Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+35
Rex
flourman
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Shay tompkins
TheManInTheStands
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
Kildare98
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
intheback
John_R
jimmers
if_in_doubt
moatesports
jj
tpos
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
parcel
johnnykildare
Cassanata
MD
White Bridge
OutTheGap
Blackadder
kickingking
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 5:35 am

Any new injuries or are we playing with a full deck?
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 6:47 am

Mickey will have his homework done on Feely and Conway who are both in good form. Our half backs and half forwards have to lock their blockers and also occupy them on their own. The most streetwise team in Ireland for past 20 years, you cannot switch off against them or they will do you. Nothing soft, take our chances and we will beat them.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 9:23 am

kildare must be worth a score at 9/4 , free bar if win
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 10:29 am

moatesports wrote:
This is a great forum. I wish i could give this post a like...but i can't. My thoughts on the match for what they're worth. I actually fancied Tyrone this year to be the team to put it up to the Dubs but they have been flat to date. Saturday could see them go out through us using home advantage and playing like we did against Mayo last year. Fantastic scenario and buzz back in the County. On the flip side Tyrone could play their best game of the year so far and come back into the reckoning for a super 8 push. Which is it to be ? I honestly think (regardless of bookies odds... i have seen countless money on favs beaten in races ) that this game is 50/50. We have had Tyrone beaten in matches in St Conleths before but snatched defeat from the jaws of victory...ye know the games i'm talkin about ! What i want is very simple... that the 21 players give their all on Saturday. I'm pledging that my family (2 adults and 2 kids) having paid 50 e will be there in white and will roar our arses off. Together we can do this !!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 11:11 am

moatesports wrote:

I'll be having an accum.. with this as a draw.. after that, who knows.
Then again  my predictions of late are cat.
Broome in the derby.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 12:22 pm

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t see it meself. Tyrone are long established in the top four and we’re just about top 12. As for repeating the Mayo win, Paul Cribbin was immense that day with 0-5 from play. We’re down about a third of the team from that night. I don’t think the replacements are of anything like the same quality. I think we’ll give it a great effort but lose by three or four points.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2019 9:36 pm

Its very hard to know where we stand going into this one - Jekyll and Hyde performances are continuing this year.

We will need it to be of last years proportions and will probably need a few heroics from some unexpected places.

Will need everything to go right to stand a chance but this is what championship is all about not like the procession/farce of Leinster this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 am

Best we can hope for is go down fighting. Unless Tyrone flop altogether we are in trouble.

Look at the players missing from Newbridge or Nowhere through injury or not making themselves available Johnny Byrne Kevin Flynn Dan Flynn Niall Kelly Paul Cribben Paddy Brophy. That’s some chunk of talent and experience to take out.

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 12:47 am

Papabear wrote:
Best we can hope for is go down fighting. Unless Tyrone flop altogether we are in trouble.

Look at the players missing from Newbridge or Nowhere through injury or not making themselves available  Johnny Byrne Kevin Flynn Dan Flynn Niall Kelly Paul Cribben Paddy Brophy. That’s some chunk of talent and experience to take out.

paddy brophy has been poor this year .
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 1:18 am

The 2 Flynn's and Cribben are a loss no doubt but not convinced the other 3 contributed a lot last year.
We do have McCormack and Hyland up front that we didn't have last year. Conway playing well at midfield is also a plus as is O'Grady at full back.
You would think Tyrone should win but they have never beaten us by much and if Peter Harte's influence can be reduced then they are a lesser team.
Great opportunity for the players to stand up to a top team.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 1:50 am

murof wrote:
We do have McCormack and Hyland up front that we didn't have last year.

and Adam Tyrell
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 1:55 am

Christ above a front 6 of

J Hyland, McCormack, N. Flynn, P Cribben, Tyrell, D Flynn

would be some forward line ...
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 3:39 am

Harte really links them so much that if we really go at him...there is a chance.
Odds on the draw.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 3:52 am

How could I have forgotten Adam! This is his biggest challenge, really hope he comes through it.
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 4:44 am

Surprised it hasn't sold out yet
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:12 am

flourman wrote:
Christ above a front 6 of

J Hyland, McCormack, N. Flynn, P Cribben, Tyrell, D Flynn

would be some forward line ...

We need to get Brian McLoughlin & Jack Robinson into squad as well. I don’t what’s changed in Kildare but we’ve started producing top quality forwards in recent years & long may it continue.

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:23 am

Defence still needs that hard edge. I remember in the 60s in club football you the like of Nails Connell & Horse Mackey.

Hacksaw Bambrick no altar boy either.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 10:45 am

Paddy Neilan the ref for Saturday. Reffed league against Tyrone last year and CO’N wasn’t pleased with his performance. Hopefully he makes up for it Saturday
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:01 pm

He blew for a Kildare free back in our half that nobody else saw when we were clean through last play of the game. Healy about 25yards out at the time on the ball and unmarked.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 8:10 pm

This game for both managers is a must win I reckon looser manager is a gonner , I think Kildare will keep her lit ,bye Micky
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 pm

Could be the sun but for some reason i have a good feeling about this game nothing better than a sunny Newbridge on a Sat night with a great atmosphere for the qualifiers.... Up the lilies.... now where's my factor 300!!!!!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 8:47 pm

#stay away from the stand!!!!
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 10:07 pm

Actually a large risk of rain, and heavy at that.

Could make for a very sloppy game if some of the thundery downpours that will be around the east hit Newbridge. Could be lucky and stay dry and warm. Sunny though looking less and less likely.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 10:39 pm

Accu weather, who are extremely accurate have it in the 20s for the match with 40% chance of rain, dropping to 20% by the end of the match.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:18 am

If O'Neill goes, we are screwed – we literally won't be able to get another manager at all, at all.

At least according to Ogie, with his constant references to the savagely over-demanding Kildare support spoilt by two Leinsters in 63 years, one All Ireland in a century and no league titles ever.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next