Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted

Go down 
+58
lillyboy
kelf
LillieLad
shortgrass
Ogie
Ohtoohtobe
Flamingo
walsheman
squire
Cmonthelillies
Goff28
intheback
learmus
Jimmy winning matches
topcat
micky murphy
inexile
Dinny Breen
flourman
Gaa1928
fatherted
Frankel
Onechance
lilysavage
Big Full Back
Borderline
lilywhites on tour
kildaregaa365
Xavi
Fear An Geata
kickingking
Taibi
SeamusMurphy
rgb
bigball
All down the line
Twentyeight
shoeshine
Cranky
murof
jimmers
Highball
totalgaa
Captain1928
Liffey Likes
tomoneillandhissisteranne
shoutitout
if_in_doubt
jj
TommyKeegan
hawker
Sam1928
Fizzer
Cilldara_2000
Rex
KILL BILL
Kildare98
FearBan
62 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
All-Star
All-Star

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:04 am

I've rung Hawkfiekd and four officers' numbers in past hour - no reply. I ha e this awful feeling we are going to be disgraced again by the Co Board. Still think we should try to get people to meet at Conleth's at the time of the match
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
On one hand it should be down to the county board and the team to decide if they refuse to play but this all extra distraction and pressure on players, if they decide to forego the game then we should stand behind them. Issue needs to be resolved fast and get back to the game preparation. Either way well done gaa, protection of your second love child mayo is important and causing such distractions in Kildare has surely benifited mayo already to ensure you get your box office final.

I disagree - I don't think Mayo want this either and I think financially GAA will lose on Croker because Mayo and Kildare fans will stay away in droves
Back to top Go down
Captain1928
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:06 am

This is the last straw with the GAA. I thought they had one molecule of decency left, but that's it. Their second cash cow being looked after once again (of course, why wouldn't they be). Honestly think we could really have made a game of it in Conleths, but we haven't beaten a 'big' team in Croker since.... lost track to be honest. Would be even sweeter to beat Mayo in Croker of course, but don't see it happening.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:11 am

The more I think about it – it's Newbridge or concede. Would hopefully be a watershed moment.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:22 am

Keep us updated Tom. I've a feeling they won't answer though. Hints of deal behind the scenes and now they are caught out and trying to save face as they didn't expect the backlash. I'm getting GAA promo emails now, and this is down for Croke Park. Sky organised for there as well. Don't think it'll move.

Imperative if we have any care for the game, the championship, the GAA, team and players show up in Conleth's on Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:27 am

Will do - it's time the CB; the management and the team stood up to this and they will have huge support from fans if they do....and irrespective of the outcome, I'd be urging people to turn up at Conleth's on the day
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
Keep us updated Tom. I've a feeling they won't answer though. Hints of deal behind the scenes and now they are caught out and trying to save face as they didn't expect the backlash. I'm getting GAA promo emails now, and this is down for Croke Park. Sky organised for there as well. Don't think it'll move.

Imperative if we have any care for the game, the championship, the GAA, team and players show up in Conleth's on Saturday night.

Ye it's not nice to be caught in this but enough is enough. Feel for players and management but id8love them to issue a strong statement
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:31 am

This really is a disgrace and shows the power of money. While it is all well and noble to ask the players to forfeit the game is it really fair to ask them this after 6 months or more of hard training and putting their lives on hold. Make no mistake this game will go ahead at 7pm on Saturday in Croke Park.
But we could protest that is with Supporters and Co Board by putting a big Screen or 2 in St Conleths and ask all supporters not to attend Croke Park but to come to Conleths watch the game. The team would know Conleths would be full with supporters and I am sure Sky (who are broadcasting the game) and all new agencies would certainly take up the story and further red faces for the GAA Hierarchy in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:32 am

If players decide not to play everyone will support them and would be absolute mortification for GAA. Time to take a stand.

Also, think we should start emailing county board, GAA, everyone and let them know this game should be in Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 am

totalgaa wrote:
This really is a disgrace and shows the power of money. While it is all well and noble to ask the players to forfeit the game is it really fair to ask them this after 6 months or more of hard training and putting their lives on hold. Make no mistake this game will go ahead at 7pm on Saturday in Croke Park.
But we could protest that is with Supporters and Co Board by putting a big Screen or 2 in St Conleths and ask all supporters not to attend Croke Park but to come to Conleths watch the game. The team would know Conleths would be full with supporters and I am sure Sky (who are broadcasting the game) and all new agencies would certainly take up the story and further red faces for the GAA Hierarchy in Croke Park.    

