a mistake with the benefit of hindsight but Conway and Hyland are hardly bad replacements for all that they are both very young. The Kildare players should have seen that one out regardless of who was on the pitch at the end.

Mulhall grew into the game after being quiet enough in the opening period. His best work seems to be when he's closer to goal and we will have to try to keep him closer to Fogarty when we have the ball. I would have taken Leper off before him.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 10:43 pm

If Doyle or Kelly had got injured and we won by five everyone would be asking why he didn't take them off.
You can't win as a manager. We had a good back six on at the end. Players must take responsibility.
That said, it's February 2. I'm glad the likes of Freddy Kruger weren't on the pitch at the end, we'd have conceded five goals with that level of panic.
Let's wait five months. Then we can lose the head.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Nature or nurture - a pair of testes?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:47 am

TommyKeegan wrote:

Ah Tommy, come on, you can't help yourself! It's nothing to do with balls. Podge should score the penalty, Mark Donnellan should catch the free from distance. Both had good games but they were individual errors that decided the game. Nothing to do whatsoever with balls. Now the mistake did rattle Donnellan alright, as he needed to calm the head and make sure he found a man from the kickout.

On that point, someone above complained about not kicking it down the middle.... Obviously at his first Kildare game since Dermot Earley retired!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:44 am

TommyKeegan wrote:

Same shite different day : clearly a comment from somebody who wasn't even at the game.

Ryan is getting unwarranted abuse from sections of the public for taking off Doyle and Kelly. I think he should applauded for putting the Welfare of the players first. These two guys will be critical for us in the Summer. If both only playing 60 minutes for a few months in Feb / March is the price for having both of them fit for the summer - so be it.

Another thing that needs to stop is back chat to the ref : at least 4 frees were moved forward 20 yards yesterday, including I think, the free which ultimately was our undoing.

Hopefully the lads can make up for the lapses in concentration next Saturday night. If we are to be promoted now I think we will need to win in Navan and Galway (I don't remember ever beating Galway in a competitive fixture, anyone care to educate me on when it last happened?) which is obviously going to be a tough ask.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 11:56 am

Not a great ending yesterday you just feel like rubbish walking out, I think in this division you will see a lot of teams beating each other so all is not lost. Its a very important game next weekend for both teams hopefully Kildare can recover and take the points which wont be easy to kick start there season.
Back to top Go down
lovelyLily
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:04 pm

@flourman kildare beat galway in 2012 to get promoted to division 1!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/football/2012/0408/316500-kildare-secure-promotion-to-division-1/

Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:10 pm

No they didn't : that was a draw.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:36 pm

flourman wrote:

And as far as I can remember a lucky draw at that!

Incidentally, I can't remember us beating Galway in any Senior match (league or championship) since 1998. Is that right?

Last edited by inexile on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 12:38 pm

flourman wrote:
Yeah and lucky draw at that, last minute penalty by JD I remember.
On a side note, did anyone else think Fogarty was very naive to stand with the ball in hand on the penalty spot while Down took their time bringing on a new goalie? As expected one of the Down players took the oppurtunity to have a go at unsettling him. Personally I would have preferred to see him drop the ball and walk away until the goalie was in place. Maybe it made no difference but it was a very poor shot when he did get to take it.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Murof ur correct the worse penalities are taken by people that have too long to think about them, to be fair to him under KMcG i think that if something like this happenned he used to get someone else to pick to pick up the ball and take the abuse and then had to the actual penalty taker?

To me we have some of the best footballers in the country for skillset etc. however we have some of the worse footballers in the country for grit, never say die attitude, defeat not an option, gamesmanship etc etc

Kildare players and management are getting a reputation around the country for just being 'too nice' sure the interview with Jason Ryan and Peter Kelly demonstrated that yesterday - 'a sure you win some you lose some' and 'these things happen in sport' ?? what kind of attitude is that, we look like we don't really care one way or the other

Going back years ago do you think the likes of Glenn Ryan, Sos, Davy Dalton, Christy Byrne, Anthony Rainbow, Nuxer et al would have coughed up something like that at home in Newbridge without at least some kind of fracas -someone might have been sent off but would have worked down the clock

We need to get NASTY and the players need to figure out that what happenned yesterday is actually NOT ACCEPTABLE becasue come championship that attitude will still be there

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 1:33 pm

too sick to even try and sum this up.. Its margins, if Podge scores the Penalty, happy Days.. I actually thought Mulhall would take it.. Im not Jasons biggest Fan, but we can hardly blame Him for Player errors?.. I only hope Meath arent going to be "too physical" Saturday Night.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:12 pm

inexile wrote:
flourman wrote:

Incidentally, I can't remember us beating Galway in any Senior match (league or championship) since 1998. Is that right?
Yeah that was a draw, we were blessed Johnny scored a pen in the last minute they destroyed us in the second half.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:23 pm

Yeah I think our players are too nice all though I think players like Tomas, P Kelly, Fergal Conway, and Eoin Doyle have a mean streak in them. We can't concede goals like that anymore and I hope to god the players learn from that and it doesn't happen again as it can ruin a whole year. Pull them down or just plough through them.

