Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Sick of saying this. There's no such thing as a contract with any GAA manager given that it's always, legally and officially, a voluntary position. Any "contract" or "agreement" that can't be enforced in court is no contract or agreement at all.

At all times it is within the remit of any county board to do as they wish regarding team management and selection under rule 3.19(c).

Yeah but it's more likely that a change of manager will take place after the end of the "agreement" than during it. Whether it's legal or not.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 9:49 pm

John Evans brought the Rossies from Div 3 to Div 1 and they still moved Him on.. He may have walked, but was because He didnt have the backing of the Clubs, although He did have the backing of the CB, and was to be offered another 2 Years.. Crazy stuff... Our Fella takes Us in the opposite direction, and some are considering keeping Him on ?. more crazy stuff.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 pm

At lease John Evans said that Roscommon are All Ireland contenders this year a positive attitude thats what some people in Kildare like to hear Very Happy
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:32 am

very hard to stay in a job with the rossies with certain pundits like an ex goalie having a go at your every move
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:57 am

He done well with Roscommon, but his Championship form was suspect. Also if you read a few other forums a lot of Roscommon supporters who would see the team at close quarters more than anyone else were not particularly kind to him.

Poor tactics, unable to defend, tackling poor to name but a few issues they have, sounds like someone we know. He has a good record of trying youth and believing in them but I would be cautious about him as manager of Kildare, that last thing we need is another manager who is tactically naive. Saying that I don't know much about him personally so others more enlightened might care to educate me.

It will be two weeks tomorrow that the Chairman said he would have reviewd the situation. He said it would take 10 to fourteen days. Ryan has not resigned so it appears he wants to go again, something I think would be a big mistake for everyone.

We await white smoke.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 3:08 am

I have a feeling ryan will stay another year. WE are not loaded with money and lets face it. If we do go out looking for a manager a new guy will be seeking all sorts of funding commitments. Kildare have a good chance of getting out of div 3 so Ryan will be silly not to consider staying
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 4:17 am

Bad news if he is staying. He has been involved for 3 years now and we clearly have gone backwards in each year. There is no suggestion that he has a clear vision of what is needed to move us forward.
We have become a very brittle side now, losing games we should have wrapped up and getting hammered to often by good teams.
Don't honestly think Evans would be much better as Roscommon were very poor in the championship in his time in charge.
The next appointment is critical for us. If we get it right with the young age profile we have we could improve greatly in a few years. But if we get it wrong or leave Ryan there we could become another Offaly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 4:43 am

moatesports wrote:
very hard to stay in a job with the rossies with certain pundits like an ex goalie having a go at your every move

Peter Griffen.. Mad
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 4:45 am

Botch wrote:
I have a feeling ryan will stay another year.  WE are not loaded with money and lets face it.  If we do go out looking for a manager a new guy will be seeking all sorts of funding commitments.  Kildare have a good chance of getting out of div 3 so Ryan will be silly not to consider staying

Like we did out of Div 2 ?.. Probably end up in Div 4 Botch.. We would look even more silly keeping Him. No
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 5:34 am

Reported in the Leinster Leader today that Ryan was abroad last week on holidays and that Ger Donnelly is on leave this week so there are no developments expected on the managerial front until next week at the earliest. Potential candidates for the position were contacted by the paper but refused comment.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Who were the candidates or did it say?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:13 pm

It's reported in today's Indo that Jason wants to stay for another year:
Meanwhile, it's understood that Jason Ryan has met with Kildare officials since the All-Ireland SFC quarter-final drubbing to Kerry and has reiterated his desire to remain in charge for a third year.

