Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+44
lilysavage
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Blackadder
Shay tompkins
Taibi
Liffey Likes
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Badger85
Snowwhite
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
bite the pillow
TommyKeegan
lillyboy
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
Curraghplains
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Rex
murof
LillieLad
micky murphy
Kildaretothebone
Dara
Flamingo
Onechance
John_R
DONTPULLOUT
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
flourman
Fear An Geata
parcel
totalgaa
shortgrass
maccie
Highball
FionnMcCool
Shergar
Botch
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:35 pm

Right lets start and be positive for Sunday …………

Can't control the team named but hope whatever 15 are chosen and whatever subs get on the pitch that we have got 2 frights and now realise we need to perform for the full game and the most important score is the next score (not the scoreboard) fight and put the body on the line for every score and die with your boots on for the jersey and your county...….

And i know 99% on here are true optimistic supporters and will be shouting them on no matter what....
Up the lilies..... be honest, proud and hard working in anything and everything you do.....
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:35 pm

Seconded, all we ever ask is that they put their heart & soul into it.

If they do that, they can compete with anyone.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:50 pm

Our problems are at half back and goalkeeper. If the manager is not willing to try something different there it's hard to see it changing.
Longford scored more in the first half against the wind than the 2 teams did between them in the first match. Something wrong there especially as Longford finished behind the other 3 teams in the league.
Back to top Go down
Dara
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 9:36 pm

I would like to see our fullbacks staying back and protecting our goal, rather than being up in the forwards.
Back to top Go down
Kildaretothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 11:39 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Re Nash: rather be playing club games than sitting on the line with no prospect of game time. Young, yes but not naive. Recognizes games aren’t going to come no matter how well you go in training and In house games so would rather play with club. By all accounts tony archobald is the best performer consistently in training and in house games and can’t get a look in. Laois player an 18 year old and 4 21 year olds Sunday vs Westmeath. Our problem is we have this perception we are better than we are. County board management panel and supporters included. Sooner the better we realise where we are and take the plunge and trust youth the better we will be .

Sent from Topic'it App

Have also heard that Archibald is one of the most consistent performers in training and in house games, but yet still doesn’t get a look in?
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 11:42 pm

A bit strange and maybe ironic or something (should of stayed in school!) but now you say Westmeath v Laois and the low scoring and believe Westmeath have done a lot of work on the defensive strategy with Jack Cooney and Paschal Keelaghan who we couldn't wait to get out of this county and was slated by a lot of corners for his tactics!!!! Can't have it every way comes to mind.....
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 6:50 am

We haven't been able to tackle since Cork ran through us in 2012. Echo the point we need Conway, Feeley and Moolick to hold the middle. We have Tom Cribben in the set up who trained a defensive westmeath team who beat us in 2016 surely he has an input or does Cian not listen... I'd make changes and bring in Aaron O'Neill any idea is Mick O'Grady back? any idea about the other injuries?
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 7:15 am

jimmers wrote:
Team for Sunday

Donnellan, Dempsey, D Hyland, M Hyland, P Kelly, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Conway, Slattery, McCormack, O'Flaherty, Tyrrell, Brophy, N Flynn

Same team named again for replay on Sunday.

Was there ever any doubt??
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 7:39 am

Never a doubt but then a week is a long time in football. Expect a massive improvement in form🤔
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 am

Two years is a longer time in football...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:22 am

I'm surprised there are not just 15 lads running around Hawkfield twice a week, because the rest of the panel being there is absolutely pointless.

You can only shake your head.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:33 am

I might be crazy but even though he has named same again I highly doubt we will line out like that.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 8:36 am

To be honest, the bench is quite light. You can't blame him too much there, if you take what's available in isolation. But why is it so light? That's all on management.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

Are O’Grady and Moolick injured?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 9:28 am

For the record, if anyone EVER questions dedication/delusion of Kildare fans...

In Cian O’Neill’s fourth season, this is team is still hopelessly erratic, defensively flawed, inconsistent from half to half - never mind game to game - and has major temperamental issues.

For good measure, I completely disagree with how O’Neill has handled U20s and I think he’s picked the wrong team for this game.

Regardless, I - like many others on here & elsewhere - will be in the stand in Tullamore on Sunday, and once the ball is thrown in I will be cheering Kildare like a maniac for 80 mins & possibly beyond. Because that’s what it means to be a fan & that’s what it means to pull on a Kildare jersey.

See you on the other side troops!
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 10:03 am

How certain players are still getting picked is beyond me. Why does he think setting up the same way with the same players who fail to perform week in week out will produce a different result? They only place he'll get a job after he leaves Kildare is fossetts circus.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 10:14 am

“The emperor’s new clothes...” Hans Christian Anderson.
“He’s not the messiah, he’s a very naughty boy....” Monty Python.
“Is there anything to be said for having another mass?” Father Ted

“Cian O’Neill picks the same team” 2019
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2019 7:38 pm

The definition of insanity .. doing the same thing again and expecting different results 🤷🏻‍�

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 3:19 am

You could make arguments for all 14 outfield players keeping their place; another chance, light bench, etc. But I think it's absolutely outrageous that Donnellan is being persisted with in goals. He has been nothing short of horrendous in the last two games. Any time I've watched Aaron O'Neill he has impressed me hugely with his composure and his kick-outs are flawless.

If AON has regressed and O'Neill deems him not good enough then he needs to fuck off back to bullshitting gym monkeys in Kerry, Tipp or wherever.

Genuinely shocked at that team.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 5:53 pm

If AON has regressed and O'Neill deems him not good enough then he needs to fuck off back to bullshitting gym monkeys in Kerry, Tipp or wherever.

These are the sort of toxic comments I hate about GAA fans, is that really necessary Taibi….. Give him and the team a chance and get behind them later, I imagine that will not be the team that starts but lets wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 8:02 pm

If Aaron plays senior championship football he cannot play in u20 Championship this year
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 8:07 pm

Exactly.... But why let facts get in the way when you can write toxic crap... Same goes for the reasons why Adam and Ben were taken off.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 8:20 pm

People on here often lose the head first and ask questions later. Good sources saying there’ll be three changes to the team named.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 8:42 pm

3 changes are O’Neill, O’Dwyer and Cribbin 😄
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Heading for Tullamore shortly. Am usually pessimistic about these type of games but for some strange reason i'm feeling confident that we will do the business today (don't ask me what i'm basing that on !). Come on Lily fans get your white on and let's rock the gaff !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next