Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+54
Wonderful barn
CillDara71
Onhisboot
FlourBag_1
Thelillywhites
NorthernLily89
Southern Gael
Carbury legend
Gaa1928
Cilldara_2000
OutTheGap
topcat
Taibi
moatesports
White Bridge
seamymurphy
Kildare98
murof
Caprea
lilysavage
KILL BILL
Rex
jobluts
bite the pillow
lomond
TommyKeegan
Highball
learmus
Flamingo
Cassanata
micky murphy
Curraghplains
steviegenius
jj
LillieLad
Botch
kelf
Dido
ixus
DONTPULLOUT
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
lily4fr
white boy
Liffey Likes
SamMaguire
Badger85
jimmers
walsheman
lillyboy
All down the line
Ogie
Hurlerbehindtheditch
totalgaa
58 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 10:35 am

Not a fan of the jersey. I am a bit of a traditionalist though so would be happy with plain white. The grey is unnecessary I think as are the lines. Not much can be done about the sponsors logo.

Bigger picture is its the start of a new regime. Good luck to Jack and the lads. I think there's a real sense of optimism around.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 10:51 pm

People get very sensitive about a dash of colour on a white kit. Feel free to throw up some alternatives. I think its a decent kit.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Seconding what TK said.
FFS we could do a proper launch.
Also I'll ask again re Club Kildare...anyway to sign up online?
We can't compete with Dubs financially but we don't help ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 4:44 am

Tense all Ireland. Dublin forwards are really sharp, just super. Kerry doing well to be even with them, they had too much persistence in long ball early on. A few calls Kerry are lucky with but Dublin lucky not to receive any cards especially with the Morley pull down. Cluxton and Mannion getting too involved. Jim Gavin appears to be trying to referee the game too, I remember another manager getting sent off for getting involved with officials this year.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 6:19 am

A couple of thoughts...

1. That result has ensured the split will happen within the next 10 years.

2. Despite everything, that Kerry team will never line that down. Doesn’t matter what they achieve now... They’ll always be known as the Kerry team who let Dublin do five in a row. Christ!
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 6:31 am

It's time that Kerry and all other counties get their act together and get good volunteers just like gaa president John Dublin Horan said, after all that is the reason for their success. 😁
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 7:32 am

Delighted Dublin won. If they hadn't it would have been used as an excuse that all is well and we'd be stuck with this farce for another 10 years.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 7:55 am

Usually when Dubs win AI I feel sick to my stomach & want to leave country... Now I genuinely can’t wait for this week.

The fig leaf used by pro-Dub mob in media is that nothing they’ve achieved is unprecedented... Well now they’ve achieved something that’s literally unprecedented. Can’t wait to see how they spin this one.

Time to get the popcorn out everybody!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 9:31 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I actually think coolest ever design was 91 league final with Dubs with Pitman Moore logo... Have seen a few around, envy the feckers who have them!

Yes HG.... I found my old one the other week cleaning out a press. Pitman Moore spent a good bit of time on the Jersey but I think the weirdest one we had and if memory serves me right it was only for one game was the Nilzan Jerseys........
General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Ee3c3010
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 9:40 am

I love that top... Side note but I genuinely think Kildare are most hated county in Dublin right now.

I’ve spent the evening getting in neck from Dub friends over this, that & the other... It really rankles with them that Kildare & Mayo are the counties who’ll never bend the knee. Makes me v proud to be Kildare fan tbh.

Advising them to get used to it as we’ve never bowed to them & we never will.

Interesting also that there is apparently “respect” for Meath but not Kildare... Translation: Meath kiss our asses but Kildare won’t.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 8:16 pm

HG I see where you're coming from but you are deluded if you think this will result in a great awakening of the media into recognising the financial doping etc., the are like religious zealots and will never accept the facts, for fear of angering the gods, we need to ensure that every conversation we have about "the greatest ever," is accompanied with an asterisk
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 8:38 pm

I tried to total up this year's attendances but it appears that the attendance figures for most of the qualifiers have been suppressed. I suppose we'll have to take the GAA's word for it when they release their 2019 annual report. You'd imagine they're still on the downward trend and that next year will be worse. How many casual Dublin fans are going to bother paying an exorbitant ticket price to see so many non-games now that the "drive for five" has been completed?