I don't think this would be good for us as he has had 2 years as manager and we still seem to be regressing. Interesting to see what Ger Donnelly does.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:44 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Botch wrote:
I have a feeling ryan will stay another year.  WE are not loaded with money and lets face it.  If we do go out looking for a manager a new guy will be seeking all sorts of funding commitments.  Kildare have a good chance of getting out of div 3 so Ryan will be silly not to consider staying

Like we did out of Div 2 ?.. Probably end up in Div 4 Botch.. We would look even more silly keeping Him. No

Maybe your right. But I o think managers will look at Kildare. They have a squad that with confidence and coaching can get out of div 3.
That is attractive to lads looking at the job and I feel Ryan thinks the same
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:50 am

Report on the Indo.. Jason looking to stay on for a 3rd Season ?.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 4:07 am

FFS, you cannot be serious. One good win in two years combined with double relegation, a pasting by Meath in Leinster, the two biggest defeats in the county's history, a panel that isn't exactly for him and a key time in our development with so much young talent needing to shed the past and find positivity and a new approach and fresh srart. But this is Kildare, we'd better f**k it up good and swift.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 am

Wish Ryan would just shuffle off quietly back to Waterford. He has some cahunas to even show his face in front of the County Board let alone begging for a third year. No doubt he's a shoe in...

Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 pm

If he stays on I'm not coming back next year, I don't say that lightly I go to the majority of O'Byrne cups, League and championship matches and think I support Kildare through thick and thin but if he stays it's a joke we have regressed so much under him and we sacked he who shall not be named for much fucking less. If we don't get the next appointment right we are fucked..
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:22 pm

Was up in my own club at a match last night and the opinion there was that Jason Ryan will be staying on ??????
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:47 pm

That's the sense I get around the county too. I do not hear any word of the county board looking else where.

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 9:52 pm

I heard he wants another term and that there will be changes in the backroom team
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 10:29 pm

lillyboy wrote:
I heard he wants another term and that there will be changes in the backroom team

Reminds me of the old saying  'A bad tradesman always blames his tools', Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:42 pm

He will only be back if club vote for him, if you don't want him get on to your club.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:44 pm

Ah stop Folks, enough winding done, Ye can ease of with the Joking now before Someone takes Ye seriously and falls into the depts of despair... Noooo cant happen, can it ?, Shur our CB arent that stupid surely ?. clown
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 11:59 pm

"balls on this guy like a Bengali tiger"

All joking aside he shouldn't get another term no matter who he brings in beside him. You can't have the level of failure he has had and expect to keep your job.
If he does stay I think a lot of people will give it a miss for the year. The attendances this year were chronic and won't get any better unless a bit of optimism is brought back in, Ryan won't do that.

It would be a retrograde step to keep him, surely the Chairman needs to show his teeth on this issue. however the longer it goes on the more chance he has of staying.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 2:34 am

I'm fed up with all this Ryan bashing, ok we had a poorish year but are we any worse than we were before Mcgeeney. He came in and got everyone behind him and the players actually started to believe that they were better than they really were.That belief carried us through a few years and we had a few good results but as always when push came to shove we failed miserably.

We tried to convince ourselves that we would come good and we did everything for Sir Kieran including putting our clubs at risk, spending more money than we had and even buying in foreign players (Shean E Jonaston) in a bid to win something and give us a reason to canonize our beloved leader.
It all failed and the clever people over our games finally saw what was happening and pulled the rug out from under His Majesty leaving us with a young man trying out new things and a dejected squad who had very little interest.

A terrible league followed and we should have been beaten in our first championship game by a team who were equally as dejected as we were. We scraped a draw and were in the same position at half time in the replay when Laois made a mistake which we punished and rocked them back on their heels.

That was the turning point of our season lads and we should acknowledge that fact.
We played great football after that and Jason had injected new life into us. We started to believe again and it showed on the pitch. Then Dublin burst our bubble as they have done to many teams and suddenly Jason was the enemy again.  

As I said we are only back at the level we were at before we were brainwashed into believing that we were the Barcelona of the GAA and we should stop and think before we start throwing stones. Jason Ryan is a fine young manager as he proved with a limited squad in Wexford and we should be glad he wants to give us another year.

If young Kingston had put that relatively simple chance over the bar at the end of the first game or if the Laois goalkeeper had not made that mistake in the replay our year was finished and Jason would be gone by now.  I have been told by some Laois lads that they didn't really want to win that one as they were not happy with their manager either and saw a defeat to us as a way for him to move on, which he did...

Its about time we acknowledged what we have and support him and our brave players in our quest to return to Div.2 which is well within our capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 9 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18 ... 27  Next