Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Clare

Go down 
+29
Ohtoohtobe
kelf
steviegenius
Lily8
lilywhites on tour
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
TommyKeegan
murof
Ogie
tpos
lillyboy
jimmers
flourman
moatesports
Dinny Breen
kildaregaa365
MD
SeamusMurphy
bigball
Fizzer
Highball
White Bridge
Jimmy winning matches
jj
Rex
Flamingo
topcat
kickingking
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 7:15 am

Dinny Breen wrote:
Matthew Kelly is in college in the West of Ireland. We pretty much have the best players that can commit on the panel. Top of the league and people want to add to the squad, I think the current squad are doing well enough somehow.

+1 although we seem to be losing corner forwards like it's going out of fashion.

Our inside line was totally outplayed in the first half in Newry. Hopefully Healy will be back this week.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 7:27 am

That would be the only worry. Every time we had an injury in the forward line, we sprung an unknown and it worked a treat. That won't happen every time. When it's not going well will we have the firepower.

I'm hoping for dry weather. It's not rocket science but our level of performance is much better when we play muck quicker. See Meath , Cork and Fermanagh
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:55 am

Rex wrote:
That would be the only worry. Every time we had an injury in the forward line, we sprung an unknown and it worked a treat. That won't happen every time. When it's not going well will we have the firepower.

I'm hoping for dry weather. It's not rocket science but our level of performance is much better when we play muck quicker. See Meath , Cork and Fermanagh
the pitch was not dry for Fermanagh match
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 11:27 pm

no harm to keep young players in the loop and keep them watched any player who can add to the group should be welcome it also keeps all on their toes
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 12:51 am

moatesports wrote:
no harm to keep young players in the loop and keep them watched any player who can add to the group should be welcome it also keeps all on their toes

Disagree. Unless they are very close or genuinely worthy of a chance if it arises thry shouldn't be there. We've seen over the last few years thatvover inflated squads havevbeen of no benefit to us and in actual fact probably muddied the waters. I like the idea that management are going with a core group of players and it appears to be working so far. If a new player is introduced by them then great and that is likely to happen from time to time but shouldn't be a plethora brought in for the sake of it
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 1:05 am

Yeah in fairness for years there were lads who wouldn't make a match-day squad and would be out every year in the O'Byrne Cup. They wouldn't get any game time with clubs either.
Look we are top of the league so it must be working.

Any more fitness updates?

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 3:20 am

i did say could add to the group not just be on the panel everyone should be only there if good enough in the first instance
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 7:12 am

Very good interview with Kevin Feely on Joe.ie Gaa podcast. I know Parkinson is not everyone's​ cup of tea although he has grown on me but it was a good listen.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/gaa-hour-podcast-colm-parkinson-86719
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 7:40 am

Rex wrote:
he has grown on me

.. like a fungus
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:02 am

Maybe , but a good interview all the same.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:37 am

Team for Sunday v Clare ~ 3.15pm

Donellan, O'Grady, Hyland, Lyons, Byrne, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Moolick, Conway, Kelly, P Cribben,
Hartley, Flynn, McNally

Same starting 15 from last Saturday
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:43 am

How does mcNally start after taken off halftime last Saturday . I am wrong Hartley plays Conor back for Sarsfields
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:47 am

Hartley is a very versatile young footballer but half forward is probably his best position. 3-15 start?
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:49 am

Yes 3.15 as the hurling v London is on first.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:52 am

fone wrote:
How does mcNally start after taken off halftime last Saturday . I am wrong Hartley plays Conor back for Sarsfields

Often they just name the same team if there's a few injury worries. Hopefully Healy back as neither Hartley or McNally are corner forwards. Would prefer to see Kelly or Leper in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 8:57 am

Hurling is on in Clane though?!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 9:06 am

umpireonditch wrote:
clane 1 pm. Clocks go forward this weekend
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 9:36 am

jimmers wrote:
Team for Sunday v Clare ~ 3.15pm

Donellan, O'Grady, Hyland, Lyons, Byrne, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Moolick, Conway, Kelly, P Cribben,
Hartley, Flynn, McNally

Same starting 15 from last Saturday

McNally had a terrible time of it last day, he's game and willing to work hard but not composed or accurate enough for a corner forward position. Hopefully Healy or Slattery are fit. We've dogged it out through injuries until now, one final push needed.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 11:04 am

As everyone knows, I was a big advocate for that group mentioned by Bigball plus a few others getting a run earlier in the year - a fairly innocuous suggestion treated like a war crime by some on here.

Anyway, working with this group has been very successful for O'Neill - far more successful than I would have anticipated - and it's not going to change much for the rest of the year. I actually don't have a problem with that, but that group mentioned above plus a few more definitely worth keeping an eye on over the next few years... Believe me, it's where the next Healy / McCormack / N Flynn will emerge from.

Like everyone, hoping for the Ireland/Kildare double this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:28 pm

Ah sure we are all friends now!
Messing aside I genuinely think it's great to be actually talking about pure football and selections and what is happening on here again instead of looking backwards.

I will say McNally is a great inside man for the club but his main thing at county is his work rate and speed carrying the ball, so if that team is the 15 that goes out you would imagine him out the field.

One good thing is that there is a very settled team in terms of the roles so any injuries there isn't a massive reconfiguration. The spine of the team is well settled.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 pm

That is a good point about the spine. How long have we said the best teams have a strong spine down the middle. It was something we could not get right. It seems we might be developing quite a formidable one our selves.

Donnellan
Hyland
Doyle
Feely Moolick
Kelly
Flynn

That looks decent to me and it has done well on the pitch.
If we can keep that for more games than not, we should do ok.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:40 pm

The two corner forwards are more accustomed to dropping deep, which leaves us limited in the scoring stakes.. am I right in saying only one forward kicked a point against Down ?, albeit a shity night.. conditions look like they'll be far more favourable for Sunday tg.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 2:18 am

umpireonditch wrote:

what the... ???

With one of the best pitches in the country for drainage surely we could host a double header and give the hurlers some exposure?

I was sure it was a double header when I saw the two start times - sorry

Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 2:19 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
The two corner forwards are more accustomed to dropping deep, which leaves us limited in the scoring stakes.. am I right in saying only one forward kicked a point against Down ?, albeit a shity night.. conditions look like they'll be far more favourable for Sunday tg.

You are right - and it took 63 minutes (Cribbin). To be fair one scored two goals as well but the point is well made.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2017 3:07 am

And the two goals were massive scores.. I'm just a bit concerned we're running out of inside scoring forwards, especially if the goals don't come.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Clare
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next