Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12

Go down 
+45
Cilldara_2000
topcat
kelf
overthebar
Lily8
Big Full Back
rgb
lastline
Loads of Pints
hawker
analysis
parcel
Ogie
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
stanley
KFSAM
murof
totheline
tomcruise
steviegenius
Tadhgín
lomond
carra2323
MD
fanofkildare
midfieldmaestro
carburyman
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
bag of white
centreback
Jimmy winning matches
ohluckyme
walsheman
kickingking
kildaregaa365
Rex
Horsebox
Botch
BelieveToAchieve
flourman
ChopperDalton
peile
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 pm

Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
The fact that hardly anyone - including me - knew that Kildare had won this title before shows you how unimportant it is in the long run. Like, Armagh won this in 2010 and had a horrible championship.

Having said that it was a good performance, particularly without Flynn, and can only build confidence in terms of beating good teams in Croke Park.

And by the way, Conway's footpassing is a joy to watch, thought he deserved his MOTM award.

Gulp... when did they win it?

Just seen the other thread. That was one big massive giant fuck-up by me then.....

Or maybe not... it's not really considered a national title because in that era, the divisional finals were qualifiers for the overall league title and Kildare were beaten in the 1/4 final in 1974. Clutching at straws maybe, but clutch I will....
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:59 pm

Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
The fact that hardly anyone - including me - knew that Kildare had won this title before shows you how unimportant it is in the long run. Like, Armagh won this in 2010 and had a horrible championship.

Having said that it was a good performance, particularly without Flynn, and can only build confidence in terms of beating good teams in Croke Park.

And by the way, Conway's footpassing is a joy to watch, thought he deserved his MOTM award.

Just seen the other thread. That was one big massive giant fuck-up by me then.....

Or maybe not... it's not really considered a national title because in that era, the divisional finals were qualifiers for the overall league title and Kildare were beaten in the 1/4 final in 1974. Clutching at straws maybe, but clutch I will....

Sounds logical, we need someone who was at the match in 1974 to tell us whether a trophy was handed over!

Anyway just to expand on my original point I think yesterday is a great boost in terms of winning a competitive game against a good team but I'm just saying the trophy itself doesn't mean much. Like, another recent winner of this is Westmeath, just pointing out that the good football we played is more meaningful than the trophy.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

Sounds logical, we need someone who was at the match in 1974 to tell us whether a trophy was handed over!
Anyway just to expand on my original point I think yesterday is a great boost in terms of winning a competitive game against a good team but I'm just saying the trophy itself doesn't mean much. Like, another recent winner of this is Westmeath, just pointing out that the good football we played is more meaningful than the trophy.

..over to you Peile.
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:30 am

Can't remember Sam. But I remember you pissing your trousers in Aughrim in the 90's and I couldn't slap ya because Sam senior was there too
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:30 am

Well done to all involved.
Think this win could be the one that we have being waiting for for some time. I believe this will push the lads on and give them that believe that is needed to get over the line and achieve something big.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 1:48 am

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

I agree. It was just one of those things that was being thrown at them, they hadn't beaten one of these boys and they hadn't won anything, including within this county. Now the detractors will have to look for something else. The progress they have made is spectacular in every area. In terms of the depth of the squad, the mental strength etc. And just this year alone, the free-taking has been an area of massive improvement.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=1976
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:49 am

Just watched the game again tonight without the nerves which make you miss half of what goes on. Overall we were never in trouble apart from the usual Tyrone push after halftime for about 10 mins.
Great to see Kildare control the game, keep Tyrone were they wanted them and move them around as they saw fit, then when Tyrone's fitness faulted Kildare moved up a gear and blew them away. In fact I would say Kildare played well within themselves yesterday and have a few more levels to move up.

It's incredible to say it but the lads look even fitter this year than they did over the last couple of years.
They now have added steel and confidence and will be dangerous to anybody this year.

It would be good for the GAA if Kildare won an All Ireland.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:59 am

rgb wrote:
Superb news vodafone. I congratulate you on your decision. Just the once though.

On to the game. The lads are chuffed and rightly so...am delighted for them.

Will give everyone a lift heading for the summer.

Well if it stops your monotonous moaning & bitching like a auld one !! your welcome !!!!!! Suspect

Good win for Kildare although , any gripes now ye blouse & hand bag
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:10 am

Ah no, I'm happy with that. Took you six posts but you got there eventually. Well done!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 7:37 pm

peile wrote:
Can't remember Sam. But I remember you pissing your trousers in Aughrim in the 90's and I couldn't slap ya because Sam senior was there too

it wasn't pee, it was tears at what just happened on the pitch. Either that or your spilt beer.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:31 pm

Delighted for Kildare and the lads. They were the fitter team in the last 10. Thought there were some good performances all round. Though P Kelley and Bolton did well as they were given the tough man marking jobs and did them well. Conway, Leper, Johnny Doyles catch, fogarthy, ... we could go on. But as you could see after teh game the players although happy seem to be still focused on the champ. Lets hope now for some good performances in the champ. Forget about the all ireland. Leinster should be our number 1 aim.
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:48 am

rgb wrote:
Ah no, I'm happy with that. Took you six posts but you got there eventually. Well done!

danke schoen mein fuhrer !!! heil RGB
Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Hitler10

Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:46 am

Not a clue what that's all about but I'm sure it's another thigh-slapper...

Anyway, watched the DVD again tonight and our use of the ball is very very efficient. The team move the ball very well up and down the field and seem to have developed the instinct of knowing when to burst through a tackle and when to double back and look for support.

The only on-going issue is the scores-to-shots ratio but that's improving too. I still think the likes of Fogarty and Dowling are better suited to coming on in the last 15 mins. when spaces are starting to appear. We are always going to be in the position of neck-and-neck scorelines with the big teams coming into the last quarter of the match and that could be the time to use them young guns. Being able to spring someone in the last 15 mins. who can knock over a few chances will be vital against the big teams.

The lack of goal chances is a worry but not every team will play a sweeper like Tyrone did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7