Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

club championship 2018

Go down 
+71
Kildare98
bite the pillow
realmoore
TheManInTheStands
All down the line
maccie
Sam1928
Onhisboot
ToePoke
Botch
Seanymac
jobluts
Fizzer
reichenhall
Snowwhite
micky murphy
LillieLad
kildarecat
DONTPULLOUT
totalgaa
tpos
Anyonebutthedubs
Eddieboy
losthope
fatherted
Liffey Likes
Flamingo
Sidelineball
lilysavage
Celbridgelad
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
white boy
Taibi
lily4fr
TheBigDog#
Curraghplains
kildaregaa365
lomond
moatesports
Horsebox
murof
Fear An Geata
Kildare Castle
Bángoléir
lilywhites on tour
Big Full Back
kickingking
Caprea
Cilldara_2000
Yoyo
bigball
greenergrass
White Bridge
steviegenius
parcel
shoutitout
Onechance
Ogie
topcat
Frankel
lillyboy
jim
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
jimmers
SeamusMurphy
sarsno1
bloodsub
Jimmy winning matches
75 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

club championship 2018 - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 5:13 am

That shamrocks team were absolutely atrocious. Most decent team s would have beaten them by double figures. I suppose the substitutions by Ross would have made up his mind as to who is able to compete at this level.
Back to top Go down
maccie
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 7:55 am

Just see result from u21. clane 2-17 moorefield 1-9. masterson and healy did not play for Moors, must have eyes on bigger prize v Portlaoise or were they injured on Sunday. Clane out against Celbridge at weekend in next round.
Back to top Go down
ToePoke
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2018 8:21 am

I don’t agree with being disappointed with Moorefield Sunday but certainly see where it’s coming from as they should never have let Shamrocks back into the game. It never seemed that they would ever lose but there is improvements to be made. Only 4 points in the second half although the forward line was almost unrecognisable to the one that started.
However a six point win over Shamrocks isn’t anything to be turning your nose to, they beat Tyrrellspass in the semis and then St. Lomans who were going for 4 in a row. All this while having a week turn around from the Athy game & without some players. I know of Mark Dempsey being injured but Sean Healy didn’t feature at all and Heavey only came on.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2018 10:39 pm

Think the Shamrocks match a week after the county final and other things was just about getting over the line no matter how they done it....... obviously big test against Portlaoise which I will judge them after
Back to top Go down
jobluts
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 7:28 am

Wondering how much will be squeezed out of us tomorrow by the county board. I know prices are supposed to be set by leinster but 10 e in mullingar. They will surely make something up
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 1:58 am

Portlaoise dominant at midfield winning the aerial battle and hoovering up most of the breaks. Too many Moorefield passes inaccurate and wrong option.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:34 am

All down the line wrote:
Portlaoise dominant at midfield winning the aerial battle and hoovering up most of the breaks. Too many Moorefield passes inaccurate and wrong option.

I know there is many in Kildare who are happy Moorefield lost, and thats not Sarsfields fans, but seriously that ref rode Moorefield with 2 saddles?

Not to mention our Goalkeepers handed Portlaoise 1-3 lost by 3 playing shit, a game on another day Moorefield could've won comfartably, Portlaoise will get murdered next time.

Bottled the penalty the Moorfield player about to pull the trigger, dragged back, a penalty any other day of the week!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:56 am

Dublin ref, we pretty much never had a chance when that comes up?

Rode us all day, every time Mooorefield were getting a head of steam, oh free for Portlaoise, slowed downed the game almost like clock work, Mooorefield were never winning with such prejudicial refereeing, and of course your not allowed say that because you might be called a sore loser, but sometimes prejudicial refereeing is glossed over, not a thing will ever be done about it?.

