Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+44
lilysavage
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Blackadder
Shay tompkins
Taibi
Liffey Likes
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Badger85
Snowwhite
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
bite the pillow
TommyKeegan
lillyboy
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
Curraghplains
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Rex
murof
LillieLad
micky murphy
Kildaretothebone
Dara
Flamingo
Onechance
John_R
DONTPULLOUT
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
flourman
Fear An Geata
parcel
totalgaa
shortgrass
maccie
Highball
FionnMcCool
Shergar
Botch
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 6:18 am

Interesting listening to Ciaran Whelan on the Sunday game claiming that K Feely and Mick OG should have gotten back cards reminds me of so many previous years when the Dublin media got slated for highlighting opposition discipline issues before games, this really annoys their serious opposition Kerry and Mayo. Not convinced it was intentional as he is a fine analysis and not necessary when playing a team as low as Kildare. Ciaran Whelan and Pat Spillane naturally give Kildare no hope whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 6:47 am

Credit where it's due, great performance. Moolick was outstanding. A very under-rated player who always gives his all.

Big hand for Ogie, aka Captain Hindsight.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 7:02 am

Good performance yesterday, easily the best of the year.

And I’m glad we won because for me the most interesting conversation this week stems from questions no other county is willing to raise. And they are...

1. Why is no other county talking about Dublin’s industrial scale financial doping?

2. Why is this game being played in Dublin’s home ground?

Believe me - I’m all ears!
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:32 am

Let’s face facts. Longford are a third tier team with a limited panel who have lost a number of players since last year. After playing a Leinster championship match with extra time last week they would neither have the conditioning nor the panel depth of the Kildare team. If ever there was a certainty it was for Kildare to win the replay. Let’s not get carried away with this result Longford gave it everything they had for the first 20 minutes of the replay then ran out of steam. Next weekend against Dublin will be a truer reflection of where we stand. 21 years since a significant senior title. 91 years since an all Ireland title. Are we sleeping giants or comatose midgets. Finances are not a problem for Kildare maybe it’s the use of the finances that need to be questioned also should we play them in our state of the art facility ............oh sorry we don’t have one. I admire Dublin and the amazing steps they have taken in relation to governance and games development. Jealous neighbour complex of the highest level.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:43 am

Well, speaking of facts... Dublin - who already have a vast population advantage - have had a financial investment literally unprecedented in the history of the GAA.

They play all their games at home, which is the equivalent of Real Madrid playing every Champions League match in the Bernabeu. In that context, what’s to admire? Not much. You sound less like a Kildare fan than a Dublin county board stooge. Pathetic.

Waffly post complex of the highest level.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:59 am

If you wish to deny reality that is your right. But you have to agree that they know how to do things well. If we were to take Dublin out of the equation in Leinster where do we rank in Leinster since 1928 our year zero. We have the 7th highest population in the 32 counties which means we should be based on you logic the 7th most successful county in the country - this we are not. And we have the 2nd highest population in Leinster which again based on your logic would make us the 2nd most successful county in Leinster - again this we are not. Do we have an attractive fit for purpose county grounds - no. Where do we rank for facilities in Leinster. Dublin have had massive financial input but again this is what success does. And what is truly admirable is the use they have made of these finances. Reality can be a truly stark place when it is realized there is no hiding behind the spirit of 1928 nor our acceptance of mediocrity in all we do.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:18 am

Shay tompkins wrote:
If you wish to deny reality that is your right. But you have to agree that they know how to do things well. If we were to take Dublin out of the equation in Leinster where do we rank in Leinster since 1928 our year zero. We have the 7th highest population in the 32 counties which means we should be based on you logic the 7th most successful county in the country -  this we are not. And we have the 2nd highest population in Leinster which again based on your logic would make us the 2nd most successful county in Leinster -  again this we are not. Do we have an attractive fit for purpose county grounds - no. Where do we rank for facilities in Leinster. Dublin have had massive financial input but again this is what success does. And what is truly admirable is the use they have made of these finances. Reality can be a truly stark place when it is realized there is no hiding behind the spirit of 1928 nor our acceptance of mediocrity in all we do.

Classic troll and with a name like shay tompkins. We are the current u-20 all-ireland champions and have had very good underage teams for a number of years. Historically we have way under performed, but we have a fine group of players atm and all any of us on here want to see is them reaching their potential.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 pm

im changing my name to Larry Fahy for the considerable future
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 10:15 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Good performance yesterday, easily the best of the year.

And I’m glad we won because for me the most interesting conversation this week stems from questions no other county is willing to raise. And they are...

1. Why is no other county talking about Dublin’s industrial scale financial doping?

2. Why is this game being played in Dublin’s home ground?

Believe me - I’m all ears!

Very interesting read -

https://t.co/Le9Rrfcehr
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:24 pm

Good piece Tommy
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Yes excellent article... But I do think the penny is beginning to drop in the GAA upper echelons.

I do think Dublin will be split within the next decade because the current situation is nowhere near sustainable. There were under 5000 at our match last weekend – you'd get that at a minor game.

Interest among the wider public is declining at a shocking rate and serious action is required to save the game.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 11:57 pm

And the dominos continue to fall... Seriously, when Dublin v Kildare or Meath is a hard sell, the GAA is in a desperate state...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/leinster-council-taking-a-big-hit-as-gate-receipts-continue-to-fall-38176762.html
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 am

25eu for a replay with only a minor game preceeding it doesnt help. A mickeymouse programme for 3eu to boot. Play it in either Newbridge or Longford. Luck of the draw. Gets bigger home crowds, and diehards will travel away anyway.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:39 am

lilysavage wrote:
25eu for a replay with only a minor game preceeding it doesnt help. A mickeymouse programme for 3eu to boot. Play it in either Newbridge or Longford. Luck of the draw. Gets bigger home crowds, and diehards will travel away anyway.

Nail on the head. Also helps the atmosphere if game is home / away.

That's why I like Kieran Donaghy's proposal for new championship. 3 home games in Newbridge in the summer! Has to be the way to go
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 12:45 am

why they keep charging people 25 euro a head to go to games is beyond me ,now its 30 in croke park , in my opinion this is also a huge factor in lack of people attending games , factor in traveling , etc its easier stay away excuse wise
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:31 am

I’m not sure the price is that big a deal. If it were €20 in next Sunday would u get an extra 5 or 6,000 I doubt it. Fact is our game is highly unlikely to be competitive. Meaths support has fallen away big time in the last few years due to hidings by Dubs and Laois never had a huge following.

Problem now is due to the uncompetitive nature of the competition the Dubs are bored and have stopped going. I would venture if it was free entry next Sunday, you would still struggle to get 50,000 at this double header.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 3:37 am

Topcat would agree. In the 90s and the noughties, any combination of Kildare, Dublin & Meath was an event. If there was a genuine sense of anticipation about these games people wouldn't mind the price so much.

But the fact they are a foregone conclusion has completely killed the excitement and created alarming levels of disinterest.

That's why it I felt it was important we beat Longford – the fact that Kildare-Dublin is a non-event really rams home to GAA HQ how bad things are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10