Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:16 am

Crucially he's a superb coach. We've a lot of 6-7/10 promising and good young players with potential to go a couple of points above that with a two or three years of work. Thrilled. Fair play to county board, be interesting to see the back-room team.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 12:22 am

Great appointment. Well done to the CB.
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:52 am

fone wrote:
what a great appointment  by kildare county board  will  the passion back into kildare  gaa , won all ireland with  kerry and tipperary hurling   roll on 2016

Agree, outstanding appointment. Well done County Board.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:14 am

fone wrote:
what a great appointment  by kildare county board  will  the passion back into kildare  gaa , won all ireland with  kerry and tipperary hurling   roll on 2016

I actually think this decision was about a lot more than passion - it was about someone who knows how to train a team (physcially) and graduated from there to being a selector and involved in the tactical side. But most importantly it is about someone who has been surrounded by winners for 5 or 6 years... if anything the G Ryan appointment would have been more about passion and pride in the jersey etc...

I would have been relatively happy with either O'Neill or Ryan - just glad it's not Evans which seemed a strong possibility for a couple of hours this morning when Tommy Callaghan ruled Ryan out.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:26 am

Freddie i don't have any video evidence if that's what your looking for. But all i can say is and if you meet any of the 4 of them ask them. That was Glenn Ryans back room team. And again that is a fact. So if you don't want to believe me that up to yourself.
I don't know who proposed Glenn and his team or who proposed Cian O Neill.

I wish Cian the very best of luck and hopefully we'll start moving forward again.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 2:40 am

Credit where it's due, exciting appointment.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:44 am

a very encouraging appointment. Good to see that more than one application was considered but O Neill ticks all the boxes. Hopefully he now gets the backing he'll need from the county board and Kildare gaa fans in general, we really need to up the anti in the ways we raise money
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 3:56 am

Cian's given his first interview to KFM. Very articulate man...

Cian O’Neill – “I’m back to change the culture in Kildare Football”
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 4:59 am

Lads you have to say they c.b got there man this time last I tough he was a. none runner last time we were in dv3 micko came along. Hope for they best next year
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:45 am

You have to give credit where it is due and the CB have played a blinder in firstly to show the ambition to go after Cian and secondly to make sure it happened. 

He was my number one hope but I and most on here thought it was never a possibility. Exciting times ahead after a few years of doom and gloom.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 am

jim wrote:
Freddie i don't have any video evidence if that's what your looking for. But all i can say is and if you meet any of the 4 of them ask them. That was Glenn Ryans back room team. And again that is a fact. So if you don't want to believe me that up to yourself.

I wish Cian the  very best of luck and hopefully we'll start moving forward  again.

It IS a fact.

The Cian O'Neill thing was a pretty late development I think... I would say the only reason Glenn + the boys were rejected was because Cian was green for go. Otherwise it would have happened.

Hope they get a couple of early results to keep the mob off their backs.

Very articulate, good communicator and obviously his credentials as a coach (S&C initially, progressing to skills/game plan etc) are there to see.

With Joe Quaid for hurlers, a good day for the board.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 am

Fair play to the county board credit is definitely due here, exciting is an understatement. I would love Glenn, Johnny, Anthony, Brian or Dermot involved.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:37 am

A lot of people getting ahead of themselves over this appointment.

This will be his first real gig as No.1. People look at his CV and see Kerry, Mayo, Tipp hurlers etc and automatically think he's going to be the business. We have no where near the calibre of player that these counties have, if you think otherwise, you're deluded. I hope he's in it for the long hall and doesn't run off at the first sign of trouble, like a few of our players did this year.

I'm sure there's a lot of back slapping going on tonight within the CB. I hope they show as much enthusiasm in sorting our finances and the deplorable state of our county grounds.

Best of luck to Cian, nice interview with him earlier.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:56 am

Ogie don't forget your evidence for Freddie.

I also hear that Brian Murphy will not be part of the new management as he had a role in Glenns management. And just for Freddie im not 100% on that .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:04 am

Ogie wrote:
jim wrote:

I wish Cian the  very best of luck and hopefully we'll start moving forward  again.

It IS a fact.

The Cian O'Neill thing was a pretty late development I think... I would say the only reason Glenn + the boys were rejected was because Cian was green for go. Otherwise it would have happened.

Hope they get a couple of early results to keep the mob off their backs.

Very articulate, good communicator and obviously his credentials as a coach (S&C initially, progressing to skills/game plan etc) are there to see.

With Joe Quaid for hurlers, a good day for the board.

If it is like you and Jim say Ogie and it is fact. Why was Cian O Neill so late to the party. This position has been available in real terms since May.

Now if Ryan , Dermot Johnny and Rainbow were all in line for the job is it not poor judgement on behalf of the CB to move the goal posts at the last minute?

That's if it is what you 2 say it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:05 am

Has Eamom Fitzmaurice been confirmed by the Kerry clubs for another year yet?
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:17 am

I think he is Freddie.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:18 am

It's a fair slap in the face to Glenn johnny Anthony and Dermot.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:33 am

Fitzmaurice confirmed but no back up team. I'm told they only went after O Neill after the all Ireland
Back to top Go down
reichenhall
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 8:49 am

lillyboy wrote:
Fitzmaurice confirmed but no back up team. I'm told they only went after O Neill after the all Ireland

yeah, well that may or may not be true !....some might say CB waited... what with Cian's job in Cork etc...but if the deal is done...lets support Cian and whoever he selects as his backroom team....
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 10:37 am

Great appointment.

Here's the KFM interview: http://kildaretoday.podomatic.com/entry/2015-10-03T08_26_47-07_00
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 1:34 pm

Long interview with him from the GAA site a couple of years ago. Good read.

https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2406131229-training-smart-an-interview-with-cian-oneill/
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Long interview with him from the GAA site a couple of years ago. Good read.

https://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2406131229-training-smart-an-interview-with-cian-oneill/

I suppose I shouldn't harp on about him but can you ever imagine such a thoughtful, articulate interview with Jason Ryan? Cian certainly seems to know how to condition a team. Let's hope he's learned enough about tactics and coaching the football side from his time with Horan and Fitzmaurice. The Kildare squad so often looked naive and lacking in tactical cuteness (and it extends to our underage teams when they get out of Leinster), so hopefully he and his management team will bring that to the table.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:17 pm

jim wrote:
I also hear that Brian Murphy will not be part of the  new management as he had a role in Glenns management.

Hopefully this is not the case. Tommy Callaghan initially reported he would be part of the new management team but he hasn't been mentioned since. I think he would be a great man to have on board given his involvement with the underage teams over the past 5 or 6 years.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2015 7:35 pm

From talking to a few people last night, I don't think Murf will be a part of the set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 22 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 27  Next