Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Tyrone

Go down 
+35
Rex
flourman
topcat
SeamusMurphy
Gaa1928
Shay tompkins
TheManInTheStands
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
murof
lilysavage
Taibi
Botch
Badger85
Kildare98
KILL BILL
TommyKeegan
bite the pillow
intheback
John_R
jimmers
if_in_doubt
moatesports
jj
tpos
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
parcel
johnnykildare
Cassanata
MD
White Bridge
OutTheGap
Blackadder
kickingking
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
TheManInTheStands
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 2:38 am

1. We don’t make contact . We stand off and invite players on. I’d say we had 2 forced turnovers in the game. Turnovers build momentum. Where do you expect momentum to come from if you can’t deny your opposition a scoring opportunity when they attack. Games just become a shoot out.

2. We don’t mark players we mark space. In one instance in the first half a Tyrone player was in possession of the ball winding up for a score after shaking off his man and instead of eoin doyle tacking him or trying to get a block in he turned his back and went to the left to follow the run of his own man who was out of the game and never going to be put in. You can’t afford players at this level 6 feet of space they will Hurt you.

3. We had 1 , maybe 2 players of intercounty standard yesterday. Conway and perhaps feely . Very impressed with conway the only man with a pair of b*alls willing to have a cut.

4. If you’re CON and you’ve got 35 mins to save your intercounty management career. Do you not throw your hat at it and go man to man. Push the sweeper up on the kick outs and try force Tyrone long. You can’t win a game at this level forfeiting possession like this because we simply arent good enough to win a shootout againest the top counties.

5. Although great servents some Guys out there simply aren’t good enough anymore. They are being afforded the opportunity to wear they jersey due to loyalty from CON. I’m hoping we have a few retirees and some new blood comes into our setup.

6. County board and management needs to go. We are better than this. We need to realise where we are at and get back to basics . Work hard and earn the reputation that too many in this county think we have . The players are there but not the way there being coached. We deserve better

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Shay tompkins
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 3:08 am

6. County board and management needs to go. We are better than this. We need to realise where we are at and get back to basics . Work hard and earn the reputation that too many in this county think we have . The players are there but not the way there being coached. We deserve better - couldn’t agree more serious change needed in the county board. People with intelligence passion integrity and drive need to be given a chance. Let’s get the finger out and demand better.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 6:40 am

Just listening to a few people down town today, apparently Sarsfields won't be happy as Ben was not match fit and shouldn't have been on the panel let alone start the match yesterday.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 10:23 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Just listening to a few people down town today, apparently Sarsfields won't be happy as Ben was not match fit and shouldn't have been on the panel let alone start the match yesterday.

He wasn't alone in not been match fit.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Ben got injured on Monday night at a training session, it was reckless of the management to put him out there on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 7:32 pm

topcat wrote:
Ben got injured on Monday night at a training session, it was reckless of the management to put him out there on Saturday.

Yet another feather in the CON cap Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 8:49 pm

I don't mind losing football matches god knows i am used to it at this stage for club and county.... but i can't stand not leaving it all behind you on the pitch.... take every other variable out of the equation like the manager etc. and you are left with the individual performance which is primarily defined by the work rate and willingness to put the body on the line of the player.... watch Wexford yesterday.... am not going to start naming here but i lost count of the amount of times i seen a Kildare playing running beside a man with the ball and we were not even looking at the man this 'shadowing' has crept into our game and unless someone starts to take it out of it to me 75% of the players on the pitch won't tackle for some reason...… My god we must have a tackle ban in training or something...… to me we needed a few of those players like Philly McMahon on a panel to rough up the players so that when it comes to a match scenario we are used to it.... like Andriu Mac / Glenn / Rainbow / Sos / Davy Dalton can anyone see them giving an inch even in training..... and i am sick of saying this...
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 8:58 pm

Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley spoke of not having any idea of the training required to become competitive at inter county level before Geezer arrived - it's blatantly obvious that the current crop of players are similarly ignorant in this regard
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 9:29 pm

flourman wrote:
Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley spoke of not having any idea of the training required to become competitive at inter county level before Geezer arrived - it's blatantly obvious that the current crop of players are similarly ignorant in this regard

I was only thinking of that last night. We looked unfit compared to Tyrone.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 9:36 pm

The feedback would be that if we are on the pitch training for say 75mins CON is talking for a significant portion of this...…. and this was echoed by Tomas OShea in his time in Kerry....
Back to top Go down
Snowwhite
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2019 11:04 pm

micky murphy wrote:
The feedback would be that if we are on the pitch training for say 75mins CON is talking for a significant portion of this...…. and this was echoed by Tomas OShea in his time in Kerry....
What feedback Micky? Think you are being grossly unfair here.
Frankly, I would rather listen to feedback from Eamon Fitzmaurice, Liam Sheedy and Lar Corbett rather that the likes of TOS who clearly doesn´t like CON and has used his rubbish column in the Irish Indo to take a pop at him. CON is a decent bloke and will never reply to that type of person....
Have no problem with people not liking him but TOS is full of it!
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 12:02 am

Before we get too deep in criticism of the manager especially any personal criticism maybe we should all allow space and time for a decision. Whatever failings anyone has in a particular area they didn't set out to lose and has best intentions at heart. Also he is one of our own and for whatever failings he played a major part in NewbridgeorNoWhere which one of the most enjoyable games I have been at.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 12:14 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Before we get too deep in criticism of the manager especially any personal criticism maybe we should all allow space and time for a decision. Whatever failings anyone has in a particular area they didn't set out to lose and has best intentions at heart. Also he is one of our own and for whatever failings he played a major part in NewbridgeorNoWhere which one of the most enjoyable games I have been at.

Well said
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Tyrone    Kildare v Tyrone  - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Tyrone
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7