Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12

Go down 
+45
Cilldara_2000
topcat
kelf
overthebar
Lily8
Big Full Back
rgb
lastline
Loads of Pints
hawker
analysis
parcel
Ogie
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
stanley
KFSAM
murof
totheline
tomcruise
steviegenius
Tadhgín
lomond
carra2323
MD
fanofkildare
midfieldmaestro
carburyman
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
bag of white
centreback
Jimmy winning matches
ohluckyme
walsheman
kickingking
kildaregaa365
Rex
Horsebox
Botch
BelieveToAchieve
flourman
ChopperDalton
peile
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:52 pm

This will be a great opportunity to see exactly how we measure against the current most consistent team in the country. Still I expect Geezer to make a number of changes as it's the last real chance to experiment before championship. I would think he already has 12 or 13 definites for Offaly start. Interesting that Eoin Doyle was introduced last sunday at a time when the team was in real trouble, shows a lot of faith from Geezer. Might be a good time also to try Earley in his best position in midfield.
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 pm

Interesting that Doyle was picked ahead of Chalky, Tommy O Neil and Mollick. Chalky appears to have completetly dropped down the pecking order, did he play the junior match before and?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:53 pm

I agree to a certain extent - throwing Doyle on in those circumstances was a massive show of faith and that faith was repaid - in the few minutes I saw of Eoin Doyle I was impressed: good hands, speed and bravery. He could definitely be in for consideration for Tyrone.

In regards to Dermot - I am not sure starting him @ midfield is a good idea against what will be a strong running Tyrone attack, I am not sure Dermot has the legs for this anymore (as much as it pains me to admit it).
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:06 pm

Excuse my ignorance but can somebody tell me where Eoon Doyle is from and when did he come into the senior panel?
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 pm

Think he's from Naas. As Flourman said he was very good, no problem to him at all, especially first match.

Where do we put Dermot ? (maybe seperate thread) Don't think O'Connor deserves to lose his place to accomodate him either. Delighted to see Earley on last sunday but it was hard not to feel sorry for Tomas.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:17 pm

I see Dermot's role as it was on Sunday - coming off the bench to inspire @ midfield or full forward. I was surprised he was put FF on Sunday considering at the time we were getting wiped in Midfield (mainly due to our own kickouts). I just don't think he is mobile enough anymore for anywhere near 70 mins, so impact sub for me @ Midfield or FF.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:30 pm

BTA, not go to many Kildare games at underage level? Doyle was centre back on the 21 team year. Played wing back for the minor team that got to the All Ireland Quarter Final in 09
A Naas clubman
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:35 pm

Thanx hurlerontheditch, I go to whatever games I can. I have a full time job and a you g family which take priority over the GAA. I have seen a bit of the U/21's in recent years, can't say that he stood out.
Hopefully he'll become another success story for this Kildare setup.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 10:52 pm

I have to say I was fairly impressed by Doyle in the Galway game. He did what he had to do. I dont know much about him but obviously I would assume geezer has a high opinion of him.

As for Dermot. I was amazed when he came on at full forward. Amazed. I really think geezer got lucky. I really think he made all the wrong decisions from the line. Everything he did was incorrect in my opinion.

Enough of the I really. Glad we got a bit of luck. Now lets beat a team of recognition and who are going well.
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:33 pm

Not having a go now botch just wondering could you elaborate on some of Geezers wrong decisions??
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Well we were getting cleaned out of it at the middle. Bergin was flying. Early could do well on him imo so to put him ff was mad.

Taking off Mcgrillan was another strange one. The problem was that the ball was coming in constantly and I though he was doing ok. He was not that bad imo

Taking off O Connor was another strange one. Why not leave him in ther and have early in the middle and take pauidi off.

Dare I say it Johhny was getting skint. Bradshaw was causing us untold problems and yet Johnny was standing off him. Although to leave him on jsut for the class he has proved to be correct.

He seemed to me and to most people around me that any switch or change he made was difficult to understand given the problems we had getting the ball.

Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:15 am

Would agree Botch. When I saw Dermot warming up I was certain it was to win some ball in the middle. It might even have been worthwhile putting O'Connor in the middle if Dermot was ff.
Suppose it worked out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:22 am

The Tyrone game will be fascinating. Kildare will go in as underdogs against a team who are undefeated this year. It will be closer than the opening league game and depending on the weather could be one of the contests of the year. Who ever wins the most breaking ball will be the winner of the game as neither team have a traditional midfield paring. Leper coming back in is a major plus. It could go wither way but I'm hoping Kildare will have that game where two good halves are put back to back. If they do that they area match for anyone.

