Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:36 am

Financial doping is a fallacy it is an excuse used to paper over the massive cracks in Kildare GAA. (Both hurling and football). It is not how much money you get but what you do with the money that is important. Are we using our money wisely to develop games in Kildare ......?????? I feel sorry for the players who pull on the white jersey and are subjected to such humiliation. The root of the problem is with the county board and the county chairman mr Donnelly. At the end of the day he is the main man and always remains quiet after these humiliations. He is the man who put his name forward to take the position of chairman of the county board and should be held accountable for his actions. Cian o Neil is in fairness out of his depth but has always tried his best. He is mr Donnelly’s appointment. It is not the managers job that should be questioned but the person who persisted with Jason Ryan for too long and then led a flawed process to find his replacement. Mr Donnelly must go.,,, FOR THE SAKE OF THE GAA IN KILDARE.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:52 am

John McMahon was county board chairman when Jason Ryan was appointed and during his first year in charge. Ger Donnelly's five years will be up in December.

The game went largely as predicted. We were competitive-ish for a while but we needed to be clinical with those goal chances. It was almost inevitable that they would pull away when we tired. They were bringing multiple All Ireland winners off the bench and we had nothing like that sort of quality to bring in.

We are lightyears away. The one comfort is that so are about 28 of the other counties in Ireland. Maybe Kerry or Donegal might give them a bit of a rattle but they are very unlikely to be stopped and that's about the height of it for the foreseeable. The whole thing has become a bit of a farce and people are starting to stay away. The big screen playing a Cluxton montage before the throw-in sums it up. I can see a bigger drop off in players again next year. Why bother anymore?
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:17 am

First kildare Dublin game to miss in over 30 years and honestly like tommy said earlier I felt nothing -

A sad and sorry state of affairs all round - what’s the point going.

Fair play to those who cheered on the lads today -
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:49 am

It's tough to stomach but you can't really ask for much more from the players. Bar a few missed chances and still being too open in defence, that was realistically the best performance that can be expected from this team and they were still beaten by 15 points. Where does the team go from here?

I know this point has been flogged to death already but today was a bad day for Gaelic football. Two uncompetitive matches in a graveyard atmosphere. At €35 a ticket I can't imagine where intercounty football will be in 20 years time. A competition starting at the Super 8 stage with the big counties, mega sponsorship deals, shown live and exclusive on Sky Sports and fuck everyone else seems to be the vision of the GAA.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:52 am

We lost to an exceptional football Team.
We're an average Team who spluttered over Wicklow.. took 2 games to dismiss The might of Longford.. are Praying for a "NBONW" to get us onwards to a super 8s that we're not equipped for and it's all about money!
Money dosent miss the right or left boot putting the ball in the sack.. We as a County aren't short on money.. We have as much as a Donegal or Monaghan.. and a few more..  would we as a current crop win a Provincial elsewhere.. would we fuck. 
Always an excuse.. hope we don't get Offaly.. shur they always raise their game against us.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 12:03 pm

If admin doesn't block Shay I'm sadly gone from this forum. Dublin counter to truth and we get enough elsewhere, even from Alan Milton and other association knuckledraggers brought in on this Dublin project. Admin you've a choice but always found this place for all disagreements to be for people who care about Kildare GAA. If it's open to this scourge, bye.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 12:08 pm

PS TwentyEight we are sadly a way above average team. Even in a bad year. We will always get beyond last 16. And we competed with Dublin as well as any. We might well be in Super Eights Two years in a row.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 5:59 pm

Agree 100% with Tommy on this one, and as repetitive as this Dublin financial doping ssue may be we must continue to flog this dead horse until only the bones are left, if we accept this situation
as some on this forum are willing to do then you may as well just jump ship and put the blue jersey on because you are buying into the spin. I have been going to all Kildare games since the 1970's and it hurt me to miss this one but it's a point of principle.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Tommy to block a dissenting voice that is largely being agreed with on the forum would be an insult to free speech. My care and love for the GAA IN KILDARE CANNOT BE QUESTIONED. I m a past inter county player who has represented Kildare with pride during a difficult period. Your opinions and demands to turn this forum in to a love in for mediocrity would be more in line with communist east Germany. I respect your opinions please respect other people’s.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

Away to Antrim in the qualifiers in 2 weeks time. Definitely could have been worse...
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:51 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
If admin doesn't block Shay I'm sadly gone from this forum. Dublin counter to truth and we get enough elsewhere, even from Alan Milton and other association knuckledraggers brought in on this Dublin project. Admin you've a choice but always found this place for all disagreements to be for people who care about Kildare GAA. If it's open to this scourge, bye.

Wishful thinking. There hasn't been an admin online here in years EG see my post months ago about clearing the out of date stickied threads and deleting the spam bots.

Regarding the game, like most other supported the most reaction I can manage is an apathetic meh. At this stage I can't really bring myself to care anymore.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 pm

Where will the Antrim game be played?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:06 pm

lilysavage wrote:
Where will the Antrim game be played?

Their last home game in the championship or qualifiers was played in Corrigan Park in south west Belfast so imagine it'll be there. We'll hardly be in a position to object to a ground with a small capacity anyways.

Only 2k from Windsor Park so we might need to be careful where we park...
Back to top Go down
Twentyeight
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:33 pm

Antrim is a game we should be winning comfortably.

