Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+44
lilysavage
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Blackadder
Shay tompkins
Taibi
Liffey Likes
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Badger85
Snowwhite
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
bite the pillow
TommyKeegan
lillyboy
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
Curraghplains
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Rex
murof
LillieLad
micky murphy
Kildaretothebone
Dara
Flamingo
Onechance
John_R
DONTPULLOUT
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
flourman
Fear An Geata
parcel
totalgaa
shortgrass
maccie
Highball
FionnMcCool
Shergar
Botch
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 12:21 pm

Dempsey is there
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:10 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Dempsey is there

Apologies.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Fullback line could be under pressure tmoro. Fortunate that Robbie Smyth not playing.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Snowwhite wrote:
Did it ever cross anyone's mind he may be injured?

Jimmy Hyland is on the bench.

Along with O'Neill, Moolick, Hartley, O'Donoghue, Gibbons, N Kelly, O'Callaghan, Barrett, Nash, McNally
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Niall Kelly back and on the bench is a plus at least.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 5:41 pm

Whoever washes the Kildare kits must have some job getting the shorts white again each time...
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 5:47 pm

Never thought I'd say about any team I support but we're nearly better off losing this one at this stage. 140 minutes of football against middle of the road division 3 and 4 teams and the best we can do is blow a 6 point lead.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Well...................the extra game will bring the team on

bounce
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Cian O Neill. Just go . Like a good lad.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Where to even begin, I mean the Ben McCormack substitutions? , what is O'Neill actually thinking at this time?, he is a decent honest person but he is setting Kildare football back 3 - 5 years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 7:54 pm

jimmers wrote:
Well...................the extra game will bring the team on

bounce

I'd usually agree.. but the tickers just not up to it. pale
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 7:54 pm

I'm just worn out and speechless after that. silent
Back to top Go down
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 8:11 pm

Must be an insult for players like Nash etc to sit on the line and have a player who was subbed off reintroduced . No faith in youth in this management team. I’d say there will be some departures from panel

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Kildaretothebone
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 8:30 pm

Lots of young potential sitting on the line and to mention young Archibald wasn’t in the squad too
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 8:43 pm

At least we don't have to think about facing Dublin. I'd say they'd score about 10-30 on us. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Absolutely horrendous stuff : 3-15 against a division 3 team that averaged 1-09 in their 7 league games, our half back line is an absolute joke shop - the absolute state of our attempted tackles in an embarrassment, at least 4 first half points for Longford came from frees conceded by the same player
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:19 pm

Long time since i've posted. First off, i didn't go to the match. Nothing to do with anything. Had tickets for the 1,000 Guineas...I'm from the short grass county...nuff said ! Was checkin every few minutes after 4 bells...I know i should have gone to Tullamore !!! When the wife collected us at the Curragh (we left before the last) it was gone to extra time. One half of me was hopin we would get over the line. The other half was hopin we wouldn't prevail....not because i didn't want to win but because i thought oh feck it, let's take our chances in the play offs (i don't want to go to that "shit hole"..Croker) instead of an inglorious 16 to 20 point defeat to the Dubs. Now it's the halfway house... i will be goin to the replay...still wonderin what i actually want ! For the record.. i backed Hermosa (can't believe it was 3/1). Will not slag any players because they are amateurs and they give their best for the cause. Will not slag Cian either because he is a top coach and he is one of our own...just think we need a Manager/Motivator to get that extra 10 % out of the lads. Sorry for bein so long-winded...hon the lillies !
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:30 pm

16 to 20?!?? This forum has got itself an optimist.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:31 pm

TheManInTheStands wrote:
Must be an insult for players like Nash etc to sit on the line and have a player who was subbed off reintroduced . No faith in youth in this management team. I’d say there will be some departures from panel

Sent from Topic'it App

And another who only rejoined the Panel a few weeks ago.. coming on before Jimmy.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:40 pm

