Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Dublin

Go down 
+35
Blackadder
Highball
micky murphy
bite the pillow
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
SeamusMurphy
OutTheGap
FionnMcCool
Gaa1928
Ohtoohtobe
intheback
KILL BILL
Liffey Likes
John_R
Caprea
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Twentyeight
if_in_doubt
lilysavage
Cilldara_2000
kickingking
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
LillieLad
inexile
jimmers
Onhisboot
jj
Flamingo
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 am

You talk about skill sets and decision making until your blue in the face, but until Kildare players get a level of physicality and fitness that matches Dublin players, you’re pissing against the wind. Some of our lads were blowing after 20 mins FFS, we have nowhere near the stamina, power, fitness levels needed to compete with Dublin. The last 20 mins yesterday was like shooting fish in a barrel for Dublin.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:44 am

Haunted - correct - we might differ but my taught of the league this year was we were going to blood 5-7 of the younger players and stay in Div 2 and then i personally would have said that was progress.... however we stuttered with the same inputs..... Not progress... the question is are we any closer to the likes of Dublin now than we were this time last year?

Its a no from me.... we probably another season behind....
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 12:57 am

I do think GAA are going to have to split Dublin, it's inevitable, but leaving that aside and focusing on our own quest to become a top team...

I didn't like the way CON used U20s players during the league. Also Dan watching games from the stands, Masterson & Murray walking, Nash & Robinson starring for the juniors for Christ's sake... Even CON's most ardent defenders would have to admit optics aren't great.

Div 1 is absolutely key. We got promoted to Div 1 in 2017 and had 66,000 people in Croker for Leinster final. After a bad start, we competed well for 60 minutes and had halved the gap from previous encounter from 18 to 9.

Last year in league we had it down to 7. There is not a doubt in my mind if we'd stayed in Div 1 we would gradually have chipped away at that deficit and eventually got to a place where, not where we were on top – everything too stacked in Dubs' favour for that – but that we were competing with them and might have got the occasional win over them a la Monaghan & Tyrone.

We know what happened next – losing every league game and humiliation v Carlow.

Until we are consistent Div 1 team we can forget about competing with Dublin & Kerry I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 am

It's a big ask for ANYONE to beat Dublin atm.

What the GAA have done is the equivalent of Uefa going to Real Madrid and saying, "Here's 2 billion quid. Your competitors are banned from the transfer window for five years and you can play every Champions League game in the Bernabeu."

Also, to all these gobshites saying "Well why aren't they dominating at underage" – for a start, U20 Leinster final last year was played in Tullamore, not Dublin. I could go on but it's a self-evidently ridiculous argument.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 2:49 am

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:09 am

I actually don't think yesterday was bad, good spells and while very critical of this set-up at times, this isn't more ammo. That losing to 15 against them isn't considered bad says a lot about the bigger picture. As for our picture, I think it's been an upward curve since Wicklow and hopefully will continue to Belfast.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 am

I thought it was poor and in keeping with ropy performances throughout the year – Longford replay literally the only strong performance all year. They need to be burying Antrim in the same manner the next day.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 4:38 am

Flourman I agree completely regarding fitness, Dublin's fitness was several notches above Kildare's
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 4:43 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Flourman I agree completely regarding fitness, Dublin's fitness was several notches above Kildare's

That'll happen when pros play amateurs.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 5:30 am

Good points well made on 'the last word' just now Tommy, don't stop making them even if many (including our own) moan about the repetition
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:25 am

Yes we have your back Tommy - once again we are the only county standing up to this crap. Fair play to you lad & keep up the great work.
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:26 am

My tuppance for what it's worth. Kildare were by and far the better team in Wicklow and Longford games . I know we stumbled over the line against Wicklow and needed a replay against Longford but in both those games we were 7/8 points up and didnt see it out by going for the jugular.

That was down to a number of reasons . Some fresh faces being a bit naive, a massive lack of confidence in ourselves and a proper leader both on and off the field . There's no doubt in my mind we are 10-15 points better than both teams .

Against Dublin we huffed and puffed but ultimately regardless of what we do or what we win at underage we will not compete with them under the current circumstances. And neither will anyone else . Raw talent and ability will see Kerry come maybe within 5/6 points but that will be it.

Dublin are fitter, more athletic, stronger, faster and all round conditioned than everyone in the country. This isn't down to genetics or breeding . They are professional athletes in a wholey amateur game . They looked like they were in 2nd gear. Their superior conditioning meant that they never looked under pressure. Anyone who says our lads didnt try has no understanding of anything really. Our lads were swimming in a bath of custard, whilst the Dubs enjoyed clear waters, flippers and a snorkel.

Our guys we game for 40-45 mins. We had some half chances and we really did apply ourselves I felt, but we couldn't compete . And there was no shame in it for me . I looked on from the Cusak Stand wondering if I was a 20 something would I be sacrificing my whole mid 20s life for a 15 point drubbing in a game that's stacked against you feeding into pockets of the people are are stacking it . I don't know the answer .

