Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

O'Byrne Cup 2019

Go down 
+21
lomond
Kildaretothebone
topcat
murof
KILL BILL
Twentyeight
Shergar
White Bridge
Rex
flourman
Kildaremad
moatesports
Taibi
learmus
shoutitout
tomoneillandhissisteranne
lillyboy
Gaa1928
Curraghplains
SeamusMurphy
jimmers
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

O'Byrne Cup 2019 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2019   O'Byrne Cup 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 12:02 pm

Did Kevin o Callaghan get any game time Folks ?.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2019   O'Byrne Cup 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2019 9:25 pm

O'Callaghan also injured alongside Kevin Flynn and Archibald.

I wouldn't be as quick as Cian to give lads a pass on the basis that they were tired from hard training lately. I know our lads were allowed back to training 6 weeks after the likes of Westmeath had already started but still..... Sunday confirmed suspicions that we would have had about players who are up to it and players who are not. 3 - 5 players may have played themselves off the panel. In years to come someone will do a phd thesis on how Fionn Dowling has lasted this long on the Kildare panel. Would expect Dempsey to start some games in the league and hope that Barrett and Gibbons get starts at some stage. Be nice to see the 2 Monasterevin corners get a run at some stage too.

16 January will be an informative day as that's when the first round of the Sigerson is and we will have probably more lads than usual playing in these games. There's a backdoor in the Sigerson this year which means if a college loses in the first round and then goes through the back door to the final, they will have to play 6 games. That would mean 6 Sigerson games and 3 national league games in 5 weeks. Remember when they got rid of the under 21 championship because it was causing burnout!!!!!!!!

O'Byrne Cup performances have had no correlation with later success in recent years but it would have been comforting to see a better performance last Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2019   O'Byrne Cup 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 am

A totally meaningless competition that should have been scrapped years ago. I completely ignore the pre-season competitions & it does wonders for my outlook.

In 2012 & 2013, we beat Dublin, and ran them close in 2015 - all precursors to absolutely disastrous championships.

Meanwhile, in 2017 we lost to their third string - only to end the year with promotion to Div 1 and a Leinster final appearance.

We’ll find out where we are against Armagh & not a moment before. I wonder if Dempsey is the man to take Clarke? The way we dealt with him - or completely failed to deal with him - in 2017 was absolutely unacceptable. Murnin & McPartland tricky customers as well.

Tie those down & it’ll go a long way to winning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: O'Byrne Cup 2019   O'Byrne Cup 2019 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

O'Byrne Cup 2019
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3