Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 21:03

John Costello’s piece in Dublin’s annual report last year was aimed more or less directly at Kildare fans - as we are the only county who will stand up & call out this BS.

Well he’d better get used to it.

He also better savour the moment because each trophy this Dublin team accumulates is one step closer to the end.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 21:23

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
John Costello’s piece in Dublin’s annual report last year was aimed more or less directly at Kildare fans - as we are the only county who will stand up & call out this BS.

Well he’d better get used to it.

He also better savour the moment because each trophy this Dublin team accumulates is one step closer to the end.

Don’t get this boycott argument at all. Being in Croker when we beat Dublin in 98 and 00 was better than drugs. We have a miniscule chance of beating Dublin on Sunday but I’ll still go, as to be in Croker if we do beat them after so long would be a better kick than any herion addict has ever got.

I firmly believe if our best 35 players with 100% buy-in were available with good management we’d compete with Dublin. We should be strongly passionate as a county trying to ensure that as well as pointing out the rank unfairness.

The solution must be dividing Dublin in 5. It is clear-cut.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 21:38

Blackadder it is a bigger argument than just Dublin & Kildare. We may beat them again at some point but they will still come back & win another 10 Leinsters in a row. That’s how completely everything is stacked in their favour.

But I think there is a growing mood for change.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 21:59

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Blackadder it is a bigger argument than just Dublin & Kildare. We may beat them again at some point but they will still come back & win another 10 Leinsters in a row. That’s how completely everything is stacked in their favour.

But I think there is a growing mood for change.

Point taken. I worry that this two tier championship is taking attention away from it. I fundamentally disagree with the notion of a two tier championship and other arrangements such as allowing smaller counties pick players from neighboring counties should be tried before telling people in Derry or sligo or leitrim or Westmeath or wherever that they are second rate.

Thank God for Ewan McKenna's work on this.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 22:48

Seemingly O’Neill has invited in Trump to give team talk in Hawkfield tomorrow night. Apparently Trump doesn’t like Diarmuid Connolly & wants Kildare to win.

Could prove a masterstroke by O’Neill.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 23:12

Last time I was in Croke Park was to see our U20s beat Mayo to win the 2018 All Ireland. After savouring that fabulous win and the celebrations of the team on the pitch after, I left as I had no desire to see Dublin annihilate Roscommon in their 'home' match of the Super 8's. I was delighted to pay the entrance fee that day to see a game against two U20 teams on (excuse the pun) a level playing field.

This Sunday? As Rex said earlier I'll look forward to our next game in the qualifiers against a clean team away from the pit that is Croke Park.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime5/6/2019, 23:24

I’m really proud of the way Kildare supporters have called out this BS - I’m telling we are the only county who’ll stand up to it.

It also rankles Dubs that in 2018, Newbridge Or Nowhere was effortlessly the most brilliant, thrilling & subversive GAA moment of the year. Not that you’d know it listening to Joe Brolly, the prick.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 00:35

I’ll play devil’s advocate here. If money makes it impossible to compete with Dublin, how did Mayo manage it year after year? Kerry, Tyrone and Monaghan have all been competitive with them in various games too. Donegal beat them. More equitable grant funding would be nice, but I’m not sure it’s the main reason behind their success. We’d be better off to stop making excuses.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 07:15

Or to look it another way no one has beaten Dublin in a championship game for 6 years except Donegal in a massive ambush that amounted to Gavin being tactically outwitted rather than being out-footballed.

The Dubs love a good contest as long as they always win. Good luck to mayo and at times Kerry but they’ve always lost.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 07:34

Park the money arguments until the Autumn. Its time for football now and not the same tiresome argument. Kildare have a free shot against this great team on Sunday. This Dublin team are full of winners and would have won all ireland's in any era. No pressure to win but hopeful of a performance. See which of our lads stand up to be counted. Personally looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 09:29

Nah mate, we’ll discuss whatever we want on a discussion forum.

If you are looking forward to getting the bi annual hiding well god help you but don’t expect everyone to play ball.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 11:01

jack robinson playing in newbridge last night is this the start of a go at hitting the first team ?still think we can put it up to anybody if we keep at it
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 12:01

It's difficult to summon up much enthusiasm for this but at least we are heading into it off the back of the best all round display we have put in all year.