Understand work players put in and horrible situation, but GAA has already disadvantaged them twice by breaking own rules. They have taken home advantage and left our squad with this distraction. So team need to ask themselves are they training for six months each season to be treated badly and as second-class citizens so the GAA can make money?

Thus, after all that training, I think it's imperative they refuse to play.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 am

Believe me if counties outside the elite tier keep up putting up with this crap the GAA will keep shovelling it our way. Enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:40 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
If players decide not to play everyone will support them and would be absolute mortification for GAA. Time to take a stand.

Also, think we should start emailing county board, GAA, everyone and let them know this game should be in Newbridge.
I've left voice messages and texts on four Co Board officers phones - Hawkfield ringing out.
I for one would be willing to pay in on Sat at Conleth's and see the team take their place, put a few bob in the kitty
It used to be the Co Board ran things; then it Was Croke Park; now it's Sky - have no doubt about it
Do the CB have the necessary cojones?  We shall see but I'm reminded of that famous statement at the planning tribunal - "Did you get a receipt?" "Did I fcuk!"
If it's in Newbridge and I can't get a ticket, so be it. If it's in Croke Park I won't be going anyway!
Put a tv in the car park outside Conleth's - Kildare and Mayo fans get along - there won't be a problem there.....but that tribunal quote keeps coming back to me .......
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:41 am

John Fogarty (The Examiner) seems to think the county board will release a fairly strong statement in the next hour or two saying they will only play this game in Newbridge.

I hope he is correct.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:44 am

I honestly don't give a flying f**k whether I can get a ticket to this game – although I am part of a dwindling band of GAA people who believe some things are more important than money.

County board – release that statement, take the nuclear option. We're all standing shoulder to shoulder with you.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:46 am

Surveying social media reaction, this story has basically burned down the internet. Good, serves that shower in GAA HQ right.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:47 am

PM'd you there Tommy.....hearing tickets already on sale for Croke Park?
Still urge fans to come to Conleth's
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 2:53 am

We all need to stand strong on this together, Newbridge or nowhere !
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:03 am

The most depressing words in Kildare GAA are "double header in croke park".

How many times over the most recent years have we effectively been shafted out of home advantage. Multiple league games , various championship encounters.

Enough is enough - Fingers crossed this strongly worded statement is "Newbridge or Nowhere" or to that effect
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:04 am

Statement due imminently that Kildare will refuse to concede home advantage. KFM and Newstalk report.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:11 am

I'm told money dangled before CB and they took it, and now seeing the backlash they have to save face.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:14 am

If they could not have foreseen a public backlash well that’s just embarrassing in itself ....

However , in saying that , if they have now grown a pair and refuse to concede home advantage then that’s positive ...

There’s legs in this one yet ..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:21 am

TommyKeegan wrote:
I'm told money dangled before CB and they took it, and now seeing the backlash they have to save face.

That's a scandal in itself... It wouldn't surprise me – but let's go back to that one. For the time being let's see if we can get this back in Newbridge.

This being Kildare GAA, we'll have to proceed one disgrace at a time!
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:30 am

It''s not before time some county took a stand on this issue. Wicklow should have done so this year and Laois last year. It's ironic the gaa considered Portlaoise unsuitable for Laois home game against Dublin but yet it was ok for Wicklows game with Dublin. This action by the gaa will force all counties with small capacity like Kildare, Meath, Carlow, Longford etc to build big stands (white elephants) in the event that they get one high profile home game. Some county had to take a hard line in this issue because in the unlikely event that Kildare do make super 8 then that home game is gone too where's Dublin are guaranteed 2 home games. Everything to ensure the elite counties thrive
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:49 am

NEWBRIDGE OR NOWHERE

simples
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2018 3:53 am

Still waiting on this statement bounce

There’d be a serious case for an injunction or something like that here. The rules are clear. Rounds 1, 2 and 3, the first drawn team have home advantage. I see nothing that says unless CCCCCCCCC decides otherwise.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted   Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Kildare Fans To Be Counted
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next