Interest in inter-county football is already way down on where it used to be and is going to fall off a cliff. Croke Park will eventually take note. I fear it will be too late and splitting Dublin in ten years time won't make any difference. If anything, Dublin North vs Dublin South in the AI final every year will be the final nail in the coffin.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 pm

Agree attendance is on downward trend but blaming ticket prices is wrong. The problem is the games are just not entertaining because one team is way ahead of the other.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 11:22 pm

Lads whats going on with Neil Flynn? What I saw from yesterday he wouldn't make the Kildare junior team, maybe he wasn't trying for the club that might be unfair to him. Never seen a player go back so much In a year. Does not look full fitness completely out of shape Robinson and Nash are miles ahead of him anybody think the same?
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 12:33 am

Neil Flynn is overrated imo
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 am

Hardly comparing like with like there botch. The level of opposition that nash and robinson would meet in the IFC is nowhere near to that of a moorefield. But you're right saying he has probably regressed
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 1:08 am

Nash and Robinson would give Moorefield all the wanted of itThey would give any 6 Backs Trouble .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 9:31 am

I see Anthony Moyles amongst others saying it’s up to others to reach Dublin’s standards. As Blackadder once said, the slight flaw in that plan is that it’s bollocks.

If things stay as they are, Dublin - having already dominated this decade - will also dominate the next. Any defeats they suffer - both league and championship - will be spectacular one-offs. I could foresee five/six leagues next decade & another 7/8 All Irelands.

Meantime, interest will further decline, attendances will go through the floor, and the game will be further run into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 9:41 am

As Moorefield supporter, would love to have Nash & Robinson in our team. Two of the best young players in county & have to be in Kildare squad next year.

Neil Flynn will be back. Like Ben McCormack he is v injury prone. Needs a clear run to fully sharpen up & get back to top form.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 9:56 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
As Moorefield supporter, would love to have Nash & Robinson in our team. Two of the best young players in county & have to be in Kildare squad next year.

Neil Flynn will be back. Like Ben McCormack he is v injury prone. Needs a clear run to fully sharpen up & get back to top form.
lifestyle is problem
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 10:17 am

As I said earlier Flynn is over rated . Only my opinion but any team of any substance he plays against for both club or county he gets eaten alive. A very good club footballer. No offense to him.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Botch wrote:
As I said earlier Flynn is over rated . Only my opinion but any team of any substance he plays against for both club or county he gets eaten alive. A very good club footballer. No offense to him.

Very harsh. He wasn't eaten alive in the championship in 2018 when he was our top scorer with 2-35 (against teams of substance like Mayo, Monaghan, Galway) or when he scored 10 points in successive Leinster Under-21 finals in 2015 and 2016 against Dublin teams which had a few players on the team that did the 5 in a row.

Granted his form this year was nowhere near as good this year but it is possible he was carrying an injury that we don't know about.

On a more general point, I hope not only do all our top players commit to playing for Kildare next year but also commit to following the lifestyle that is needed for an inter county player these days. We can complain all day about Dublin's advantages but we haven't been making the most of the talent we have. It's make or break for a lot of our players over the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 2:09 am

one thing for sure if Kildare players dont put in the hard yards this year we can forget about being at the top table in my opinion the next 2 years defines us as a football county we either are or are not a contender or also ran
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 3:07 am

Only places where I've seen serious concerns raised about the future direction of football due to Dublin funding after weekend is this forum and Mayo GAA blog – coincidentally counties Dubs most dislike. They actually love Meath these days because they dutifully toe the line on and off field.

Of course takes a Mayo man to put the issue front and centre where it should be...

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/kevin-mcstay-if-dublin-win-six-will-the-gaa-see-it-as-a-problem-1.4020060

Also apparently radio stations will now be playing this song after every appearance by John Costello...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 5:12 am

On Prime Time on it later. Not sure how much of interview will make it on, sadly that's out of my hands. But people slowly waking up I believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next