I would start Healy in place of Brophy and have Feely/Moolick switching and rotating in and out of the full forward position. The forward line lacks ball winners without Cribbin and Flynn and Dublin have shown to be vulnerable on occasion to the high ball. Moolick is well able to take a score and rotating Feely in and out will give him a break every now and again. He looked like he was struggling to get around the field in both Longford games. We are 14 point outsiders so we might as well try something a bit different. If we play the way we did for much of the league or the first two championship games then the score will be ugly.

Healy and Slattery could play deep and both have the pace to get back up the field and counter attack. Keep two of Tyrrell, Flynn and McCormack close to goal and allow the spare man to roam deeper.

The defence is going to be under pressure. Imperative mistakes are kept to a minimum and we are disciplined. If we keep it respectable it should give us some hope of going on another run in the backdoor where we are well capable of beating most teams if we find some confidence and consistency.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 15:39

Caprea wrote:

If you are looking forward to getting the bi annual hiding well god help you but don’t expect everyone to play ball.

I don’t think anybody is asking you to stop debating the matter, it pisses me off considerably too, but maybe let people discuss the match on this thread as I’m sure it was set up for that purpose.
Personally, I’m not sure how I feel about Sunday. Looking forward to going in many ways but then the inevitable fear kicks in when I dwell on it too long. Sounds like Jimmy Hyland is a big doubt by all accounts
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 15:51

jj wrote:
Caprea wrote:

I don’t think anybody is asking you to stop debating the matter, it pisses me off considerably too, but maybe let people discuss the match on this thread as I’m sure it was set up for that purpose.
Personally, I’m not sure how I feel about Sunday. Looking forward to going in many ways but then the inevitable fear kicks in when I dwell on it too long. Sounds like Jimmy Hyland is a big doubt by all accounts

We were told to “park the money arguments till Autumn” so yes we were asked to stop debating it.

Anyway...
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 19:19

Cheer up. Dublin have the most moneyand funding. And the match is in Dublin. We get it. All you're doing is repeating the same old same old. It's a bit tedious. Any opinion on the game itself? Line up. Changes?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 19:43

lilysavage wrote:
Cheer up. Dublin have the most moneyand funding. And the match is in Dublin. We get it. All you're doing is repeating the same old same old. It's a bit tedious. Any opinion on the game itself? Line up. Changes?

Yeah mate, 15 years of paying for another team to humiliate us is a bit tedious. Agreed.
What part of the latest annihalaltion would you like to discuss? Maybe we could talk about the money man for man that went into their players versus our markers and how sports science and coaching matters even more when you've a pick of 1.3m people?
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 19:51

TommyKeegan wrote:
lilysavage wrote:

Yeah mate, 15 years of paying for another team to humiliate us is a bit tedious. Agreed.
What part of the latest annihalaltion would you like to discuss? Maybe we could talk about the money man for man that went into their players versus our markers and how sports science and coaching matters even more when you've a pick of 1.3m people?

Did you ever think that some people might just want to talk about the match? You mightn’t have any great interest Sunday , not a dig by the way, but some do. Get all the other stuff but I still like to talk about the actual football every now and again to remind myself why I actually care about it

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:04

Talk away. It's a discussion forum. I'd have imagined if you've thoughts on the match you'd state them rather than telling people what they can't talk about instead. Tellingly there's a lack of thoughts on the game because we'll have the b**locks knocked out of us in front of an empty stadium and be told to hand over more money to the winners and that we "need to get our own house in order". There's about as much to analyse as there would be if Newbridge Town faced PSG. "I hope John Joe Gibney's speed can couner Mbappe as long as he stayed out of Roma Grill and the Neymar threat is solved by Mickey Smith." People who cover other sports genuinely laugh at the football championship when explained. It's beyond outrageous. And some of us on here are still saying don't complain when it matters and just enjoy the hiding until Autumn, and think tactics. But feel free.

It's a joke. I grew up losing to Dublin 90 per cent of time in full stadiums and their fans were savage and they'd make you nervous before the Red Cow at just the thought. And dreaming of beating them would melt your mind. Now the GAA are losing money on Sunday as even the locals can't bother with the drive for five, and the bookmaker's have the handicap at 15 and it's literally the rest that are paying for this joke. If I was still at home and was paid to go, two chances. You are funding Dublin by paying in. My opinion is analysing a fix on here is giving credence to what's been done and accepting it. Our game has been destroyed. But do tell us where Fergal Conway should line out to breach the €20m and one million person hole on the dam.

