Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

club championship 2018

Go down 
+71
Kildare98
bite the pillow
realmoore
TheManInTheStands
All down the line
maccie
Sam1928
Onhisboot
ToePoke
Botch
Seanymac
jobluts
Fizzer
reichenhall
Snowwhite
micky murphy
LillieLad
kildarecat
DONTPULLOUT
totalgaa
tpos
Anyonebutthedubs
Eddieboy
losthope
fatherted
Liffey Likes
Flamingo
Sidelineball
lilysavage
Celbridgelad
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
white boy
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
Curraghplains
kildaregaa365
lomond
moatesports
Horsebox
murof
Fear An Geata
Kildare Castle
Bángoléir
lilywhites on tour
Big Full Back
kickingking
Caprea
Cilldara_2000
Yoyo
bigball
greenergrass
White Bridge
steviegenius
parcel
shoutitout
Onechance
Ogie
topcat
Frankel
lillyboy
jim
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
jimmers
SeamusMurphy
sarsno1
bloodsub
Jimmy winning matches
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

club championship 2018 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 1:21 am

I don't know whats worse Moorefield supporters on here been nice for the sake of been nice, for fear of been called sore losers, open up and say what you really feel, that ref was riding Moorefield before he even blew the first whistle, sick of refs like that. the ones who referee a match and give the team they want to win every goddamn thing its so bloody obvious.

Prejudicial refereeing is a scourge on the GAA, I'm sick to my stomach of these so called refs, they stink, if you can't referee a match without prejudice then you should never have been put anywhere near a whistle.

A little bit of editing if you think I'm talking trough my ass as regards refs who wouldn't dare be prejudicial, when at times it almost became a hobby, stand up Barry Kelly, the only guy to ever send off Henry Shefflin in an almost spotless career, but who can ever forget when the Tipp back pretty much frontal charged Brian Hogan as he was about to put over the winning point, takes some doing to leave Brian on his back, free in all day long?

Nope free against the guy who is still flat on the ground from the pure frontal assault charge, lucky from Kilkennys point of view it drifted wide and they won the replay handy, but that was pretty much the greatest example ever of prejudicial refereeing.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 4:25 am

I suppose there may be just a difference of opinion on the refs performance. From where I was he got one big call wrong (penalty at the end), didn’t see too many major errors other that that. He did let things go, that just happened to suit Portlaoise better yesterday as they brought a level of aggression and physicality that I haven’t seen them play with before.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 am

You can suggest Moorefield are cynical in Kildare and still support them in Leinster. I've honestly never met one Kildare fan to be anti the county Champions when they get out of Kildare. KFM and local papers do a great job in that regard of creating support throughout the county.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 8:56 am

There is animosity in the county because none of the other teams can grow a pair & wrestle title away from Newbridge.

And unfortunately the rest of the county needs to get used to it cos it’s not going to change.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:19 pm

kildarecat wrote:
I don't know whats worse Moorefield supporters on here been nice for the sake of been nice, for fear of been called sore losers, open up and say what you really feel, that ref was riding Moorefield before he even blew the first whistle, sick of refs like that. the ones who referee a match and give the team they want to win every goddamn thing its so bloody obvious.

Prejudicial refereeing is a scourge on the GAA, I'm sick to my stomach of these so called refs, they stink, if you can't referee a match without prejudice then you should never have been put anywhere near a whistle.

A little bit of editing if you think I'm talking trough my ass as regards refs who wouldn't dare be prejudicial, when at times it almost became a hobby, stand up Barry Kelly, the only guy to ever send off Henry Shefflin in an almost spotless career, but who can ever forget when the Tipp back pretty much frontal charged Brian Hogan as he was about to put over the winning point, takes some doing to leave Brian on his back, free in all day long?

Nope free against the guy who is still flat on the ground from the pure frontal assault charge, lucky from Kilkennys point of view it drifted wide and they won the replay handy, but that was pretty much the greatest example ever of prejudicial refereeing.

God almighty the match was sixty odd minutes long. Yes it’s one decision that went against you as you perceive it but others would say no it wasn’t a penalty. Still no guarantee that it would have been scored either. I wasn’t at the game but I’m only going on what I’m reading and from listening to both KFM and RTE,not once was it mentioned Moorefield were rode by the ref so I think you’re ploughing a lonely furrow. 1-03 was conceded by Moorefield’s own mistakes so maybe that’s where the problems lie.