Looking forward to it as it is one of the rare times where losing is not the disaster it usually is as both teams are already promoted. In essence it's a free swing and both teams should play with a greater degree of freedom.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:36 am

Botch wrote:
I have to say I was fairly impressed by Doyle in the Galway game. He did what he had to do. I dont know much about him but obviously I would assume geezer has a high opinion of him.

As for Dermot. I was amazed when he came on at full forward. Amazed. I really think geezer got lucky. I really think he made all the wrong decisions from the line. Everything he did was incorrect in my opinion.

Enough of the I really. Glad we got a bit of luck. Now lets beat a team of recognition and who are going well.

I wouldn't go overboard about Doyle on that showing. He didn't have a whole lot of involvement, even if he won the free that ultimately led to the penalty. He also put a pretty poor pass in towards Smith that ran out for a wide. But Geezer must certainly have a lot of time for him as it seemed a strange decision from the stand. The Dermot one worked out well even if I too was surprised at O'Connor coming ashore. I thought the disappearance of Conway and Flats junior in the second half in terms of not winning and using dirty ball was the root cause of O'Connor's lack of possession and it would have made more sense to take off one of them particularly as we weren't getting any scoreable frees for them to take (anyone notice we only had 1 scoreable free the whole game, not that Galway had too many either). Dermot not only scored a valuable point to bring us back to a 3 point game, but also seemed to help spook the Galway full back line in those last frantic few minutes, so I wouldn't have a problem with him being cited at FF. Also, you saw when he had a one on one sprint with the full back that he is a yard (or ten) short on speed/fitness and probably not yet ready for a midfield berth. He may never be.
Regarding McGrillen, I thought it was absolutely the right call - he was having a nightmare and cost us at least two or three points early on and never got to the pitch of the game. He rarely seems to get into a game at no.3 for some reason - more suited to corner or wing in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 am

This is the match to try Dermot out at midfield and see how he goes. Promotion is already secured so this game is fairly irrelevant. It would be nice to win it, but I doubt there'll be too many sleepless nights if we lose.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 am

kickingking wrote:
This is the match to try Dermot out at midfield and see how he goes. Promotion is already secured so this game is fairly irrelevant. It would be nice to win it, but I doubt there'll be too many sleepless nights if we lose.
spot on!!
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:44 am

Think this game will give us a real indication of where we are. Our last meeting with Tyrone our backs were pulled and dragged all over the place, a lot of our players did not turn up on the night and guess what ? we were only beaten by 5 points.
We are definite underdogs with absolutely nothing to lose, we are promoted already so i see us winning by 3 or 4 points. king king king
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:51 am

the green jerseys will be out that day
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:31 pm

Botch wrote:
Well we were getting cleaned out of it at the middle. Bergin was flying. Early could do well on him imo so to put him ff was mad.

putting earley ff was the drawing of the game we were 4 points down and dermot scored one and was instrumental in the making of the penalty, to say that decision was wrong is mad if it was a game of chess that move by geezer was check-mate
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:32 pm

I cant agree cb. We bearly got the ball into ff when dermot can on. It never looked like we were going to either. I am not good at chess but no way was that a check mate move. I firmly believed we got our first piece of LUCK for the year. Nothing to do with switches or anything that was done on the line.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:48 am

dont know what game you looked at but il remind you dermot was on the field for 10 mins and there was 5 balls kicked into him in those 10 mins now i dont know if you have ever played in a full forward line but believe me if you do and you get 5 balls kicked to ya in 10mins you should be delighted with that.
to say bearly any ball went into him is ludacris or else your just making stuff up to suit your arguement
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:16 am

I have to agree with centreback on this one. Putting Dermot on at full forward was the difference between drawing that game and losing it.

He got at least 3 vital touches to the ball that led to Kildare scores.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 4:12 am

Think Bolty and JD might beg to differ a little there but hey, at least we're arguing about who saved the day and not why we lost!
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:43 am

fone wrote:
the green jerseys will be out that day

Suspect dont start that debate again or this forum will go into melt down
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 am

So I presume it's Kildare v Tyrone 2pm and Cork v Mayo 4pm in Croker on the 29th?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next