Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12

Go down 
+45
Cilldara_2000
topcat
kelf
overthebar
Lily8
Big Full Back
rgb
lastline
Loads of Pints
hawker
analysis
parcel
Ogie
wingback
Ohtoohtobe
stanley
KFSAM
murof
totheline
tomcruise
steviegenius
Tadhgín
lomond
carra2323
MD
fanofkildare
midfieldmaestro
carburyman
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Come on the Boys in Blue
bag of white
centreback
Jimmy winning matches
ohluckyme
walsheman
kickingking
kildaregaa365
Rex
Horsebox
Botch
BelieveToAchieve
flourman
ChopperDalton
peile
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 am

was talking to jim mc guinness before match and said kildare win today would and trip to portugal would wonders to team

Last edited by fone on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:03 am

fone wrote:
was talking to jim mc guinness before match and said kildare would and trip to portugal would wonders to team

You on the sauce fone? Laughing
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 am

murof wrote:
To all those who ridiculed myself and others at the start of the year when we wanted to see some of the U21's get a run I have just 2 words for you, Podge Forarty!

Get over yourself. I didn't hear anybody begrudging the likes if Moolick, Fogarty or the other U/21's in the panel - a run. People had issues with the Athy fan club trying to claim
places for their unproven youngsters.

If Fogarty can maintain that form over the coming months, Smith's days are numbered. He was truly awful today, at times he didn't even go for the ball.

Well done again to Podge, keep the feet on the ground and keep working hard
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:15 am

That result today has me at my optimistic that I've been for a long time. Not only did we beat a top team but we closed out the game excellently in the last ten minutes. I thought the way we did so was extremely impressive and big kudos must go the Fogarty (especially) and Leper, Conway and Doyle.

And nevermind the backs being like a brick wall (as per the Sunday Game lads), I thought Peter Kelly was individually like a brick wall. He really was excellent and was my MOTM.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:18 am

BelieveToAchieve wrote:
murof wrote:
To all those who ridiculed myself and others at the start of the year when we wanted to see some of the U21's get a run I have just 2 words for you, Podge Forarty!

Get over yourself. I didn't hear anybody begrudging the likes if Moolick, Fogarty or the other U/21's in the panel - a run. People had issues with the Athy fan club trying to claim
places for their unproven youngsters.

If Fogarty can maintain that form over the coming months, Smith's days are numbered. He was truly awful today, at times he didn't even go for the ball.

Well done again to Podge, keep the feet on the ground and keep working hard
well fogarty could be forward kildare are looking for he had a great club championsip for larries last year
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:21 am

I think so too. We're still waiting on Fionn Dowling to come good aswell. If he and Fogarty have a good Summer, God knows where we cud end up this Summer.

Was very impressed with Shane Connolly today aswell. He was flawless in all parts of his game, especially under the high ball.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 am

I'm well over myself BTA, in fact I'm over the moon. I never pushed for Athy players to be automatically promoted to the team. I thought Eaton,Feely and Dunne were worth a look, Dunne is unlikely to make it and Eaton is injured. Feely is the real deal but unavailable. For the record the one player I always thought had huge potential was Fogarty and that was based on his minor days. Anyway lets all enjoy the moment.
Back to top Go down
BelieveToAchieve
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 am

Yeah ur right - we should all enjoy the moment.
I wasn't implying that you called for all Athy players to be brought in, there were a lot of Athy cheerleaders tho. I heard some highlights on KFM on the way home, am I right in saying THE biggest Athy fan - Ger McNally is not their commentator anymore?
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am

just chatting to a few of the lads here,they couldn't get over how tired Tyrone got in the last ten minutes of the game,seems our lads are a lot fitter
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 am

Very good win today. Finally beat a top team, well Tyron ewere a top team before today but now are not according to some people. Anyway, the whole team done their jobs to perfection. The problem of conceding scores straight up the middle was solved by the tactic used. Only a few wrong decisions taken and but all the right ones at the crucial times.

The tank engine up front was causing all sorts of problems. They were terrified of him. He causes so much consternation when the ball is coming in its funny. Kildare's link play was very good, they out Tyroned Tyrone in that area, always with an option. The defenders hunted in packs but did their individual jobs brilliantly. Bolton never gave Mulligan a sniff and Ollie did a great job on O'Neill.
Tyrone the free scoring team of the year so far restricted to 11 points. Certainly the defence was worked on in Portugal.

We bossed midfield with a make shift set up and our forwards did enough. Of course Fogarty will get a lot of praise which is deserved but out free taking has improved beyond recognition. Did we miss any today. EOF kept things moving really well and Conways kick passing was a joy to watch. Strange Spillane didn't mention that this evening.

