Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+35
Rex
flourman
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Shay tompkins
TheManInTheStands
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
Kildare98
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
intheback
John_R
jimmers
if_in_doubt
moatesports
jj
tpos
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
parcel
johnnykildare
Cassanata
MD
White Bridge
OutTheGap
Blackadder
kickingking
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 1:37 am

Think big trouble here. Set up perfectly for Tyrone. They wanted to play a new brand of football in Ulster with aim of troubling Dublin (often said no county has notions like them outside of Meath). Donegal punished them for it and they've reverted to type. Running game, short-passing from a mass defence, picking off scores at other end, goal chances on counter and so on. Basically a game that we have never been able to do anything against, even when it's the like of Fermanagh and Carlow employing it.

Tyrone by six or seven.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 1:48 am

Looking at it objectively, would agree Tommy.

But once the ball is thrown in, objectivity will take a running jump & I'll be cheering on from the stand like a mad man.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:19 am

We’ve a better chance tomorrow than we did in the Leinster semi final, or mayo last year.
The team named will give us an idea of how CON plans to play it. I think we need Feely, Conway and Moolick in the middle of the pitch to deal with their attempts to boss us.
Doyle needs to sit in the number 6 position and not budge and we can’t give up soft frees.
They’ll attempt to exploit gaps between our full back and half back line so that space needs to be kept to a minimum.
I think we’ve the forwards to occupy their defenders.
A huge part of what we must bring to the table is the right attitude and a savage work rate. Do that and we’ve a real chance. Any drop in attitude or work rate and we’re in trouble.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:24 am

I don't care what Tyrone bring, if we have the same desire and physicality as this time last year against Mayo we'll give 'em one hell of a game. That's all I want.

They are not all that, and haven't been for a number of years. Get into them early, get the crowd into the battle and see how they go.

If there's one team outside of Galway we owe one to it's this lot.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 4:55 am

Definitely the mindset is absolutely key.

This team is very erratic but if they bring the same ferocity they brought against Mayo last year we have a great chance.

See you on the other side troops.

Cill Dara Abu.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 5:24 am

Please please please tell me we will not be wearing that poxy green tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 5:45 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Please please please tell me we will not be wearing  that poxy green tomorrow?

Is wearing our home jersey for a home match too much to expect? Wouldn't be any way surprised to see us in the green / navy number with Tyrone in red.

I'd imagine it'll be the same team again, leave Tyrell and Neill inside on their own and have the half forward line dropping deep to fill the middle third with McCormack and Feely trying to link things up. Plenty of pace in Slats and Healy to get on the ball and cause problems with their running, can't see Tyrone allowing us to create many chances so we'll need to cut out the wides and shots dropping short.

Cribbin to wing back and pretty much just trailing Harte with Moolick added to the middle to add a bit more physicality maybe. O'Donoghue's pace being another threat off the bench then as well.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Please please please tell me we will not be wearing  that poxy green tomorrow?
Not 100% sure of the ruling KB but you would imagine on a strict home/away basis we would tog white and them red. Like you, i hate that poxy green !!! affraid
Back to top Go down
John_R
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 6:03 am

In the past we wore green against Tyrone in Newbridge. It's a strange one - is there a ruling that even if you have home advantage you wear your away kit along with the other team if both are same home jerseys? I don't get it.

Either way won't be green. New away Jersey is navy.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:39 am

No Moolick... Baffling
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:29 am

The official team does not to handed in to referee until 4.20pm tomorrow

Moolick only 25 -30 minutes in Championship the Dublin game prove that he out his feet at start of second half
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:31 am

Newbridge is a tight pitch. Suits him down to the ground. Tommy will fight all day for you and that’s what we need tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:35 am

Badger85 wrote:
Newbridge is a tight pitch. Suits him down to the ground. Tommy will fight all day for you and that’s what we need tomorrow
and 21 degrees of heat
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 am

Didn’t realise Leixlip has a micro climate, different from the rest of the county which means anything above 20 degrees renders all footballers useless. Must be sub tropical down south of the county for the rest of the year 😄😄
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:34 am

Can't wait for tomorrow. We owe these one. As long as we leave it all out there , I don't care win, lose or draw. Cmon The Lilies.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 10:30 am

Confirming team v Tyrone - same starting 15 as against Antrim

1 MDonnellan 2 MDempsey 3 MOGrady 4 PKelly 5 CODonoghue 6 EDoyle 7 DHyland 8 KFeely
9 FConway 10 DSlattery 11 CHealy 12 KCribbin 13 ATyrrell 14 BMCCormack 15 NFlynn
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 12:15 pm

Rex wrote:
I don't care what Tyrone bring, if we have the same desire and physicality as this time last year against Mayo we'll give 'em one hell of a game. That's all I want.

They are not all that, and haven't been for a number of years. Get into them early, get the crowd into the battle and see how they go.

If there's one team outside of Galway we owe one to it's this lot.
Beaten AI Final last Year.  With 3 time AI Winning Manager. 
Respect.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:24 pm

Am I right in saying that this might be the last match in Conleth’s in its current condition? (Hopefully there’s at at least one more game there).
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:40 pm

Could be

Round 4 are natural venues
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 7:44 pm

John_R wrote:
In the past we wore green against Tyrone in Newbridge. It's a strange one - is there a ruling that even if you have home advantage you wear your away kit along with the other team if both are same home jerseys? I don't get it.

Either way won't be green. New away Jersey is navy.

Strange rule is correct, remember playing Monaghan last year, both teams wore away strip, green and blue and when jerseys were wet it was almost impossible to distinguish between them.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 8:51 pm

Tyrone should not be underestimated. They were second best team last year, they ran Dublin as close as anyone in all Ireland final despite an early penalty decision going against them, they beat Dublin by 3 points this year in the league. Okay their championship form hasn't been the best but they always thrive in adversity and in knock out games. The effort that is required to beat them is enormous. However the performance of Kildare last year against Mayo should not be underestimated either, mayo were excellent in that game and played their hearts out, Diarmuid O Connor almost collapsed with exhaustion such was the effort, my point is this is a massive task but Kildare are capable especially with atmosphere that can be created in Newbridge
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:35 pm

Naturally we should expect some close attention and cynicism but we can't moan about it anymore but instead we have to learn to deal with it. Cynical play is a fact of life playing the top teams. last year we bemoaned it, I had to check if it was dessie mone or Frankie dettori on fergal Conway's back not to mention Daniel Flynn's sending off in the Galway game, all very effective . Kildare are not a inexperienced team made up of U20's so I would hope they can cope and avoid some of the pathetic efforts of the past and end up sent off instead.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 9:38 pm

Badger85 wrote:
Am I right in saying that this might be the last match in Conleth’s in its current condition? (Hopefully there’s at at least one more game there).

I wonder, probably be the same St. Conleths this time next year. Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2019 10:07 pm

The GAA seem to want to avoid anything the soccer bastards do. The jersey situation should be Kildare in white (home) and Tyrone in all red (away). Simple. God only knows what colours the teams will be wearing.

I'd have Moolick in there too, has a massive engine and that'll be badly needed around the middle.

Can't see us winning, unfortunately. Tyrone to pull away in the final quarter to win by 2-4 points.

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2019 12:48 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
Could be

Round 4 are natural venues

Croker usually
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next