Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+35
Rex
flourman
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Shay tompkins
TheManInTheStands
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
Kildare98
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
intheback
John_R
jimmers
if_in_doubt
moatesports
jj
tpos
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
parcel
johnnykildare
Cassanata
MD
White Bridge
OutTheGap
Blackadder
kickingking
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 12:53 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Could be

Round 4 are natural venues

Croker usually

The only ones playing in Croke Park next weekend are ' Westlife' Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 3:09 am

Six minutes. Game over. We could be here for a week and may not score the four points were are behind. Way, way off pace. Tyrone kick-outs leading to wide open defence and wide open spaces at our end. So easy.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 3:19 am

Three observations on first half.

One. Why can Kildare still not tackle? This is coachable, why has it not been coached.

Two. What exactly are the tactics? We knew this is how Tyrone would set up yet there's utterly nothing in place to attack them other than spray it about outside the 40 and hope for the best. We knew this is how Tyrone would counter too and we are wide-open from their kick-outs and playing one-on-one are often caught for numbers via one long ball.

Three. On the players. Seen more hunger in an Texan after an all you can eat meal (Conway the big exception and Feely decent too). May or may not be management's fault but once the players don't want to play for you, that's it. However after he goes these boys need to look in the mirror as going out in a sulk for your county is fairly pathetic. Not men I'd want beside me if in battle. They haven't achieved nearly enough to be moody and sullen when they feel like it.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 3:50 am

Kickouts are a major issue as is bed referring. Took way too long to get to pace of the game.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:05 am

I'm actually laughing.

Tyrone's 11th point via the full-forward 21 yards out. Isolated, marked by four of our defenders, cutting back loses two of them while the other two aren't near close enough to stop an easy shot. Christ almighty.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:19 am

Deplorable stuff against an average Tyrone team. The tackling, if you can call it that, has been embarrassing.

Conway and Feely were decent.

At least we won't have to watch this shite for 6 months.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 4:38 am

Really, really bad. Thought we'd lose by six or seven, was way worse than that as could have been 20. Said it at half-time and will say it again as a summation.

1. What were the tactics?

My dog knew Tyrone from the off would defend with 15 yet we'd zero plan around attacking that or variation. Was make it up as we go along, short passing outside 40. Shooting wasn't bad to be fair.

My dog knew from the off Tyrone would counter quick from long balls and kick-outs yet one long ball each time and they had an overlap and were clean through for such easy scores.

Also on this, what was the plan B at any point. At no point was anything changed or changed up. Watch how they increased pace in attacks, changed between long-ball and running moves. Not hard.

2. What was with the kickouts in terms of attacking and defending them. Also make it up as we go on both ends and saw us without a platform to attack and in trouble when defending throughout.

3. Why can we not tackle. This sees everyone to blame. Coaching staff are there to teach something that isn't coached. And then there's common sense. Highlighted McShane's 11th point for Tyrone as an example. Isolated, four defenders on him. A slow turn sees two lost, the other two nowhere near with no one else to mark and a tap over the bar. Not good enough. Made him look like an All Star.

4. What's with the attitude? Conway, Feely and Moolick fought hard but after that? Sulked from the start, didn't want to be there, didn't leave it all out there. They don't have the Oscars to throw Hollywood strops and frankly why do they commit their time if that's what they'll give? We've blamed Cian up to now and much of that deserved but these guys need to take the blame too.

All in all, rancid year. If we took a step forward last year, we've taken 10 steps back this year. Tyrone are an okay team no more. But just a waste of a day and a season (PS atmosphere was dire). No excuses to be made for anyone out there. And while O'Neill will go and that will be the talk, again let's not forget the players either. Enough blame to go around. Really, really dejecting. Can't see light in this tunnel. Who'd have throught we'd be here less than a year on from the Super 8s an Under-20 title.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:00 am

Another poor performance in a season full of them.

For me it’s quite straightforward: first, we need a new manager. We also need D Flynn & P Cribbin back onboard, plus Masterson, McLoughlin, Robinson & more from the U20s to come in. If those players can’t commit, or won’t commit, we are screwed, because this current phase has run its course.

A lot of questions to be asked and overall, tbh, pretty grim.

But at least can now watch rest of championship in peace...
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:03 am

If there was no such thing as kickouts in a game we might (might!) have a chance.................

You wonder what they do in training
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:18 am

PS Tommy you are so right about the battling qualities, or lack thereof.

Seems like the only time these boys can get up for a scrap is when they’re in the middle of a national scandal.

Heard Johnny Doyle say on radio we didn’t deserve a hammering. O’Neill said same after Dublin match... Let me tell you straight up: we got what we deserved in both games, and in the league for that matter.

Think I’ll move to Mayo & follow a team who will at least die with their boots on.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:31 am

Game over after 5 m minutes. It was obvious we could not handle their attack, defense, kick outs, speed, workrate or aggressive tackling.
10 pts is a fair result based on what I saw. Conway and Feely and Tyrell kicked some good scores but it was just damage limitation. The ease at which Tyrone cit through us to pick of easy scores was breathtaking.
After the Leinster final in 17 I really thought we were going places but the defeat to Armagh completely derailed us and we look a demoralised, poorly coached side since.
A new manager would help but so would some new players and a harder working mindset.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:38 am

Hate to admit, first time in my life I left with 10 minutes to go, totally disgusted. Poorly coached, poorly organised, poorly motivated, aimless, brain dead nonsense, sorry but I need to think about where my money is going here, this team needs major surgery, we would have been embarrassed and humiliated if we reached the super 8's
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 5:46 am

We played majority of 2nd half with 14 players...the risk for it finishing messy was big then and is always big in that situation. I know some don't rate then currently but Tyrone have the star power to crush any team of our level (i.e. not the top 5 or 6 teams). If they play anywhere near their max they beat us well most of the time at our current form.