We are so porous and so easy to score against. Our tackling is woefully ineffective and we have no one to win dirty ball possession in the middle third. Our half back line do not play as a unit and when not running forward run back alongside the attacking player. When they do bother to tackle it's usually a lazy high tackle.
I've defended Brophy before but not anymore after another aimless display. Flynn, Slattery and Flats were poor also but it was good to see Jimmy get a few scores.
I've said it before but Hyland is wasted at full back. The guy is our most direct player and had more passion than anyone else. 4 pts today puts a lot of our forwards to shame.
We are so much a weaker team without the 2 Flynn's and Cribben. No idea where we go from here.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 9:44 pm

Groundhog Day... I don’t like to name names, but there’s s number of players on the team that are apparently undroppable.
Firstly Centre back... It has been a problem since O’Neill started. Yet the question is never asked, how the centre back is never dropped. In the first half alone, I chalked him down as absent or out of position for 4 points that came through the centre. He’s a game lad and never gives less than 100%, but there comes a time when you have to look past that.
Secondly, our full back, who struggles at full back, has an out-standing game going forward. He put a number of the forwards to shame. Why doesn’t the good doctor play him out the field?
Thirdly, our keeper. Excellent shot stopper, atrocious under the high ball. His short kick outs are extremely poor. The sad thing is both of those issues can be rectified with training. Clearly, that’s not happening.
Our entire back line can’t tackle. A long serving “wingback” has never mastered the ability to tackle without giving away a free. This is proving costly. But yet again, he’s undroppable.
Midfield. We never win breaking ball. Ever. That can be coached. It’s not being coached.
I thought our forward play wasn’t too bad today. But Dan Flynn is a huge loss as is Paul Cribbin. Both those lads will be missing so nothing can be done there.
General attitude: shocking.
General fitness: it appears we fade badly in matches. We did again today.
A lot of the above issues can be coached until it’s improved. That’s an indictment on O’Neill. There’s no way around it now. We’re loose, our tactics are non existent, our kick outs are crap and our centre back is MIA...
will things change by next week? Not a hope.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Anybody able to shed any light on why a player who had scored 1-7 was taken off. He was kicking around at halftime in extra time so I doubt it was an injury. If it was a case of bringing on Cotsy to try help us see out the game then why wasn’t Adam brought on for the extra time. We had that game won twice today once when we went 7 up to start the 2nd half and took a 4 point lead in extra time to not be able to close it out from those positions is ridiculous but unfortunately not surprising.

If we manage to win next Sunday, I dread to think what Dublin would do to us above in Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:08 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
16 to 20?!?? This forum has got itself an optimist.
You're probably right Tommy ! Just goin on the premise that the "Dubs" don't get out of 2nd gear in Leinster !!!
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:26 pm

After the performance against Wicklow I can't see how CON & selectors (who I wonder what the f*** they are doing) put the team he did today. What were they expecting to happen. Forwards weren't too bad today with a few clear exceptions but to concede that score against Longford is a complete farce.

At this level if you have a s*** game don't expect to be playing the next one yet the same players have being s*** for a long time but keep on playing. Then we wonder why players leave the panel.

To make it worse the attitude of some players today was sickening. Why CON has loyalty to them is beyond me because in my belief they have stopped playing for the manager. If he can't see that and change the players for next week then he needs to walk now.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2019 10:36 pm

Still no plan for kickouts other than aiming it towards Feely and hoping for the best. As soon as the ball goes dead and Donnellan is getting out his tee our players are all turning their back to him and moving upfield – there’s never an obvious short option and I think only twice today the short kick out worked, once when we had a strong wind behind us – same as the last few years really.

We’re wide open through the middle, a sweeper who doesn’t sweep or track a runner and 5 other defenders who can’t hold up a forward or tackle consistently – same as the last few years really.

Numerous times Flynn, Ben and Slats were making runs inside the 45, very few times were they picked out though – same as the Wicklow game and fuck knows how many before that.
All the above can be coached and worked on in training, I can be fairly confident in saying that won’t happen any time soon though.

Poor shot selection today and apart from Tyrell our free taking was very poor and that’s putting it kindly. Flats missed 2 from the left, Donnellan was half way up the pitch when Feely took his at the end and Neill Flynn never got a chance to take one when he was on.

It’s been said before that David Hyland’s best position isn’t fullback and he's more suited to centreback, based on today it should be centreforward.

I’m doing my best to finish this on a positive note, it was good to hear some very vocal players on the pitch today, notable Feely, Brophy and Conway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next