Have some pride. Stand up. We went bankrupt trying to keep pace with Dublin and had All Stars going door to door for money to go to Portugal while Aer Lingus sponsor Dublin. We went bankrupt building a centre of excellence and were forced to pay back an interest loan to Croke Park and as added punishment had to be a warm up act for Dublin after our home advantage was stripped. We were told we cannot play at home as our ground isn't okay, yet when Dublin's isn't they are given not just a €230m stadium paid for by all including us, but given extra home games too.

It's a f**king joke and those who cannot see it are too.

Last edited by TommyKeegan on 6/6/2019, 20:19; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:07

JJ, no one has told you not to discuss the match. By all means discuss it away to your hearts content.

Just if you or lily savage or others want to discuss it then don’t break a fundamental rule of discussion forums by saying you can’t discuss other things related to the topic.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:07

JJ, no one has told you not to discuss the match. By all means discuss it away to your hearts content.

Just if you or lily savage or others want to discuss it then don’t break a fundamental rule of discussion forums by saying you can’t discuss other things related to the topic.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:22

TommyKeegan wrote:
Talk away. It's a discussion forum. I'd have imagined if you've thoughts on the match you'd state them rather than telling people what they can't talk about instead. Tellingly there's a lack of thoughts on the game because we'll have the b**locks knocked out of us in front of an empty stadium and be told to hand over more money to the winners and that we "need to get our own house in order". There's about as much to analyse as there would be if Newbridge Town faced PSG. "I hope John Joe Gibney's speed can couner Mbappe as long as he stayed out of Roma Grill and the Neymar threat is solved by Mickey Smith." People who cover other sports genuinely laugh at the football championship when explained. It's beyond outrageous. And some of us on here are still saying don't complain when it matters and just enjoy the hiding until Autumn, and think tactics. But feel free.

It's a joke. I grew up losing to Dublin 90 per cent of time in full stadiums and their fans were savage and they'd make you nervous before the Red Cow at just the thought. And dreaming of beating them would melt your mind. Now the GAA are losing money on Sunday as even the locals can't bother with the drive for five, and the bookmaker's have the handicap at 15 and it's literally the rest that are paying for this joke. If I was still at home and was paid to go, two chances. You are funding Dublin by paying in. My opinion is analysing a fix on here is giving credence to what's been done and accepting it. Our game has been destroyed. But do tell us where Fergal Conway should line out to breach the €20m and one million person hole on the dam.

Have some pride. Stand up. We went bankrupt trying to keep pace with Dublin and had All Stars going door to door for money to go to Portugal while Aer Lingus sponsor Dublin and their fans told us we wasted money on Micko. We went bankrupt building a centre of excellence and were forced to pay back an interest loan to Croke Park and as added punishment had to be a warm up act for Dublin after our home advantage was stripped while they use DCU for nothing despite resources (and while actual student athletes are told to go away when they show up). We were told we cannot play at home as our ground isn't okay, yet when Dublin's isn't they are given not just a €230m stadium paid for by all including us, but given extra home games too.

It's a f**king fix and those who cannot see it are allowing it. The only way to stop it is to walk away.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:29

Any other injury worries, I assume Kevin Feely is fit. He had great game against Dublin in 2017, we need him back to those levels again
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:47

moatesports wrote:
jack robinson playing in newbridge last night is this the start of a go at hitting the first team ?still think we can put it up to anybody if we keep at it
Jack Robinson very likely to be involved under new management next year you would have to think. Was good to see Neil Flynn back to something of his form from last year on Sunday, his free taking alone when on song is worth a few points.
Still can’t quite understand the role they have Paddy Brophy playing. Doesn’t seem to do much only recycle ball out the field. Would like to see him rove in between the 2 forward lines more than where he is at present. He’s a good man to win ball in closer to goals.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/6/2019, 20:48

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Any other injury worries, I assume Kevin Feely is fit. He had great game against Dublin in 2017, we need him back to those levels again

Hasn’t looked particularly fit and went off with some sort of knock last Sunday too which is a worry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next