Moorefield should've had a penalty in the last few minutes, player about to pull the trigger Jersey is pulled, Penalty all day??/

But not a penalty if you're the many who hate Moorefield, and you're from KILDARE??
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 6:25 am

Can’t believe people are blaming the ref on here .. Moorefield lacked serious pace around the middle and in transition. No subs brought on that made any impact, would of liked to see Ryan Moore introduced, think the lacked real pace and power and direct running from the middle.. Daryll taken off and righty so, Cian and Roli should of followed soon after. Kevin Murnaghan was out on his feet. Eddie Heavey looked unfit. Adam Tyrell touted as the counties best forward couldn’t shake off Seale and operated around the middle third in the second half. And besides all that, they still could of won. Goalkeeping errors cost them massively but I don’t think they deserved to win regardless , the Moore’s goal was soft enough too. Both Healy’s were immense Liam from the off and Sean when he was introduced. Phillips was probably introduced a few minutes too late but they only kicked the ball in once and nearly made hay from it. Don’t think it was a penalty personally. Disappointed to see Moorefield defeated but I don’t think they ever looked like winning. PortLaoise had strong showings from Lillis and McEvoy around the middle and Gareth Dillon is a classy player combined with Cahillane and the evergreen Bruno McCormack I don’t think Kilmacaud will brush them off too easily. It’s been a long 22 or so months for Moorefield they deserve a well earned rest.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 6:41 am

How can you not blame this ref, he had Kildare wiped from the start, Moorefield were rode never had a chance from the beginning only one team was ever going to win today, sick to my stomach of prejudicial refereeing!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 6:56 am

I don’t think the ref had a major bearing on the result to be honest, having said that I did think it was a penalty at the end. Portlaoise got dominance around the middle particularly McEvoy who I felt physically dominated both Daryl and Cian O Connor. I also thought Gareth Dillon was huge for Portlaoise. I thought Eanna had a very good second half for Moorefield and kicked som e very good scores.

It looked to me that Moorefield were tired and possibly surprised at the level of physicality Portlaoise brought today. Moorefield probably have 5-6 points in hand at least on all other teams in Kildare so every chance they get another shot at it next year.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 am

Tired?, I won't take that, Moorefield were fully up for this game today big time, never had a prayer, prejudicial refereeing is a scourge on the GAA as a whole, as I said before this guy was not going give Moorefield as much as a sneeze, well done Moorefiled you done your best, that ref literally had you bet before you even began!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:09 am

The fucker was almost in pain to give Moorefield a free, sickening prejudice, no doubt the Moorefield haters in Kildare will call me a sore loser, but serioiusly guys this ref saddled Moorefield?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am

Moorfield dreadful in first half. Left too much to do but battled hard in 2nd. Shame they blew the goal chance at the end. Better team won though overall.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:15 am

Jesus get over your 'Haters' chip on shoulder.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:26 am

Better team won. No complaints. Actually thought the ref was fair for the most part. There will always be decisions people question. It would have been a soft penalty. Some bad decisions(Flynn free early in game, punch by keeper and basics Handpass/kickass in last 10) all were punished by Portloaise. They had there homework done, great pace around the middle and mopped up lots of breaking ball.

Fair play to Ross for switching keeper at HT, it was the right decision but one you rarely see done. Thought Phillips and McDermott could have been brought on earlier in the game, especially as we were lobbing in ball to NHL and Eanna.

Great battle between Dempsey and Cahillane all day, well earned rest for the lads now
This will hurt for a while.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:38 am

Sorry Kildarecat i know you're disappointed but i don't know where you're getting the idea that any Kildare fans would be happy with Moorefield losing today. Once the Kildare champions go into Leinster and National competition you become a Kildare club fan. I'm from Naas and have friends from many clubs around the county and have never heard anyone say down through the years that they weren't rooting for whoever was representing the county.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:23 pm

bite the pillow wrote:
Sorry Kildarecat i know you're disappointed but i don't know where you're getting the idea that any Kildare fans would be happy with Moorefield losing today. Once the Kildare champions go into Leinster and National competition you become a Kildare club fan. I'm from Naas and have friends from many clubs around the county and have never heard anyone say down through the years that they weren't rooting for whoever was representing the county.

Now that I've calmed down a little on the morning after, I know many in Kildare were willing Moorefield all the best yesterday, but there still remains a pocket of Kildare GAA supporters who absolutely despise Moorefield as a club particularly in South Kildare, they will of course deny this fact, but the accusations of cynicism after the county final pretty much nailed their colours to the mast.

And in reply to the Real Moore what constitutes a soft penalty when the foul quite clearly stopped the Moorefield player getting his shot on goal?, and then to compound matters the Portlaoise keeper pretty much smothered the ball after that, was Tom Corley not penalised in the first half for something similar?.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Ur right Kildarecat he did smother the ball but did so inside small square which is permitted. Tom did it in the large square which is against the rules and the ref correctly awarded a free against Tom and ordered play on when Brody did it at the end.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:45 pm

topcat wrote:
Ur right Kildarecat he did smother the ball but did so inside small square which is permitted. Tom did it in the large square which is against the rules and the ref correctly awarded a free against Tom and ordered play on when Brody did it at the end.