I've said it before but Jason Ryan's interviews are cat to say "you win some and lose some" its shocking he should have been saying we won't allow that happen and I hope he doesn't go on about Meath's "physicality" if they hit us hit them twice as fecking hard!!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:35 pm

J Ryan: "Sometimes you go out and you win, sometimes you go out and the opposition win."

Think we need to ban him doing post-match interviews!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

I look forward to them now HG..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Ha! There is a weird kind of Alan Partridge quality to them alright!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm

inexile wrote:
flourman wrote:

We last beat Galway competitively at senior level in 1985 winning 1-13 to 1-9 in Division 1 of the league. I don remember the game but I do remember the previous meeting two years earlier in Newbridge when Shay Fahy starred at full forward in a 0-14 to 0-9 in Div 2.

We've failed to win in 9 outings since those two - 3 draws and 6 losses

Not a great record it must be said
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:11 pm

Crofter wrote:
inexile wrote:
flourman wrote:

We last beat Galway competitively at senior level in 1985 winning 1-13 to 1-9 in Division 1 of the league. I don remember the game but I do remember the previous meeting two years earlier in Newbridge when Shay Fahy starred at full forward in a 0-14 to 0-9 in Div 2.

We've failed to win in 9 outings since those two - 3 draws and 6 losses

Not a great record it must be said

Thanks Crofter. I've always thought of Galway as a bit of a bogey team for us.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Apart from the debacle at the end, the thing that disappointed me the most was how poor (non-existant) our tackling was. A few times in the first half Down were able to work the ball from one end of the pitch to the other and get a score or a free without us getting a proper tackle in. It reminded me of the Clare match last year. It seems to be our policy to try to stay goal side of our men and make them pass rather than commit ourselves to the tackle. Contrast this to Down (and Dublin last week) who were quite easily able to tackle and dispossess us when one of our men was isolated. I'm not sure if we don't tackle because we're not good at it (coaching needs to be better) or not encouraged to but it's one area where we are miles behing the top teams.

I'd wonder as well are we getting lots of men behind the ball just for the sake of it or does everybody know what they are supposed to be doing? At one stage in the first half we had 13 men behind the ball but still gave Down all the time in world to play the ball around on out 45 and pass into Laverty who had loads of space. As well as not defending properly, we are not well set up for a counter attack if we do win the ball.

A lot of work still to do methinks.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Yeah, a bogey team at senior – and also U21.

In 1992, one of our finest ever batch of players at that level took them on in the All-Ireland semi-final, only to come a-cropper.

Having learned our lesson, 21 years later, one of our finest ever batch of players at that level took them on in the All-Ireland semi-final, only to, er, come a-cropper.

Fucking groundhog day being a Kildare supporter!
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Crofter wrote:
We last beat Galway competitively at senior level in 1985 winning 1-13 to 1-9 in Division 1 of the league.

I could be wrong but I think Larry Tompkins got the winning goal for us in that game. Sorry for bringing it up - I'll get me coat...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:11 pm

This is the closest the GAA has ever been to being professional since the setting up of the association 130 years ago. The approach and preparation has never been at the level it is now.

Why should we accept the amateurish excuses from JR as to why we lost "Sometimes you go out and win, and sometimes you go out and the opposition win. Sometimes there is a draw too JR you absolute moron. That for me is about as acceptable as our capitulation against Tyrone last year and now Down.

Here's a stat for everyone. No other team conceded 3 goals at the weekend. No other team conceded 22 points. Another achievement for our fantastic backs coaches to go with last years stats. And yet we are led to believe we are better off than we are last year.

I am asking an honest question here. Can someone please tell me currently what is Jason Ryan and his coaching ticket bringing to the table that is innovative to bring us on from what KMcG led us to? What has he done to lead us to believe we can get with in 15 points of Dublin, the benchmark in Leinster?

What is he doing in Hawkfield to allow us to think we should even beat Laois in the Championship in summer. I see absolutely no progress being made whatsoever just the same old mistakes being made and the same old excuses being served up.

Well Jason, there is no hiding this year. No injuries to blame. I don't buy that the expectations from Kildare fans are unreasonable either which is another one of your lines.
The buck stops with you JR. Your bags are packed and are ready for collection. You are what E.Dunphy calls a spoofer and a shaper.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 10:22 pm

Well well look who's back ... Looks like Jayson Rhine couldn't keep good on his promise to fuck off and never post on the forum again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge   KILDARE v DOWN:  NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st  Feb, Newbridge - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILDARE v DOWN: NFL Div 2 Sunday 1st Feb, Newbridge
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next