Agree regards tackling etc that was poor. Slow start didn't help. Kickouts were a disaster. Donnelan's biggest flaw is his inability to do anything other than kick to the first line of defense if free or go long. He cannot spray it over the first line and into the space between there and midfield like most good keepers. We frequently have players open and he won't look for it. Tyrone killed us with their kickouts to that zone. Killed us. A'ON needs to become no.1 urgently for this alone - his vision is superior IMO.

We fought well for a time to get it back to 4 points a few times in the 2nd half to be fair to the lads! Those 4 points were the head start we gave them.

Severely missed the long range scoring of P.Cribbin and Moolick in the first half when we spent an age at times trying to penetrate with no end result.

It's going to be a very appealing job IMO. Super talent in the county at present. Get the players back involved that HG mentioned and keep the big guns injury free and you're talking. All the new manager has to do is get us tackling and defending in a system and in a legal manner.

Easy, right!?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:12 am

First of all well done Tyrone, much better than I gave you credit for and actually won in about 3rd gear.

Now our lot. I feel sorry for a lot of the lads because they weren't prepared to face Tyrone today. Basically we brought a knife to a gun fight.
We aren't fit enough to begin with and that is a scandal considering over McGeeney's time here we could out run any team.
We also are so poorly prepared from a tactics aspect that its laughable. The manager must take all the criticism here. We have no plan A from what I can see, never mind plan B and C which you need to challenge at the highest level.
The kickouts today are a prime example. What in the name of all things Holy were we trying to do. We won one Tyrone kickout all day and that was in injury time when they couldn't care, in fact before that we never got near winning one of theirs. Then look at ours. If anyone can tell me we actually had a plan you're lying. If Donnellan is not capable of kicking the ball to a free man more than 15 yards from him he shouldn't be near the team. All day we jyst made it up as we went.
Tackling, I don't care if Postman Pat is managing next year, he better make sure the players can tackle properly. I'm sick to death of Kildare players running alongside an opponent and pawing away doing nothing. Sick of it.

There is so much wrong that could be solved with proper training, tactics and tackling. All fall under tbe remit of tbe manager, which is why he must go.

Last edited by Rex on Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:14 am

I would like to offer an alternative view.

Do Kildare actually have top level players ? I mean look at that number 7 and 14 for Tyrone today. That standard.

Does Kildare have that standard.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:26 am

Dan Flynn and Paul Cribben are that standard. Feely and Conway today were also very good. Our half forward line simply not good enough.
Tyrone are a top class team, wouldn't be surprised to see them reach the final again.
Back to top Go down
intheback
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:34 am

Fair point.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 am

Conceding 2-22 at home, championship football in
is horseshit, no excuses for players if they are not motivated playing in a packed home venue on day like this and on the back of a good win, if players are not motivated today regardless of who the manager is then they shouldn't be playing. It will be impossible to ever win against a top team with such kickouts, winning such a low percentage of your own kickouts is not acceptable, ever. Tyrone tactics were spot on, break down the Kildare attack and break at speed while the open spaces appear like the curragh. Kildare on the other hand were slow and ponderous and took an age to make progress. The sweeper was pretty ineffective, possibly too far back rather than stopping traffic further out.
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 am

CON must go behaved like a child on the line in the first half. Refused to leave the field when sent off. Eventually left. Came back on to the side line at the start of the second half. Asked to leave again and wouldn’t. Decided to stay in the dugout. What an idiot how can players concentrate or take someone who behaves like this seriously. Whose fault is it that we had to endure his dire reign mr Donnelly mr Gorman and mr dunny. Who will be making the decision on the next manager the same 3 amigos. The same dire results. Just wait and see. Thanks for wasting my money my passion and my time mr Donnelly.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:15 am

Only 2 points from play from our forwards.. chronic altogether. 
That's that now.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:22 am

Disappointed with the tackling and particularly our set up for their kickouts. Did we even win one or apply any pressure at all? Few lads exposed today and OGrady getting caught out by what was obviously gonna be a high bounce summed up our lack of defensive nous. The 2lads in the middle got very little help from either the half forward or half back line. I would say Harte would love to have a pair like Feely and Conway. Tyrell did well too and a few others tried but we were lacking in most areas. The absentees were missed and that shouldn't be forgotten I guess. Also did we really need to take Jimmy off when the game was done? Subbing a sub never great for a kids confidence. Our football coach on the pitch far too often too after ONeill got gate. Smacked of bullshit to me. Anyway beaten by better side, let's hope we get better luck with injuries and likes of Masterson, Flynn, Murray and Robinson show up next year with a couple of new backs.as well.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:22 am

Seriously did we actually tick any of the boxes today?

Once again we couldn’t break down a blanket defense & for good measure left ourselves wide open on the counter. Also failed to get to grips with Tyrone dangermen. Feely & Conway pretty much the only two who looked like Div 1 footballers.

Can’t say it wasn’t on cards tho as we’ve been poor all year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:27 am

I understand not taking ball into contact but Jesus we have to be the most extreme example in the country. Sometimes when space opens up you have to attack it & use skill to shield ball. Dublin are expert at exploiting those pockets of space.

You could actually say today showed just how badly we missed Div 1 football this year. Horrendous stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 7:51 am

Also apparently our biggest score ever conceded in Newbridge & our biggest home championship defeat of all time.

Well it never rains but it pours.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 8:10 am

I suppose the bottom line is that we are just not good enough, full stop, no shame in that as we are in the same position as about 28 other counties. If anyone thinks a new manager and some new players, if they are out there, will make any difference, then you are diluted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next