Moorefield are a team I admire and they have been great champions both in Kildare and Leinster over the last 12-14 months. They rightly deserve a well earned break and I’m sure they’ll come back stronger again and be ready for the fight to retain their title and have another crack at Leinster.

As for your scourge of the GAA...... I think you need to take a breath and relax a bit oh and to rid the game of these scourges.... Maybe take up the whistle and start the revolution.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 7:01 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

God almighty the match was sixty odd minutes long. Yes it’s one decision that went against you as you perceive it but others would say no it wasn’t a penalty. Still no guarantee that it would have been scored either. I wasn’t at the game but I’m only going on what I’m reading and from listening to both KFM and RTE,not once was it mentioned Moorefield were rode by the ref so I think you’re ploughing a lonely furrow. 1-03 was conceded by Moorefield’s own mistakes so maybe that’s where the problems lie.

Moorefield are a team I admire and they have been great champions both in Kildare and Leinster over the last 12-14 months. They rightly deserve a well earned break and I’m sure they’ll come back stronger again and be ready for the fight to retain their title and have another crack at Leinster.

As for your scourge of the GAA...... I think you need to take a breath and relax a bit oh and to rid the game of these scourges.... Maybe take up the whistle and start the revolution.

Well it seems Ross wasn't too happy himself as regards the incident and the refs performance as a whole!.

http://www.hoganstand.com/Article/Index/292494
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Just a general point - GAA & soccer are my games and I seriously think we need to cool the temperature around the refs in both codes. Jesus there was that story over the weekend about the soccer ref in Westmeath who’s currently in hospital drinking through a straw.

I think there’s an atmosphere of violence at these games that might spiral out of control to a degree people might seriously regret sometime. Refs are only trying to do their job & we should probably have a bit more respect for them. That’s all I’m saying. Preachy moralistic post over!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Moorefield didn't loose to Portlaoise because of the referee Kildarecat.
We lost because of underperforming and mistakes in the first half combined with some key players not fully fit, Adam taking a bad knock to his hand and Portlaoise playing superbly in the first half. The 3 points they tacked on in a row after our goal was a big statement too and that ultimately won them the game. If we kept our momentum there we may have sneaked it.

I cant see how you can ignore all that and focus on the ref.

This team can go on and win another championship and challenge for Leinster again. Plenty of optimism for 2019 despite the tough defeat on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 11:57 pm

I think we are going to have a big problem with Refs in the near future after what happen with the chap in Westmeath. The abuse they get at games both Gaa soccer is crazy but the worse of all is at underage games its unbelievable what happens on the sidelines sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 1:05 am

It's people like kildarecat that make Moorefield so unlikable. A great team, unquestionably, but their supporters are a pain in the arse to listen to.

Moorefield against the world. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 am

Taibi wrote:
It's people like kildarecat that make Moorefield so unlikable. A great team, unquestionably, but their supporters are a pain in the arse to listen to.

Nothing like a good aul sweeping generalisation there Taibi.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 2:57 am

Taibi wrote:

Anything I've said I'll stand by 100%, prejudicial refereeing is a scourge, was it 2010 Moorefield v Portlaoise, this game should be used as a training video on how not to referee a GAA game without prejudice.

This was the game after the famous Moorefield supporter hitting the ref for that dodgy penalty against Tyrellspass, stand up the next referee from Cavan I think?, hell bent on righting a wrong for his fellow ref, even the Portlaoise fans were almost emabarrassed such was the saddling Moorefield got that day, how Moorefield only lost by 3 pints after the ref used not one but two saddles is still a mystery to this day, and of course Darryl Flynn was always going to get sent off when Moorefield were all over Portlaoise wasn't he? the second yellow comical?.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 3:12 am

kildarecat wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Anything I've said I'll stand by 100%, prejudicial refereeing is a scourge, was it 2010 Moorefield v Portlaoise, this game should be used as a training video on how not to referee a GAA game without prejudice.