Round 3 is obviously an unknown

Round 4 versus either Roscommon, Cork, Cavan or Meath, none of which are world beaters and will be coming off the back of a loss.

Play like we did in the last 2 matches and we have a very real opportunity of reaching the Super 8s
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Shay tompkins wrote:
My care and love for the GAA IN KILDARE CANNOT BE QUESTIONED. I m a past inter county player who has represented Kildare with pride during a difficult period.
I think it has just been questioned.
Strange for such a diehard that you're only turning up here now! You're not Johnny Doyle, so would you be Johnny Come Lately?
Which of the many difficult periods since 1928 did you grace with your presence, pray tell us?

Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Where will Antrim game be? Newbridge or nowhere in reverse!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:17 pm

Jesus tommy, for a man who answers all manner of spanners on twitter you’ve taken a dissenting voice very much to heart.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:44 pm

Could of being worse.
I take it round 4 is the 8 winners of round 3 ?.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 pm

We're playing Antrim in round 2. The 8 winners of the round 2 matches play each other in round 3 so we could be playing teams like Mayo, Tyrone or Monaghan if we beat Antrim.

If we win that we'll be playing beaten provincial finalists like Roscommon, Cork, Cavan or Meath in round 4.

After that it's the not-so-super 8s...
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

Winnable game obviously - They had a fine win in drogheda at the week end and also put on a decent showing in parts against Tyrone in the Ulster championship.

I heard that Louths full back went on hols after Dublin game and about 10 of the panel went on a stag last week end for their centre forward Jim McEnaney so wouldnt read a huge amount into their winning margin at the week end.

We will need to be focussed to win this one. Antrim will fancy an upset and are able to score.

With all the doom and gloom lets try target the Super 8s again - After avoiding croker last week , i will be back on the band wagon for this one. Would love a crack at Monaghan in Round 3 if we got through.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:15 pm

Re Dublin game, thought it was a lame performance tbh.

Like Mayo, we never beat them but they at least always die with their boots on – certainly in championship.

We have one good performance all year against Longford, not good enough.

Also Cian saying afterwards it wasn't a 15-point defeat – I thought 15 points entirely reflected the gap between the teams.

Anyway, maybe he'll redeem himself with Super 8s again, even if Padraig Nash & Jack Robinson in junior team is totally wrong IMH. He's managing the U20 team all wrong.

But not turning this into O'Neill rant so onto Aontroim.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 10:16 pm

PS. Tommy doing one of his annual "I quit!" posts. See you in a few days TK!!
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Going against the grain here but I thought we were super in the first half beyond Dublins quick start. Constant quick ball. Found plenty of space. Forwards done well. Tyrrell left peg is delicious. McCormack decent.

Should have even been better. How many goal chances have Kildare over the years kicked straight into Cluxton. Place the f***'n thing. At the least if the angle was to tight and Cluxton was too close McCormack needed a cool head to fist that over. Nearly straight after Cluxton messed up a kickout and only for Slattery taking around two years to gather the ball we had big numbers to at the least go close to goal or a simple point. Some wides too and all in all we could have went in neck and neck.

Defended like dogs in the the first half too and tbh I thought the ref was very inconsistent with his rulings on the 3-4 man smother of a player. Constantly blowing with opposite results. GAA seriously need to sit the refs down and absolutely define when this tactic is legal and illegal.

Healy was very good. More composed on the ball than I'm used to seeing him.

Conway needs to pull back on the looking for frees. Slowed plenty of moves up by slowing up upon a tiny amount of contact and he got nothing off the ref several times.

2nd half. Ok not great but we kept it at 6-8 points for awhile and within that window we should have got 2 goals. DO NOT go inside the keeper on the near post if he is manning it. Across him. Silly miss. A useless solo delayed his shot on the 2nd and Cribben just spanked it straight into a defender after that when the goal was begging for a rattle. Composure lads! You pull the gap back to 3-6 points (can't remember exactly when these goal shouts came but I think the gap was 10 or less) and that's motivation to bury yourself. The team seemed to deflate shortly after and the lads looked shattered and it opened up at the back for some easy pullaway scores. Dublin have a crazy bench and it let them keep it going at a high level till the end. Too many wides too killed any sort of hope of a single digit game. It's sick how accurate Dublin fowards are. It was nearly a foregone that anything that left the boot was a score!

Haven't heard any news on why N.Flynn was taken off but to be brutally blunt, he doesn't seem fit. He looks slow and bulkier than last year. Needed speed with the gameplan yesterday. Feely also seems extremely leggy rather early in the 2nd halfs lately.

I could be alot more negative etc etc but look this is where we are. It was going to happen.

Overall hope is that we don't ditch this kicking template after one game and go back to slow buildups we've seen of late. Out wide our forwards got onto enough ball against the countrys best. We play better when we kick! (probably in part to our handling errors and errant handpasses). Add Hyland into the mix and you've another player who is quick enough to get out in front. Sorry for post length. This place needs a optimist!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 am

For sure to look at the positives before the game i would of said we are 5 years away from having a competitive game against Dublin but after yesterday if the correct structures are put in place on and off the field after this year i would say we are only 3 years from giving them a competitive game?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:21 am

We aren't going to test them until, like Mayo, we get into Div 1 and stay there – we need to cut the yo-yo crap.

I don't think Cian has the tactical nous or ability to get best of out players to take us there unfortunately.

League was our most important competition this year and we failed badly tbh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next