Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Longford

Go down 
+44
lilysavage
KILL BILL
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Blackadder
Shay tompkins
Taibi
Liffey Likes
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Badger85
Snowwhite
Ogie
SeamusMurphy
bite the pillow
TommyKeegan
lillyboy
jimmers
Ohtoohtobe
Curraghplains
TheManInTheStands
Twentyeight
Rex
murof
LillieLad
micky murphy
Kildaretothebone
Dara
Flamingo
Onechance
John_R
DONTPULLOUT
steviegenius
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
flourman
Fear An Geata
parcel
totalgaa
shortgrass
maccie
Highball
FionnMcCool
Shergar
Botch
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 12:18 am

Last I heard re Kevin Flynn was he probably won’t be back anytime soon. Injury is very similar to one that caused him to miss the league.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 2:05 am

Very low key and little interest again for this one.. inevitable after the Wicklow game I suppose.. maybe we'll win well and get over excited for the Dubs.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 4:53 am

Can't remember a game that had less interest. Its a damning indictment of both kildare as a County and the Leinster Championship. Its a no win scenario, best Longford and the pit thst is Croke Park awaits, lose and well you can guess the rest.

I couldn't be more underwhelmed if I tried.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 6:03 am

Very hard to garner any sort of interest in this current Kildare team. An underwhelming and dull group of footballers.

Longford v the above mentioned, competing in an 11 team championship neither have a hope in hell of winning.

Tragic.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 6:06 am

What have the county board done? We’ve a media partner..... They’re somewhere.... just not sure where...
our social media presence is no more than fixtures updates.... and trying to flog waffle tickets and club Kildare membership (why anyone would join his beyond me) we get zero media interaction from any of the players. O’Neill is the most famous face in that team. Imagine... the manager is more recognizable to your average Kildare fan than any of the players.
The disconnect is huge. If they’re not bothered reaching out to the fans, why would the fans be interested in them.
Roll on Sunday and here’s hoping they’ll win, but it’s getting harder and harder to get excited about going to these matches anyway. And should they beat Longford, I suspect there’ll be an all time low turnout in Croker for the Dubs. And that’s a sad thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 8:55 pm

But if the players were doing interviews wouldn't people be complaining here that they should be keeping a low profile and focusing on Longford rather than being fond of seeing themselves in the media? Ever read any interviews with the Dublin players. Dull but no one cares because they win. Ultimately results dictate perception because in the modern world the 2 most important matches as far as most people are concerned are the last one and the next one. Perspective? Meh .... and that applies to all teams across all sports because of the tabloidisation of the mainstream media.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Ten, maybe even 8 years ago myself and about 7/8 friends would be gone to every Kildare game in a couple of cars. ( with designated drivers  Very Happy   Very Happy )  

About 5 years ago that was down to 3/4 of us in one car.

The last 2 years the same 8/9 of us will now meet in the our local and half follow the game on the radio/T.V.

Equally as worrying is that when I look further over in the local I see a few similar groups doing the same
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 11:52 pm

Yea, it’s sad alright. But fans don’t have any connection to the team... simple as that... if you can’t relate or have an affiliation to a team, then it’s harder to support them.
There are ways to attempt to turn this around, but don’t think the county board have the wherewithal to start the process.
Look at the improvement to Meath’s interaction this year. There’s a real feel good vibe around the team and they’re drawing supporters back. The bring your ball campaign was excellent. Management and players calling on fans to turn up.. it’s all good.
What do we have?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 12:04 am

Well if you are halfars'd to even watching on TV , maybe you shouldnt be posting about it.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:30 am

lilysavage wrote:
Well if you are halfars'd to even watching on TV , maybe you shouldnt be posting about it.

I attended my first Kildare game in Newbridge around the late 60’s and my first
game in Croke Park in 1974 I think, when we beat Offaly by 2 goals ( Ray O’Sullivan if memory serves me right ), maybe I’m just giving up but the younger supporters / players aren’t going either.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 1:38 am

Sorry for selling wares here, but some thoughts on the bigger issue. Not defending players, county board, managers etc, but not everyone in Kildare and Meath is useless and this for me matters more.

https://t.co/Rhsbxn6HdL
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 7:04 am

Team for Sunday

Donnellan, Dempsey, D Hyland, M Hyland, P Kelly, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Conway, Slattery, McCormack, O'Flaherty, Tyrrell, Brophy, N Flynn
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 7:06 am

Harder to get kicked off that team, than into it.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 7:58 am

jimmers wrote:
Team for Sunday

Donnellan, Dempsey, D Hyland, M Hyland, P Kelly, Doyle, K Cribben, Feely, Conway, Slattery, McCormack, O'Flaherty, Tyrrell, Brophy, N Flynn

Any changes to the 26 Jimmers? Any of the injured players back?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:14 am

Ridiculous - really is
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:18 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
jimmers wrote:
Team for Sunday

Any changes to the 26 Jimmers? Any of the injured players back?

The rest of the panel not named
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:19 am

flourman wrote:
Ridiculous - really is

It's been the same for the last 4 years.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:29 am

jimmers wrote:
flourman wrote:
Ridiculous - really is

It's been the same for the last 4 years.

true

Still a fucking farce, classic sign of madness is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. Hawkfield my arse, this lad should be in Lakeview
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:34 am

So drop the promising corner forward who the few times decent ball went into him the last day had the beating of his man and won a few frees?

4 years ago we hammered Longford by 19 points, we won't even score 19 on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:36 am

Jimmy Hyland is the future of Kildare football. Best young forward in the Country. Instead of building the team around him we just drop him.

Some lads no matter how many times they get subbed or don't produce the goods over the last 5 years continue to get picked. How bad must the rest of them be in training.
I'm starting to think a few players have compromising pictures of O'Neill at this stage they get picked so often.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Same team and no doubt the same tactics again. Can see us starting well and then retreating and allowing Longford to run at us and pick off easy scores.
If Hyland was dropped for any reason other than injury then it would be a disgrace. Is O'Grady injured? Be very nervous about about that full back line with a porous line in front of them
Ah well, will still travel in hope.
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 9:24 am

Did it ever cross anyone's mind he may be injured?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 9:47 am

Lads he didn’t score against one of the worst teams in the country the last day. Don’t get me wrong, I think he’ll make it, but it’ll take a few seasons. He might make a very good impact sub, too.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 6:47 pm

OK it's harsh as any of the forwards could have faced the chop.
Being honest Jimmy wasn't sharp the last day but he was far from the worst.
Also I know his mobility gets stick but Moolick would do well against most teams in Leinster and is an honest player. He is worth a shout surely after the last day out.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 10:18 pm

No under 20s from an AI Winning Team ?.
I to would be concerned about the FB line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Longford   Kildare v Longford - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Longford
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next