Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Jaysus it's probably gonna be fucking John Evans then not exciting at all. Hope someone else has something up their sleeve.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:12 pm

Sounds like Evans has job now Tuesday night country board meeting should be good
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Tommy Callaghan ‏@TommyCallaghan1 3 mins3 minutes ago
Cian O'Neill??????
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 pm

I can confirm that a management team of Glenn Ryan Johnny Doyle Dermot Earley and Anthony Rainbow was rejected Ger Donnelly Alan Dunny and Mick Gorman of the county board. 100% fact . They have just confirmed that they don't give a shit about football in this county. I feel sorry for poor Cian O Neill.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:36 pm

jim wrote:
I can confirm that a management team of Glenn Ryan Johnny Doyle Dermot Earley and Anthony Rainbow was rejected   Ger Donnelly Alan Dunny  and Mick Gorman of the  county board. 100% fact . They have just confirmed that they don't give a shit about  football in this county. I feel sorry for poor Cian O Neill.

If that is true and they appoint John Evans there will be uproar. Cian O'Neill would be a great appointment though if we can get him.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:41 pm

Why you feel sorry for ONeill? Hes with Kerry next year. Madness if its true that Glenn and co have been rejected.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:42 pm

jim wrote:
I can confirm that a management team of Glenn Ryan Johnny Doyle Dermot Earley and Anthony Rainbow was rejected   Ger Donnelly Alan Dunny  and Mick Gorman of the  county board. 100% fact . They have just confirmed that they don't give a shit about  football in this county. I feel sorry for poor Cian O Neill.
If we don't pull off a coup and get Cian O'Neill and bring in someone like John Evans that is fucking shocking. I heard there was trouble between Glenn and Ger Donnelly but fuck that we need what's best for Kildare football nothing else.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:48 pm

LillieLad wrote:
jim wrote:
If we don't pull off a coup and get Cian O'Neill and bring in someone like John Evans that is fucking shocking. I heard there was trouble between Glenn and Ger Donnelly but fuck that we need what's best for Kildare football nothing else.

Also heard from a few people over the last few weeks that Glenn Ryan wouldn't be the new manager mainly due to issues between himself and Ger Donnelly. Some people weren't too enthusiastic about Ryan getting the job but I would have been happy to give him a chance. He certainly wouldn't lack passion for the county anyway. Hard to know who it's going to be now.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 pm

Theres no if it's true. It's 100% fact. I feel sorry for Cian because of who he has to deal with. He's obviously very good at what hes does as a S and C but he'll be expected to raise funds and deal with every problem and if things don't go we'll which could happen even under Glan and Co he'll get absolutely no support the same as Jason Ryan Kieran McGeeney Johnny Crofton ect . Nothing personal against Cian O Neill or John Evens
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:53 pm

Lads it never over until they fat lady sings!!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 10:57 pm

what say have players is all of this , i was told some players dislike glen for out of date tactics
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:03 pm

So this has moved very quickly since yesterday. Tommy Callaghan has just tweeted that it looks like Cian O'Neill with Brian Murphy. 

You have to be happy there, but if Glenn was involved as well I think the whole County would get behind the team.

Shame politics and personal differences get in the way.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:06 pm

Theres no if it's true. It's 100% fact. I feel sorry for Cian because of who he has to deal with. He's obviously very good at what hes does as a S and C but he'll be expected to raise funds and deal with every problem and if things don't go we'll which could happen even under Glan and Co he'll get absolutely no support the same as Jason Ryan Kieran McGeeney Johnny Crofton ect . Nothing personal against Cian O Neill or John Evens
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:09 pm

If it's Cian and Brian I think it would be decent enough need someone tactically astute beside them imo. Would love Glenn in there too but think I'm looking for a bit much Neutral
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:11 pm

Glenn, Dermot, Johnny and Anthony are probably the best 4 Kildare players I've seen. That doesn't mean that they would work as a management team. Cian O'Neill is a lot more than a S&C coach. He has effectively been Kerry assistant manager over the last 2 years and has also been coach with Mayo and Tipperary hurlers over the last few years, always involved at the business end of the championship. He has a good track record of improving players and I think he would be a great choice as manager.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:14 pm

what a great appointment by kildare county board will the passion back into kildare gaa , won all ireland with kerry and tipperary hurling roll on 2016
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:15 pm

It's not done yet?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:18 pm

LillieLad wrote:
It's not done yet?
i be shocked if this pass tuseday on night
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:33 pm

jim wrote:

As you are stating this as 100% fact Jim I presume you have some evidence to back up your fact, such the the definition of a fact. Evidence backs facts up. So let's see it.

Also who proposed Glen Johnny Dermot and Rainbow?

Johnny has committed to Maynooth next year, how can he be on the line for Maynooth during O Byrne cup and Kildare. I call bullshit on this to be honest but you're going to back up your statement of fact
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:33 pm

I stepped out she stepped in again...........
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:42 pm

Kildare gaa tweeted - Cian O'neill being put forward on tuesday as proposal for manager.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Officially confirmed now that it's Cian O'Neill and he'll be put forward for a 3 year term at the county board meeting Tuesday night. Didn't think he was an option as I thought he was staying with Kerry. Very happy to see him get the job.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:06 am

I'm not one to compliment the county board but IF they turned down that management team and IF the reason was they've got Cian O'Neill, then can we compliment them for once?! I'll wait until it plays out anyway, a lot of agendas and whispers out there by sounds of it.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:07 am

Oh here we go, that's a great appointment. http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=245034
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:14 am

Shocked if this is true as I was certain he was a non runner from the start. However it could be a great appointment if he gets a good back up team beside him.
Fair play to him for leaving a top class, well funded outfit to a completely different set up in Kildare. Hopefully he starts with a clean sheet and every player is considered on his merits.
Best of luck to him and hope it works out really well for all of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 21 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next