But I remember Tom Corley getting penalised in his small rectangle against Tyrellspass or Garycastle in Mullingar my memory is a little off?, for what the ref deemed over carrying I presume, which led to a penalty that ultimately decided a tight contest, the Portlaoise keeper seemed to have been over that ball for what seemed an eternity before bulldosing his way out, charging with the ball more like?, but thanks for clearing that up as regards the small rectangle rule.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Yep I believe Tom was done for overcarrying in the small square against Tyrellspass, the ref yesterday must have felt Brody didn't overcarry or charge with the ball.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 8:35 pm

topcat wrote:
Yep I believe Tom was done for overcarrying in the small square against Tyrellspass, the ref yesterday must have felt Brody didn't overcarry or charge with the ball.

If the initial foul was outside the square no doubt it was a free all day long, but considering he pretty much gave Moorefield nothing much more than a few titbits to chew on comapared to the lavish feast he gave Portlaoise in the foul department, he was always going to bottle the penalty!.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 10:27 pm

The referee had no bearing on the result yesterday. Lets park that one.

Portlaoise owned the first half and we were off the pace all over the pitch.
Sadly the goalkeeping errors were severely punished. That's the level you are operating at now. I feel for Tommy this morning. The 1-2 or 1-3 that resulted from mistakes ultimately cost us the game.

When we finally got up to speed we more than matched them and could have stolen a draw at the end but it would have been a steal. Portlaoise deserved it and that pains me a lot as someone who resides there but they were waiting for this chance for 12 months after last year.

They are a hardened Leinster club team. They get to grace that stage pretty much every year. 11 out of the last 12 senior championships in Laois.

The Moores fought back well in the 2nd half but the damage was done in the first half. It was a huge lead to try and pin back.

They have been going at it without a break for the guts of two years now. 2 championships and a Leinster title. Plenty to be proud of. A well earned rest indeed. The majority of the team will be there again next year. Best of luck to Portlaoise. They are a good team and it will take a good team to beat them in Leinster.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 11:42 pm

Have never said this on here before – never wanted to be accused of bias etc – but Moorefield are my local club & no WAY did we deserve that yesterday.

Played off the pitch in first half. Threw kitchen sink at it in second half but left ourselves with too much to do and, particularly towards the end, it all got a bit panicky. Probably should have had peno at the end, but if we'd scored it & tagged on a point would have been the heist job of all time.

But realistically, we'll back soon enough. Sarsfields under Davy will be formidable next year and they will be the only team who get anywhere close. Athy, Celbridge and JTB all have buckets of talent but they all shit their pants when it comes to the crunch – Moorefield's most precious quality is their resolve and calmness in tight situations.

So, expect the Newbridge hegemony to continue for another decade, and we will be having a few more tilts at Leinster. With the likes of Dempsey and Masterson only set to get better, we'll be very competitive as well. Can definitely see us winning another one.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 12:40 am

Sam1928 wrote:
The referee had no bearing on the result yesterday. Lets park that one.

Portlaoise owned the first half and we were off the pace all over the pitch.
Sadly the goalkeeping errors were severely punished. That's the level you are operating at now. I feel for Tommy this morning. The 1-2 or 1-3 that resulted from mistakes ultimately cost us the game.

When we finally got up to speed we more than matched them and could have stolen a draw at the end but it would have been a steal. Portlaoise deserved it and that pains me a lot as someone who resides there but they were waiting for this chance for 12 months after last year.

They are a hardened Leinster club team. They get to grace that stage pretty much every year. 11 out of the last 12 senior championships in Laois.

The Moores fought back well in the 2nd half but the damage was done in the first half. It was a huge lead to try and pin back.

They have been going at it without a break for the guts of two years now. 2 championships and a Leinster title. Plenty to be proud of. A well earned rest indeed. The majority of the team will be there again next year. Best of luck to Portlaoise. They are a good team and it will take a good team to beat them in Leinster.

Of course the ref had a bearing on the match he didn't give Moorefield a stonewall penalty, regardless its a penalty, so the ref had an absolute huge bearing on the match!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: club championship 2018   club championship 2018 - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

club championship 2018
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next