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 am

I actually would. I still think it is by a long way, one of the most cool, interesting & unique things you can do in Irish society.

Newbridge Or Nowhere was so spectacular, it was like Malcolm McLaren with the Sex Pistols or something. True to the soul of the GAA in a way corporate sellouts like the Dubs can only dream of. There is glory out there to be sure...
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:23 am

Jimmy Hyland should have played the whole game. Kildare were never going to win. He needs more gametime. He knows Croker.

It's like taking Tyrell off in the drawn game. No need for clipboards, piecharts and video analysis. Use the brain that God gave ye.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:34 am

I got it wrong about Tyrrell... Didn’t think he was county standard but he’s been superb past couple of games. Fair play to him.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 9:59 am

Money money money. Could we put a value on a point and have a whip around. It is the professionalism associated with Dublin that has them streets ahead of Kildare. What is professionalism pay for play. No it is the following.
Do What You Say You Will Do
Be an Expert in Your field that you're an indispensable member of the team.
Behave Morally and ethically
Maintain Your Poise even when facing a difficult situation
Be Structured and Organized
Own Up to Mistakes be accountable for their actions at all times. If you make a mistake, own up to it and try to fix it if possible. Don't try to place the blame on a Team mate.
We have an amateur county chairman with an amateur county board with an amateur ethos with an amateur manager looking after a team that strive for and want professionalism and success.
Still no word from the invisible mr donnelly.
What is amateurism .........Kildare county board and mr Donnelly. All out of their depth and slowly drowning in a sea of professional attitudes and behavior.
It’s time for us all to wake up with the current leadership we are heading no where or maybe we are all ready there.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am

For the above to be true coaching and sports science are quackery. They aren't though.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 1:36 pm

Just emerging from my deeply depressed state to make a small point I haven’t seen elsewhere. We made our second full substitution with13 minutes to go. When you’re facing a far fitter team, you need to be smarter than that. Have two or three starters empty themselves and replace them on 40 minutes. Have five subs made by the 50th minute, keeping just one for injuries. We tend to do ok for 40-45 minutes against these c**** before the procession begins.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:13 pm

It amazes me reading about what the dubs have money wise financial doping etc ,it's always poor us well lads not all that long ago we were the talk of the country getting fixed up when micko was in charge getting to all Ireland final in 1998 the highlight of that time .but the one difference in then and now them lads worked hard trained hard and self regulated each other no skipping training no slacking off just worked hard , sponsors came on board because they got value for money if you did not put in the hard yards you got dropped roll on to today , we have as good a training center as is in the country , success at under age , everything you need to be a serious contender except the main ingredient top top players and the big thing heart ,guts , spirit, never say die ,all these things ,J D , was talking about this on Sunday after the dubs game , don't forget Jim McGuiness toured Donegal with a vision to get big business in Donegal on board look what happened there , we were their equal back then ,
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:33 pm

A quick question, what is the 'full time' operations manager with Kildare Gaa role ????

Not suggesting that we don't need one but what is his brief ????

All other people involved with committee's etc are volunteers, including county board.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 7:59 pm

Moate I agree we haven’t been maximizing potential, but even if we were Dublin would still be winning most of the time.

Look at Mayo - totally committed group with outstanding players & they never beat Dublin. I don’t think they have a single win in about 15 league and championship games going back six or seven years. So better teams than us are struggling with them. That’s how heavily the dice is loaded in Dubs’ favour.

Mayo’s League encounter in Croker with them this year similar to our game - they were simply bet out the gate.

So it’s one of the most important issues facing the GAA, albeit I agree we should be doing better. I think players and management would accept it too in fairness.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 pm

Moate - you are correct i believe we are not tapping into our potential and in order to do that Kildare GAA need to become more attractive and build a brand and we are just not doing that on and off the field.

I'm sure there will be another thread soon for #next year #new manager #new chairman
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 8:14 pm

And say what you want about paying managers big money but if they are successful they will bring in the money, look even at the likes of Davy Fitz and the increase in revenues from league games he would of brought to Wexford...………

I know if i was looking to be the new county board chairman next year i would have made tentative enquiries about management availability for next year.... lets not sell our self short when this comes around......
Back to top Go down
FionnMcCool
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Malachy O Rourke is finished in Monaghan this summer.

Just as a by the by. Monaghan has a population of 60k , what he has done with them is nothing short of a miracle.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 8:44 pm

O'Rourke is an outstanding manager alright... However he does favour a more defensive style which I just don't think would work with Kildare.

But yeah, couple of Ulster titles, consistent Div 1 team, All Ireland semi-final, couple of league victories over Dubs – glittering CV definitely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Dublin   Kildare v Dublin - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Dublin
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next