This was the game after the famous Moorefield supporter hitting the ref for that dodgy penalty against Tyrellspass, stand up the next referee from Cavan I think?, hell bent on righting a wrong for his fellow ref, even the Portlaoise fans were almost emabarrassed such was the saddling Moorefield got that day, how Moorefield only lost by 3 pints after the ref used not one but two saddles is still a mystery to this day, and of course Darryl Flynn was always going to get sent off when Moorefield were all over Portlaoise wasn't he? the second yellow comical?.

Kildarecat, you are right in that if and when it occurs prejudicial refereeing is appalling but I just don't believe Moorefield were on the receiving end of such last Sunday. I wasn't at the game in 2010 which you sight above so can't comment on that at all.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 3:35 am

topcat wrote:
kildarecat wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Kildarecat, you are right in that if and when it occurs prejudicial refereeing is appalling but I just don't believe Moorefield were on the receiving end of such last Sunday. I wasn't at the game in 2010 which you sight above so can't comment on that at all.

But the ref on Sunday decided in his strange wisdom not to award Moorefield a stonewall penalty they deserved, yes you point out other incidents where Moorefield lost the game, but it does not hide the fact that they should've had a penalty, if its a penalty then its a penalty so why wasn't it given, answer me that?.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 4:09 am

I can’t answer that, I wasn’t the referee. It is one of 2 things, the ref didn’t have a good view and wasn’t convinced it was a penalty or he had a great view and felt it wasn’t a foul. A conspiracy theory re that he decided before the game that he would rather Portlaoise win I am sorry I am not having it.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 5:55 am

Re the abuse refs get, clubs are really have to do more to control their mentors and supporters/ parents. It's a stain on our games and stops people getting involved.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2018 11:32 pm

LIFC Club Semi-Finals
9. Shamrocks (Offaly) v Horeswood (Wexford) 24.11.2018
10. Two Mile House (Kildare) v Courtwood (Laois) 24.11.2018

LJFC Club Semi-Finals
10. Tullogher Rosbercon (Kilkenny) v Young Irelands (Louth) 24.11.2018
11. Milltown (Kildare) v St Brigids (Offaly) 24.11.2018

Best of luck to both. Anyone know much about standard of opponents and others in their bracket?
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 12:19 am

I'd be shocked if Two Mile House were beaten by Courtwood. Courtwood are a small club who will battle until the end but wouldn't have the quality Two Mile House have. Niall Donoher at centre forward will be their main player. Danny Luttrell has played a bit with Laois as well and they have a few players who have played minor and under 21 recently. They played Portlaoise in a challenge game a few weeks ago and were beaten by about 30 points. Straffan beat them in the Leinster junior championship a few years ago.

I wonder has any club won Leinster titles at Junior and Intermediate before?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 12:33 am

Thanks Bloodsub, fingers crossed so.

Wolfe Tones won junior in 2003 and intermediate very next year.
Nobber won junior in 2002, lost intermediate in 2010 to Ballymore.
Outside that no one close.
Back to top Go down
Bigfullforward
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 2:39 am

Based in Laois as I am, I wouldn't read much into the Straffan win over Courtwood 4 years ago. I think they (Courtwood) only have 6 or 7 of that team left.
But I do expect TMH to beat them well. They won't have enough decent defenders to handle Casey, Healy or Sharry.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 pm

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be celebrating another leinster success (or even two!)

Best of luck to both teams over the coming weeks - Knowing a couple of ppl involved in both camps, they are well and truly focused on these campaigns. County victories have been put to bed and Leinster is the target.

Hard luck to Moorefield last week end - They aren't far off.

Those who bemoan the standard in Kildare club football take note.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 5:18 am

Absolute privelidge to be In conleths Park today for u/21 A final, Clane eventually winning by a goal after extra time. Congratulations to both teams.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2018 6:47 am

Great entertainment on offer today with both the A and B finals going to extra time
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 2:41 am

Some fixture scheduling having Miltown and Two Mile House playing at the same time in pitches five minutes apart. Surely could have gone for a half 12, half 2 job? Or even 12 and 2? I'd imagine there are people would have fancied taking in the two games?
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2018 2:47 am

Agreed. Caught the tail end of the B final along with the A final. Exceptional from Jack Robinson while Naas and Clane can't seem to do anything other than deliver great matches at underage level. Fantastic for the time of year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

club championship 2018
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next