Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 1:05 am

Just looking at the odds there - Dublin are bigger favorites to beat us than Spain were to beat Faroe Islands.

Paddy Power has Dubs at 1/80 - you can get similar odds on Russia to beat San Marino, Belgium to beat Kazakhstan & France to beat Andorra.

Yikes.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 1:38 am

Gaelic football much bigger with the Spanish than it is with The Faroese
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 1:42 am

I am sure Iceland part timers were big odds to beat England and Offaly to stop Kerry in 1982, just saying, eternal optimist and all that.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 2:03 am

Uphill battle etc but hope the lads plough into them & give a good account.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 2:23 am

3 reasons to be pessimistic based on what we have seen over the last few years.
Defense wide open,
Defenders not tackling or just fouling,
Allow teams to get a run on us far too easily.
For all the talent we have and we have a lot those 3 faults continually come back to haunt us. Best recent example was first game against Longford when we went 4 pts up early on and were looking good. They ran at us and scored 1-3 with frees and a goal starting with a run from the halfway line without a tackle in sight!
We repeat that and Dublin could hit us with 5 goals. Sorry to add to pessimism but we were in much better shape in 2017 and still conceded 3-23.
Hope I'm wrong but those weaknesses are solely down to players and management and can't be blamed on financial doping. We could be so much better than we are right now with the players we have
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 am

2-23
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 11:02 am

Would be a minor miracle to get a result tomorrow but would love to see the lads play to their potential, cause Dubs some problems and not to drop the heads if /when goals conceded.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 7:31 pm

Correct 2-23 but they did have a third goal called back for a free instead.
Best of luck to them and I hope they give it their best and make Dublin work for every score. Be nice to see Cluxton pick the ball out of the net a few times on his 100th appearance.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 am

Chris Healy replacing Paddy Brophy in the starting 15
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 2:51 am

Could be worse I suppose.

Tyrell and McCormack with some nice points so far.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 am

Maybe those there will disagree, but listening to it worst part of that was we sounded like we were decent for a good while. Sounded like defence got tighter, created few goal chances, kicked some decent points. So even when we are not that bad, 0-26 to 0-11 and majority of gate receipts now go to them.

Used to hate losing to Dublin and was regular feeling over years. Honestly don't care anymore. Feel nothing from that.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:44 am

The Leinster championship is dead. Has been for years. The All Ireland is going that way too. I haven’t missed a home league game in years or a championship game in over a decade.
I’m ashamed to say I couldn’t face going today. I couldn’t face what would happen and I couldn’t square it with myself that the vast majority of my 35 quid would go to the Dubs. Boycott timefor the Leinster championship.
Our championship starts tomorrow morning and let’s all look forward to it. Today happened. It was always going to happen. Let’s ignore the Dubs and everything about them and get on with it tomorrow.
I’ll never attend a Dublin Kildare game again, but sure as hell I’ll be at our other games, as always.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 am

No goals conceded and a few chances created ourselves, avoiding Monaghan in the draw tomorrow morning would be nice.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:50 am

It's pure shite and the reason I'll not set foot in the place to see Kildare v Dublin agaun while the GAA bankroll them. I am on the verge after 30 years following Kildare to pack it in. Never felt more disillusioned about the future. The Leinster Council and the GAA have their heads buried deep in the sand and have thrown a whole province to the wolves for the filthy lucre.

However to lose by 15 is bordering on disgraceful. O'Neill should have gone last year and most definitely should have gone after Donegal in the league. The one thing that keeps me going is the hope the next man might instill some passion in the lads. Because at the moment the best word I can describe them is "beige".

Last edited by Rex on Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:51 am

Handicap was accurate anyway. 
Wasn't at the match so can't comment. 
Let's see who we get tomorrow and hopefully win a few games.. but I'm not confident.
Back to top Go down
inexile
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 3:56 am

Way off topic but Liam Kearns anybody?
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 5:18 am

inexile wrote:
Way off topic but Liam Kearns anybody?

I wouldn't want him.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 5:31 am

I think the main topic for discussion was the match today. Leave off the managerial questions until at least Wednesday. I couldn’t take the mental angst.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:07 am

Very disappointing despite the glimpses of potential. Some very poor selections and choices made. The lack of division 1 experience was obvious as Dublin closed down and blocked shots on many occasions. Too much individual play even from players who was winning individual battle. The fade out once again was bad, in fact Dublin looked a much much fitter team, Kildare were burned out half way through second half.
Back to top Go down
Blackadder
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:07 am

Agreed re mangerial stuff. We need a kind draw and hopefully super 8s will be achievable. Few good points from the game... the defending was a lot better and ben mc cormack and tyrell showed their class, we created more goal chances than we did v wicklow and longford. Not conceding a goal was a plus psycologically.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 6:40 am

I cannot believe the difference in the skill factor of the dubs players v our lads they seem so easy on the ball we are always looking like loosing it , they join up at pace to support the player with the ball our lads seem to only join in when it comes to them too many just walking around the field I would love to see distance covered by both teams I'd say dubs players by miles each if we have any hope of beating them we have to at least match their work ethic
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:00 am

But do Kildare have the players ? Were the players actually there that could stop Mannion and Costello ? Was O 'Neill responsible for the missed goal chances ?

Is O'Neill another Micko? Certainly not. But a more careful observation of the current standard of player is also required. And I think it is above average, and nothing more.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 7:56 am

We could have Micko, Harte, McGuiness and even Gavin and we still won't win a Leinster.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:28 am

Say what you want. 15 points is a heavy defeat. As I said in previous post my hope was a few players would show they may not look out of place and a couple showed some potential even it was not for the full match.

The missing of the goal chances is such an obvious sign of a lack of confidence. When plays are happy and in a good training environment those get buried.

Let's hope for a good draw in the morning.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:46 am

Not in attendance today so can't really comment on the game. Sounded like we stood up to them for 20 minutes in the first half and that was that.

Really depressing the way gaelic football in this country has been ruined by wankers in suits in Croke Park. Add that to the fact there's very little games on TV. Utterly killing the game off year by year.

Where will this game be in 10 years time? Genuinely saddened.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next