Over all a very satisfying win no matter what anyone thinks in other Counties. We didn't stumble over the line or ride our luck, we beat Tyrone up and won by a clear 5 points while still not having a first choice midfield. Kildare were stuck below a glass ceiling not being able to beat the so called big teams when it mattered, that ceiling was smashed today.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:00 am

carburyman wrote:
just chatting to a few of the lads here,they couldn't get over how tired Tyrone got in the last ten minutes of the game,seems our lads are a lot fitter
that where the kildare trip won them the game
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 am

The free taking seems to have improved hugely in this league campaign. Credit to EOF and Conway because it's one area where we've fallen down on in recent years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:34 am

Well I just had a sneaky feeling we would do it and im over the moon for the lads.That catch JD made in the middle of the park coming into the 61 minute I think it was. Was Inspirational and what about the point he got from the side line. Impossible angle. Super point! It gave us the four point cushion. Once we drew level with Tyrone and went one up dont think we looked back. Tyrone have been considered the top form team in the country recently and it was great to see how we measured up to them.Good to get that monkey off our back! That was a significant win for us today. Im delighted for the team, management and supporters. Well done to all involved!
Proud to be a lilywhite!! Enjoy tonight lads well deserved! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
peile
Intercounty
Intercounty
peile

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Great team performance. Several man of the match contenders. Never easy to pick one !!
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 pm

kickingking wrote:
The free taking seems to have improved hugely in this league campaign. Credit to EOF and Conway because it's one area where we've fallen down on in recent years.

Couldn't agree more. It's very rare you see our free taking mentioned in here anymore which is a good thing. Really happy with our performance in the last 15 yesterday when the game was in melting pot. We stood and dictated the game for that period doing what all good teams do in such situations. I didnt think winning division 2 would mean as much to me as it does. Was a very very happy man coming out of croker yesterday even though it felt like minus 20 degrees !!
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:35 pm

Well done Kildare. 2012 is going to be our year.

Great to see JD going up to collect the cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 pm

tomcruise wrote:
Well done Kildare. 2012 is going to be our year.

Great to see JD going up to collect the cup.

Lads lets us not lose the run of ourselves here. A fantastic result no question about it.

But from this morning on Division 2 and its winners is forgotten about. It's all about the Championship here on in.

Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:52 pm

The defence was excellent but it was great to see such good football too, great footpassing and link up play through the middle all missed by Spillane and Brolly. I thought leper was MOTM.
cheers Roll on the Championship
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

The fact that hardly anyone - including me - knew that Kildare had won this title before shows you how unimportant it is in the long run. Like, Armagh won this in 2010 and had a horrible championship.

Having said that it was a good performance, particularly without Flynn, and can only build confidence in terms of beating good teams in Croke Park.

And by the way, Conway's footpassing is a joy to watch, thought he deserved his MOTM award.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm

Ohtoohtobe wrote:
The fact that hardly anyone - including me - knew that Kildare had won this title before shows you how unimportant it is in the long run. Like, Armagh won this in 2010 and had a horrible championship.

Having said that it was a good performance, particularly without Flynn, and can only build confidence in terms of beating good teams in Croke Park.

And by the way, Conway's footpassing is a joy to watch, thought he deserved his MOTM award.

Gulp... when did they win it?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm

johnsmyth wrote:
The defence was excellent but it was great to see such good football too, great footpassing and link up play through the middle all missed by Spillane and Brolly. I thought leper was MOTM.
cheers Roll on the Championship

i agree the amount of possession leper had was unreal and even with him making a good few mistakes on the ball his desire to get on the ball is great and his point was super.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:07 pm

We were by far the better team in Croker yesterday. A lot of Tyrone scores came from us being turned over in possession. Leper was guilty of being caught in possession once or twice, Mick Foley also.

In saying that both had good games.

We had to be patient and bide our time. What impressed me most about us yesterday was our measured approach. We didnt kick the ball in on top of O'Connor aimlessly. We probed and probed around their 45 line and retained possession and waited an opening, particularly in the first half which is where we won the match. We went in at half time against a gale force win an point up and possibly could have been more.

We looked nervous and edgy a little at the begining of the 2nd half but we got through that period thanks to really excellent defending.

As soon as we got a couple of points ahead we drew Tyrone out of their box a little which allowed us to kick on further as gaps and openings created. Tyrone were never going to beat us in an open contest.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

Just seen the other thread. That was one big massive giant fuck-up by me then.....
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Dont underestimate the importance of beating one of the big four and also walking up the steps to collect a trophy in Croke Park. Very significant achievement and will bring on the team further.

We are primed now better than we have been in years for a shot at Leinster and Sam.
Beating a big gun in a big game, showing good form, scoring well, spreading the scores around the team, strength in depth and touchwood light on injuries.

I loved the understated celebration of the players on the pitch after. Despite the win they just looked like they knew this is just another step along the way to the big prize.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Ogie wrote:
Ogie wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:

Just seen the other thread. That was one big massive giant fuck-up by me then.....

In fairness you and the rest of the world, following Kildare all my life and never knew we won Division Two in 74!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12   Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone NFL Div 2 Final 29/4/12
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next